Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 268

mustang gt owned

This is a discussion on mustang gt owned within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Mustangs... the car that's a little bit better than the normal car on the road... but that's about it. I ...

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Mustangs... the car that's a little bit better than the normal car on the road... but that's about it.

    I love my LS1

  2. #62
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Mustangs... the car that's a little bit better than the normal car on the road... but that's about it.

    I love my LS1
    i dont know about better maybe a little faster.

  3. #63
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I would love to have an 04 GT with a T-56 and LS1 swap, but I will miss the t-tops but have great suspension. IDK too many ups and downs with the f-body vs. stang argument.
    so what are the "ups" of a mustang

  4. #64
    Fuzzbuster Jr. fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cave Run Lake area, Kentucky
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,002

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    so what are the "ups" of a mustang
    I can think of some nice things about them and play devils advocate (not being sarcastic):

    1) Easy to find to purchase and still make new models

    2) Also has a huge aftermarket support like the LS1 cars

    3) Some prefer the looks of a mustang over an F-body

    4) .... umm

    I know there has to be more, I just can't think of any right now; probably just me being absent minded?

  5. #65
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I would love to have an 04 GT with a T-56 and LS1 swap, but I will miss the t-tops but have great suspension. IDK too many ups and downs with the f-body vs. stang argument.
    just do an upgrade from that and get an 03/04 Cobra.

  6. #66
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Mustangs... the car that's a little bit better than the normal car on the road... but that's about it.

    I love my LS1
    nice...... but to every one else we arent that fast either stock for stock.... even if we beat someone by bus lengths.... its.. well..............................

  7. #67
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I can think of some nice things about them and play devils advocate (not being sarcastic):


    3) Some prefer the looks of a mustang over an F-body

    actually that would be most.

  8. #68
    Senior Member t-rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    pocola oklahoma
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,121

    black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

    well seeing that this thread has been jacked for about the last 3 pages heres my .02 , i think the the modded fox bodies are cool and every one here would love to at least drive or own an old 429 cobra jet.. DIE THREAD DIE !!!!!!

  9. #69
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I can think of some nice things about them and play devils advocate (not being sarcastic):

    1) Easy to find to purchase and still make new models

    2) Also has a huge aftermarket support like the LS1 cars

    3) Some prefer the looks of a mustang over an F-body

    4) .... umm

    I know there has to be more, I just can't think of any right now; probably just me being absent minded?
    well... im not a mustang fan, but i didnt mean that theyre complete garbage. i just meant what are the ups of a mustang over aan ls1? better rear end? yea.... looks are preference too, so that doesnt really count.

  10. #70
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    well seeing that this thread has been jacked for about the last 3 pages heres my .02 , i think the the modded fox bodies are cool and every one here would love to at least drive or own an old 429 cobra jet.. DIE THREAD DIE !!!!!!
    on that note i think everyone here would at least like to drive or own a 1970 chevelle ss 454 ls6 or a 1968 427 yenko camaro rather than a 429 cobra jet. and i'd much rather (and did) drive a modded iroc-z than a fox body. no offense or anything just my .02.

  11. #71
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    on that note i think everyone here would at least like to drive or own a 1970 chevelle ss 454 ls6 or a 1968 427 yenko camaro rather than a 429 cobra jet. and i'd much rather (and did) drive a modded iroc-z than a fox body. no offense or anything just my .02.
    + 1

  12. #72
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    + 1

    +2 for me too

  13. #73
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Just a thought, do GM trucks have stronger rear ends then the 10 bolt? If they do can we just swap one of those into our f-bodies?

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    the biggest reason i don't have a 'stang is someone thought mine was worth more than what it was to me.... and lastly everybody has one.. when my car drives down the road heads turn... when a mustang goes by a few look but only aficinados.. EVERYBODY looks at the trans am's

  15. #75
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Just a thought, do GM trucks have stronger rear ends then the 10 bolt? If they do can we just swap one of those into our f-bodies?
    TOTAL guess.. probably do have stronger rears.. for towing??? but doubt they could be swapped without major fab work.. if your gonna do that.. just get a 9...

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    the biggest reason i don't have a 'stang is someone thought mine was worth more than what it was to me.... and lastly everybody has one.. when my car drives down the road heads turn... when a mustang goes by a few look but only aficinados.. EVERYBODY looks at the trans am's
    i will look at a mustang every once in a while.. i mean in a BLUE... BLUE... moon.. haha.. like once every few months one will make me look.. mainly cause i hear a nice exhaust.. i dont care what im doing.. if a fbody comes down the road.. i can tell you damn near the exact year and options of that damn car.. haha..

    i also see this with other people in town..

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    when my car drives down the road heads turn... when a mustang goes by a few look but only aficinados.. EVERYBODY looks at the trans am's
    Gimme a break! Does it make you feel better when you say that to yourself in the mirror? I'll bet you ran off and fondled yourself after you wrote that...haha

    You are driving an F-body, not a Ferrari. A few more heads turn when I drive my vette as opposed to my mustang, but it's not a drastic difference. In fact, I think more people look at the stang because they are fond of it, and more people look at the vette because they are jealous or automatically assume I'm a prick for driving it at the age of 24 (when I bought it). Some people ask me what I do to afford a $50k car... I'm like get real dude, I'm in the military. The car's not worth as much as you think. It cost me $19k for it a year and a half ago. The price was still a little high for the year even then, but it had low mileage - 22k.

    Anyway, the point is, maybe 10% of people on the road turn their head to look at my car, and about 5% turn and look for no apparent reason when I'm driving my beat-up 1990 GMC Suburban. Drive your car because it's fun to drive... other than kids, people don't really care unless it's an exotic, anyway.

    And don't make out like it's better than a mustang for its rarity. The only reason it's "less common" is because it didn't sell..... *ducks and runs for cover*

  17. #77
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Gimme a break! Does it make you feel better when you say that to yourself in the mirror? I'll bet you ran off and fondled yourself after you wrote that...haha

    You are driving an F-body, not a Ferrari. A few more heads turn when I drive my vette as opposed to my mustang, but it's not a drastic difference. In fact, I think more people look at the stang because they are fond of it, and more people look at the vette because they are jealous or automatically assume I'm a prick for driving it at the age of 24 (when I bought it). Some people ask me what I do to afford a $50k car... I'm like get real dude, I'm in the military. The car's not worth as much as you think. It cost me $19k for it a year and a half ago. The price was still a little high for the year even then, but it had low mileage - 22k.

    Anyway, the point is, maybe 10% of people on the road turn their head to look at my car, and about 5% turn and look for no apparent reason when I'm driving my beat-up 1990 GMC Suburban. Drive your car because it's fun to drive... other than kids, people don't really care unless it's an exotic, anyway.

    And don't make out like it's better than a mustang for its rarity. The only reason it's "less common" is because it didn't sell..... *ducks and runs for cover*
    i don't know chris, i will get a crowd of people gather around my car almost every other time i go to a gas station. i think it's because you just don't see t/ams anymore and ws6's are even less common to come by. you have to think as well, you have a vette and a mustang, and no offense but mustangs are like assholes everyone has one. as far as the vette, i like them but if you've seen one you've seen them all, they have looked pretty much the same for the last 15 years.

  18. #78
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    i don't know chris, i will get a crowd of people gather around my car almost every other time i go to a gas station. i think it's because you just don't see t/ams anymore and ws6's are even less common to come by. you have to think as well, you have a vette and a mustang, and no offense but mustangs are like assholes everyone has one. as far as the vette, i like them but if you've seen one you've seen them all, they have looked pretty much the same for the last 15 years.

    x2

    I still like Mustangs and Corvettes, but the F-bodies do tend to be more noticeable due to their finite numbers. My Z28 happens to "scream" with its color and stripes though. And it seems like F-bodies are much more likely to be modified than Corvettes. That doesn't apply to 'stangs, but then again they are much more plentiful.

    All I know is I look at 'em all, and can appreciate what the owners have done.

  19. #79
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    x2

    I still like Mustangs and Corvettes, but the F-bodies do tend to be more noticeable due to their finite numbers. My Z28 happens to "scream" with its color and stripes though. And it seems like F-bodies are much more likely to be modified than Corvettes. That doesn't apply to 'stangs, but then again they are much more plentiful.

    All I know is I look at 'em all, and can appreciate what the owners have done.
    i like that hugger orange with the white stripes. a guy up the road just sold one the same color but it was a 68 with a 327. i stopped to look at it but he wanted 18,000 for it which in my opinion was a little too much for that particular camaro, it had some bubble spots around a couple fender wells. now if it had a 396 in it and was an ss, oooooh yeah.

  20. #80
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    i like that hugger orange with the white stripes. a guy up the road just sold one the same color but it was a 68 with a 327. i stopped to look at it but he wanted 18,000 for it which in my opinion was a little too much for that particular camaro, it had some bubble spots around a couple fender wells. now if it had a 396 in it and was an ss, oooooh yeah.
    You should see the looks when a soon-to-be 43 year old gets out with two young kids!!!

    The other day a young guy working at Wal-Mart was getting the buggies when I pulled up. As I got out, he offered me some kind words about the car and I thanked him, mentioning I bet he thought a younger guy drove it. He said that he expected a nineteen or twenty year old, and then i joked that I was twenty-three.


    He looked puzzled.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Seriously OWNED !!!
    By SMWS6TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 04:33 AM
  2. N.O. racing 2011 mustang getz owned by 04 Evo 2wice
    By fbodyNATION in forum Southern Members
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 07:53 AM
  3. New 5.0 mustang gets owned by.......
    By 95camaroZNC in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 07:43 PM
  4. Have you gotten owned by the owned smiley??
    By 86 IROC-Z in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 12:59 PM
  5. owned my first new 05-07 Mustang saleen.
    By 01SOMSS! in forum Western Members
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 06:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •