Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

mustang gt owned

This is a discussion on mustang gt owned within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; and keep an eye in the 'for sale' section... i've got a closet of f-bod stuff i will be offering ...

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

and keep an eye in the 'for sale' section... i've got a closet of f-bod stuff i will be offering to the guys/gals here before ebay!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    didn't read all the in-between pages...but thought i'd post up since i'm in an interesting position here...traded the 02 ws.6 in the avatar there for an 08 GT/CS Wed. night. T/A has 90,000 miles and has been very expensive to maintain. I've spent $2000 so far this year, and was still having annoying transmission problems. This is my first Ford, and never imagined i'd even look at a 'stang. But at this point, I was ready for a brand new car--think about your options.... So i decided to drive one, and commented to the salesman that i didn't like how all the stangs look alike and blend in with every other one rolling down the road. he showed me a blue 'california special' and it looks great from the outside. Inside it has all kinds of goodies that impressed me--in dash cd changer, 2 tone leather, nice accents that don't look cheap like t/a interior, down to heated seats haha.. Nice quiet ride with windows up, no rattles and nice exhaust tone with them down. I'm transferring my stereo in this week and will have nice sounds. Said all this to say--i grew up wanting a trans am; watching smokey/bandit and knight rider. I was thrilled to buy mine 3 years ago and loved it the whole time. If they were still made I would have prolly never even looked at a mustang. But their not. And i've found the mustang to be a great value, blending the civil interior, ride, and cool options unavailable on our ls1s with enough power to be fun. So it may not win at the dragstrip; who cares? Some of you may, but not a majority. I used to be caught up in that--and now i look back and realize i didn't take my ta to the strip even once..so it doesn't matter. I have a much nicer all-round car for me now. it's an M5 and is a blast to drive. And a punk in a 350Z started talking trash the other night and i stomped him twice on the next 2 lights so i still have my dignity... I love the f-bods and will hopefully have one again; when i have money to keep a 'toy' and a DD. For a reliable car, the stang seems like a great value to me. And i didn't transform into an ignorant ass when i bought it either Peace!

glad you got a nice car... but i think i wouda waited for the new camaro.. even the v6 is like close to 300 hp.. woulda give a new gt a run for its money.. (from what i have heard)... but idk

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Actually I think the T-45 could only work with the 4V 4.6s
    That is incorrect. The T45 came in both 2V GTs and 4V Cobras from 96 to part of 01 (all 01 Cobras have 3650s, while some GTs had the T45).

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    glad you got a nice car... but i think i wouda waited for the new camaro.. even the v6 is like close to 300 hp.. woulda give a new gt a run for its money.. (from what i have heard)... but idk
    thats debatable. the new camaro is more likely going to be heavier (judging by the G8/other Zeta platform cars) and will most likely make less tq as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    That is incorrect. The T45 came in both 2V GTs and 4V Cobras from 96 to part of 01 (all 01 Cobras have 3650s, while some GTs had the T45).
    The GT's switched to the t3650 in March/February of 01. Just to be exact .

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i was reffering to the newer model gt's feeling quick 99+. what gears do they run? i had 2 owners tell me 3.73 but maybe they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    thats debatable. the new camaro is more likely going to be heavier (judging by the G8/other Zeta platform cars) and will most likely make less tq as well.
    i didnt say would beat it.. i said would give it a run.. and thats a sixer.. go to the z28 has like 410hp.... thats just my opinion... 300 hp out of a sixer.. and it can be that much heavier..

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

i believe my new mustang has 3.55 gears, per salesman, but i don't know for sure. Wasn't a selling point...

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

ok...after a 'google' search i find on another forum that auto's have 3.31 and manuals have 3.55. anyone verify?

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i gotcha thanks.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

didn't read all the in-between pages...but thought i'd post up since i'm in an interesting position here...traded the 02 ws.6 in the avatar there for an 08 GT/CS Wed. night. T/A has 90,000 miles and has been very expensive to maintain. I've spent $2000 so far this year, and was still having annoying transmission problems. This is my first Ford, and never imagined i'd even look at a 'stang. But at this point, I was ready for a brand new car--think about your options.... So i decided to drive one, and commented to the salesman that i didn't like how all the stangs look alike and blend in with every other one rolling down the road. he showed me a blue 'california special' and it looks great from the outside. Inside it has all kinds of goodies that impressed me--in dash cd changer, 2 tone leather, nice accents that don't look cheap like t/a interior, down to heated seats haha.. Nice quiet ride with windows up, no rattles and nice exhaust tone with them down. I'm transferring my stereo in this week and will have nice sounds. Said all this to say--i grew up wanting a trans am; watching smokey/bandit and knight rider. I was thrilled to buy mine 3 years ago and loved it the whole time. If they were still made I would have prolly never even looked at a mustang. But their not. And i've found the mustang to be a great value, blending the civil interior, ride, and cool options unavailable on our ls1s with enough power to be fun. So it may not win at the dragstrip; who cares? Some of you may, but not a majority. I used to be caught up in that--and now i look back and realize i didn't take my ta to the strip even once..so it doesn't matter. I have a much nicer all-round car for me now. it's an M5 and is a blast to drive. And a punk in a 350Z started talking trash the other night and i stomped him twice on the next 2 lights so i still have my dignity... I love the f-bods and will hopefully have one again; when i have money to keep a 'toy' and a DD. For a reliable car, the stang seems like a great value to me. And i didn't transform into an ignorant ass when i bought it either Peace!

Nice quote. Nothing to be afraid of, it is a nice car over all. Good luck with it man. If I was in your shoes I would probably would of done the same trade.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Bob, I didn't go look it up, but I'm fairly confident that they didn't start putting 3.27s into the GTs until '99. I'm just about 100% sure they didn't put them into the GTs in 94-98. They still came with 2.73s, I believe. I remember that the Cobras were coming with 3.27s for a while before they went to 3.55s in the '03.

Also, you just can't win with some of these guys... Dang, first they tell you that running 11s in a 302 n/a fox is impossible, and then when you show them how you did it, they tell you that it's not impressive. Oh well.

Chris

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I believe 3.27s started with the 4.6 Modular, but I couldn't find it for sure, so no big deal either way.

And no worries on what someone else might think.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Bob, I didn't go look it up, but I'm fairly confident that they didn't start putting 3.27s into the GTs until '99. I'm just about 100% sure they didn't put them into the GTs in 94-98. They still came with 2.73s, I believe. I remember that the Cobras were coming with 3.27s for a while before they went to 3.55s in the '03.

Also, you just can't win with some of these guys... Dang, first they tell you that running 11s in a 302 n/a fox is impossible, and then when you show them how you did it, they tell you that it's not impressive. Oh well.

Chris
    didn't you say you had a 1200 rwhp fox?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post

Chris
    dont worry i believe in you fox guys hehe

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Thats cool and everything but its sad you had to trade in your last of the breed for a car that you see on almost every street corner every 5 minutes.but if your happy w/ it thats all that counts!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    Thats cool and everything but its sad you had to trade in your last of the breed for a car that you see on almost every street corner every 5 minutes.but if your happy w/ it thats all that counts!
    +1.......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    +1.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

yeah congratulations on buying a car that is brand new and has less power than your almost 10 year old ws6. i'd love to know what the resale on it will be 10 years from now.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

as for t/a having cheap interior thats b/s. i rode in a gt and the whole ride feels cheap, and you feel cramped up. plus your comparing interior features of today to an almost 10 year old car? these cars were built for performance and if your main concern is all the bells and whistles then you need to be in the market for a luxury sedan. i had a 2000 bonneville ssei that had more bells and whistles than a mustang and could keep up with one (early 2000's) on the hwy. pretty good.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information