67 Tempest, click the pic mullenh's Avatar

click avatar
    1967 pontiac

most just want to look

My car (LS1 conversion) has only been on the road for a month now and I only drive it a couple days a week (weekends mostly). I have owned a lot of cars (I am older than the car too). This car gets more attention than any car I have ever had. The other day I left the store in the rain got in the car and this 60+ year old black woman gets out of her lexus R something in the rain, she starts walking toward me as I start the engine. She wants to talk to me and I rolled down the window (in the friggin rain!) and says 'you got something there you know that' i said 'yes mam it was a lot of work though' then she says 'and it sounds good too, you take care of that car' I said yes mam and roll my window up. But for this section on kill post.
    It is bizzar what cars want to race.. mustang, ricers, the new dodge truck that looks like a super bee, even hopped up small trucks with a small v8 so far I have never lost and most of the time win too easy.
    My car is set up for the street and the 1/8 mile. I even governed the speed to 105 in the computer (it a convertible how fast do you want to go? plus I have a 19 year old son)
    My shop mechanic says I am cheating with false advertising because the fender still has the 326 emblem on it. He says I need to change it to LS1. Recently I had to put hood pins on it (it popped twice during hard accerleration but fortunately the latch caught) and the number of challenges has dropped dramatically.

Click the avatar and look at sig for mods.
    Last edited by mullenh; 02-04-2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: ad

Pewter
    02 Z28

sweet tempest, it has to be bada$$ driving around in that thing
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mullenh View Post
    Click the avatar and look at sig for mods...
    Sweet ride, and welcome!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

This kid I know has an older Tempest like yours. The high mileage, original motor in his doesn't do him much justice when facing those other cars. I bet if I showed him this thread he might wanna go for the swap like you did. Thanks, on both our ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Sweet ride, and welcome!
    whats up,
    also in nj (metuchen) was wondering who did your work and tuned it. i am in need of a good tune.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677
    whats up, also in nj (metuchen) was wondering who did your work and tuned it. i am in need of a good tune.
    Hey Stoney, how are you? I'm really glad to see so many New Jersian's starting to join this website...

I do all of my own installations, as well as my own tuning. I'm real excited about my '89 project, been sanding away at the engine bay all weekend long. I'm hoping to have a 454 Motown SBC installed in it by April, along with a Gale Banks Twin Turbo kit (shooting for 1000, and then some, streetable horsepower)...

What are your mods...?

Hey Stoney, how are you? I'm really glad to see so many New Jersian's starting to join this website...

I do all of my own installations, as well as my own tuning. I'm real excited about my '89 project, been sanding away at the engine bay all weekend long. I'm hoping to have a 454 Motown SBC installed in it by April, along with a Gale Banks Twin Turbo kit (shooting for 1000, and then some, streetable horsepower)...

What are your mods...?
    ported heads 242 cam longtube hookers borla exhaust suspect tuning
    441RWHP no pics yet workin on it

great job man! that thing looks amazing and must haul some ass!

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677
    ported heads 242 cam longtube hookers borla exhaust suspect tuning
    441RWHP no pics yet workin on it
    Stock MAF, stock intake, and stock throttle body? If I were to ever recommend someone to dyno tune your car, it would be the vette doctors , without a doubt. Carmen wouldn't let your car leave the office until he's satisfied he pulled every last possible pony out of it...

Otherwise, I'd do it myself...

Stock MAF, stock intake, and stock throttle body? If I were to ever recommend someone to dyno tune your car, it would be the vette doctors , without a doubt. Carmen wouldn't let your car leave the office until he's satisfied he pulled every last possible pony out of it...

Otherwise, I'd do it myself...
    new lid stock maf ported TB car has been tuned just dont think to its potential plus the idle is a little rough thanx for the tip though i may contact them. do u do custom tuning (ur alot closer then they r)

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677 View Post
    new lid, stock maf, ported TB. car has been tuned just dont think to its potential plus the idle is a little rough thanx for the tip though i may contact them. do u do custom tuning (ur alot closer then they r)
    Been tuning since I was a kid, ever since the good ole Tuned Port Injection days. Do it as a hobby now more than anything, whenever work permits me the time to do so, that is. Let me know ahead of time the next weekend your in my area. PM me in advance, this way I'll know if I'm free or not. This past weekend would have been ideal, as I was working on my '89...

Been tuning since I was a kid, ever since the good ole Tuned Port Injection days. Do it as a hobby now more than anything, whenever work permits me the time to do so, that is. Let me know ahead of time the next weekend your in my area. PM me in advance, this way I'll know if I'm free or not. This past weekend would have been ideal, as I was working on my '89...
    sounds good. my name is dave by the way. maybe you can just listen and give me your opinions. like to see your rides anyway

67 Tempest, click the pic mullenh's Avatar

click avatar
    1967 pontiac

went to the track today 1/8th mile. A couple of friends went too, on ebrought his brand new 2006 m6 vette. He told me if i beat him he was going to ram me at the end of the track. First run we did not get matched up thank god. I gave it about 1/2 throttle...My 60 ft was a 2.77! smoked one tire 3/4 of the way down the track, I was thinking WTF (posi problem?). The track was slick maybe or i rolled through some thing or anyway lets say driver error. He runs a 8.60 something at 85 mph. I go to the pit and change airpressure from 32 to 22 in my 235/70/15 (vs his 285/40/17) Next time up we are matched up and I ease into the gas and run a 8.36 at 84mph. we race again and this time i have a passenger and we still win 8.48 at 83 mph

Thread Information