Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

mustang gt owned

This is a discussion on mustang gt owned within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD I believe 3.27s started with the 4.6 Modular, but I couldn't find it for sure, so ...

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I believe 3.27s started with the 4.6 Modular, but I couldn't find it for sure, so no big deal either way.
    And no worries on what someone else might think.
    Yeah you are correct, most of the 5.slows at 3.08 in them. I know my buddies did stock and it was a dog!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    yeah congratulations on buying a car that is brand new and has less power than your almost 10 year old ws6. i'd love to know what the resale on it will be 10 years from now.
    wow.. take it easy dude.. damn

silver
    2002 ws6

as for t/a having cheap interior thats b/s. i rode in a gt and the whole ride feels cheap, and you feel cramped up. plus your comparing interior features of today to an almost 10 year old car? these cars were built for performance and if your main concern is all the bells and whistles then you need to be in the market for a luxury sedan. i had a 2000 bonneville ssei that had more bells and whistles than a mustang and could keep up with one (early 2000's) on the hwy. pretty good.
    agreed. i drove an 05 stang. it kinda felt like a tin can. still a mustang.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

oh and on a side note i read they get worse gas mileage than a t/a. so lets recap this...worse miles to a gallon of gas...have not even caught up to what gm was doing 10 years ago in the hp category...feels like a tin can driving it...everybody and their brother owns one. and the upside of buying a mustang? $3000.00 cheaper than a brand new t/a was (if thats even an up)...it has two tone leather instead of solid color leather...a multi-cd changer instead of single disc...oh and dont forget the heated leather seats.

silver
    2002 ws6

oh and on a side note i read they get worse gas mileage than a t/a. so lets recap this...worse miles to a gallon of gas...have not even caught up to what gm was doing 10 years ago in the hp category...feels like a tin can driving it...everybody and their brother owns one. and the upside of buying a mustang? $3000.00 cheaper than a brand new t/a was (if thats even an up)...it has two tone leather instead of solid color leather...a multi-cd changer instead of single disc...oh and dont forget the heated leather seats.
    but my cousin swears he gets 36 mpg with his 05 stang...

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

ok... had to expect some criticism... Don't get me wrong, i'm not putting down the f-bods in any way! Would love to still have my t/a, and my g/f even considered buying it so we could keep it (her car payments are very low on her DD car). I'm not saying that my main concern is the materials used or the optional equipment in the interior. this thread was just interesting to me because i've never considered driving a mustang either and had my stereotypes of who a 'mustang driver' is. But when i was in the market for a new car, which excludes the t/a's, camaros, GTO's etc so you can't compare them, i found it to be the best option out there for guys/gals like 'us'. As far a bells and whistles, i'm just saying that all the 'nice-ities' round out the package. So its not as hard-core performance oriented as the t/a, but for a daily driven car it has a nice balance of 'bells' and performance. I won't be pulling up to race any of you, just give you a thumbs up on a beautiful car. I hope some of you would do the same. as far as mpg, i've actually been very happy with it. (only a week) but got 17.3 around town, maybe 20miles of that on the highway. that's about 2-3 better than I got in the t/a. That's also on 87 octane. Not starting an argument--i'm sure someone is going to claim 17.4 in ls1--just sharing my experience! And resale in 10 yrs won't matter, will trade it in three or less. Who knows, it the camaro lives up to expectations i may have one of those--or a 'vette since school will be over! Peace!

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    agreed. i drove an 05 stang. it kinda felt like a tin can. still a mustang.
    as opposed to a plastic can?

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Way to be an asshole for no reason other than an overzealous anti-mustang complex.

Why not just let it go if the guy likes the mustang?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Way to be an asshole for no reason other than an overzealous anti-mustang complex.

I still think Mustangs are nice. It was my buddies new '06 (I think) white Mustang GT with red two tone leather interior that made me WANT a newer car (I was driving a 1986 car and a 1994 car then, I ditched the 1994 car for my WS6). I liked it a lot and thought it was pretty cool. When it came time to buy my car though, it was between an '03 Cobra and '02 WS6 (yes, I could have been driving a termy) but I wanted to try a GM product out that I thought looked nicer and sounded better, etc. I liked it more, but I still liked the Cobra too.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

hey chris..... and your mustang

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i'm just bringing up valid points. i said my part and i'm done.....untill the next round.lol

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    as opposed to a plastic can?
    a "still faster than an 08 mustang" plastic can.... sure.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    a "still faster than an 08 mustang" plastic can.... sure.
    just checking.

12.718 @ 117.47

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

didn't you say you had a 1200 rwhp fox?
    Nope

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

hey chris..... and your mustang
    Do you feel better now?

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

i'm just bringing up valid points. i said my part and i'm done.....untill the next round.lol
    Since you already like me so much, allow me. Here's a couple other valid points:

What's the difference between a new mustang and a "new" f-body? One of them exists. Maybe that's why he bought it?

Valid point #2: Your fuel mileage comment is retarded considering it directly follows this argument of yours:

these cars were built for performance and if your main concern is all the bells and whistles then you need to be in the market for a luxury sedan
    Substitute the bolded words with "gas mileage" and "economy car." BTW EPA estimates on your car is 15/25 and on a new mustang GT it's 15/23, which leads to my next next valid point: whoooptie friggin' doooooo!

As far as performance, why buy an LS1. I can't speak for the new mustang owner, but I have an LS1, but I chose it not for its performance. If I wanted performance I'd have gone with an '03 Cobra for about the same price. I'd rather drive the vette than a Cobra right now, and that's why I picked it. I'm just guessing that he would rather be driving a new mustang than an old F-body.

You're fun, and I especially like the way you tell other people what they "need to be in the market for!" Keep the entertainment coming.

Chris

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Since you already like me so much, allow me. Here's a couple other valid points:

What's the difference between a new mustang and a "new" f-body? One of them exists. Maybe that's why he bought it?

Valid point #2: Your fuel mileage comment is retarded considering it directly follows this argument of yours:

Substitute the bolded words with "gas mileage" and "economy car." BTW EPA estimates on your car is 15/25 and on a new mustang GT it's 15/23, which leads to my next next valid point: whoooptie friggin' doooooo!

As far as performance, why buy an LS1. I can't speak for the new mustang owner, but I have an LS1, but I chose it not for its performance. If I wanted performance I'd have gone with an '03 Cobra for about the same price. I'd rather drive the vette than a Cobra right now, and that's why I picked it. I'm just guessing that he would rather be driving a new mustang than an old F-body.

You're fun, and I especially like the way you tell other people what they "need to be in the market for!" Keep the entertainment coming.

Chris
    chris, i really do enjoy these pissing matches we get into. i can always count on you being there when i make a comment about a mustang.

i like how you try to twist my words around too, gas mileage to bells and whistles, and luxury sedan to economy car. i wouldnt call gas milage a bell or whistle, and i wouldnt call a luxury sedan an economy car.

as for an '03 cobra being the same price range as an ls1 your way off base. an '03 cobra was about $40,000 new an ls1 was less than $30,000. average resale now on an '03 cobra is between $25,000-$33,000 as compared to an ls1 $12,000-$20,000.

as for performance, yes the cobra performs a little better, but with some mods you can catch up to that quick with an ls1.

oh, and BTW epa estimates for my car was 17-27.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

chris, i really do enjoy these pissing matches we get into. i can always count on you being there when i make a comment about a mustang.

i like how you try to twist my words around too, gas mileage to bells and whistles, and luxury sedan to economy car. i wouldnt call gas milage a bell or whistle, and i wouldnt call a luxury sedan an economy car.

as for an '03 cobra being the same price range as an ls1 your way off base. an '03 cobra was about $40,000 new an ls1 was less than $30,000. average resale now on an '03 cobra is between $25,000-$33,000 as compared to an ls1 $12,000-$20,000.

as for performance, yes the cobra performs a little better, but with some mods you can catch up to that quick with an ls1.

03/04 cobras were $36,000.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Actually, your car was actually rated at 18/27, but you were close.

Anyway, the EPA changed the way it rated gas mileage a couple of years ago. Go to www.fueleconomy.gov to get find what your car would be rated with the new ratings - which are applied to the Mustang.

Or just click this link.

As for pricing....

- An 03 Cobra had an MSRP of $33,460.
    - An 02 T/A (closest to an 03) had an MSRP of $28,025. The WS6 option pushed the MSRP north of $30k. Fully equipped versions were easily $32k+.
    - Certainly something like a stripper Z28 could be had for far less (and easily the best 'bang for the buck' in that era).

The average retail for a used 03 Cobra is currently ~$20,500.
    The average retail for a used 02 T/A is currently ~$13,000, and for a no-option 98 Z28 (the cheapest of the LS1s) ~$6,200

Gee, I wonder why that is?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Very well if you want to buy an ls1 and do a few mods to catch up to a STOCK cobra.
    You can also get an 03-04 cobra and spend a few hundred bucks in pullies and gain what 100 more hp? So you think the LS1 with a few mods can easily gain that much?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information