Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

More kills, 04Cobra, SRT4

This is a discussion on More kills, 04Cobra, SRT4 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Cali Night Stalker Where the F*ck did all these Cobra people cum from i thot this was ...

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Night Stalker View Post
    Where the F*ck did all these Cobra people cum from i thot this was a LS1 website? Is this now a debate between Ford and GM r u serious?! They always bin a step behind!! Compare the 02 WS6 vs 02 Cobra oh wait they didnt have one. They had to figure out how to compete with the LS1 and they couldnt do it all Motor so they had to add a WHAT SUPERCHARGER please GM=better,stronger motors
    you sound pretty confident, you wanna run em
    Last edited by mike302; 06-29-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Black
    2002 WS6

Shur i get my car back in Sept. just dropped it off yesterday gettin it detailed!!

Black
    03 Cobra

Shur i get my car back in Sept. just dropped it off yesterday gettin it detailed!!
    alright

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Yes, heat soak.
    The thing about the heat soak is true. Cobras are super sensitive to how hot the engine is. I know a guy with an 04 that goes to the races alot. I've raced him more times than I can count and every time we go after he has ran a few times its pretty much a driver's race, but if we go after his car has had time to cool down, he blows me away everytime...not even close at all.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i haven't come across a cobra since i did my cam/headers but i damn sure can't wait to try one. there are a few other special edition mustangs running around i'd like to get a hold of too.

Black
    03 Cobra

yea the reason why heat soak happens even more is because the actual intercooler is under the S/C, which sucks

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    you sound pretty confident, you wanna run em
    i would love to run you and i'm more confident about mine. i'm just getting started with my mods.
    Last edited by 2-bowties&abird; 06-30-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    i would love to run you and i'm more confident about mine. i'm just getting started with my mods.
    damn I wish you were near by

I think the LS1 is a well build car cuz even tho it may be a bit slower stock motor than the Cobra they need a supercharger to compete with us!! LS1 supercharged vs Cobra supercharged?? You get the picture!

+1

Cobras owners think they are the shit because they can slap on a pulley...wow impressive.

FI Cobra < FI LS1

Last edited by Z28_06374; 07-02-2008 at 02:11 PM.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Ok, I am going to try to end this. Lets see how this goes. You are comparing a Forced Induction vs. N/A. What do you think is going to win. Yes the LS1 is more cubes. But it isn't enough cubes to over compansate for the S/C. Ford acually knew what they were doing with the Cobra (for once). The Cobra is a great car, I would certainly drive one. But the LS1 has much more potential. People with aftermarket S/C on their Cobras, plus the Cobra being much more expensive to get your hands on it, equals disaster. For the heavily modded Cobra owners, think about the money that is dumped into the Cobra. Right away, its just a little bit to make crazy power. But then as diff S/C come into play and such, it is all out the window. For the price of a Cobra, and to HEAVILY MOD it, I could buy a LS1 with crazy high miles. Build a 383 TT setup and it is out the window for Ford. More Cubes, equals more power ALL THE TIME. No replacement for displacment. Either way, both are better then rice. Either way, both are awesome cars. Either way, both can be super crazy. And just for the Cobra owners to note. Fastest CAM ONLY INTERNAL MOD F-Body runs low 10's. Its just how much you want to pay. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG
    383... just go up to 408 and it would still be under what you would pay to get ahold of a termi. you would get close to a higher mileage termi if you slapped an fi kit on the 408

Black
    03 Cobra

[QUOTE=Z28_06374;1539488]+1

Cobras owners think they are the shit because they can slap on a pulley...wow impressive.

FI Cobra < FI LS1

well that white camaro is bad ass! but it did have a built engine and the cobra was in stock longblock, which can hold up some good power but not that kind of power for so long due to those shitty pistons the rest of the internals are good! that guys engine was probably not running as healthy as it should??? may be???

For the first vid that cobra could've been stock???

It's all true in racing there is no saying may be the ar doesn't have traction, bad clutch, cylinders lost compression, miss shift, etc???

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

I personally respect termi's why cause they are fast and american made! Yes I dislike ford but if I could find a good deal on a termi I would buy one. As far as chevy putting on supercharger on the ls1 they made up for it with the ls7. So not needed to beat a termi if thats all your after. There is just no sense argueing about it over and over not many people admit to losing to them. I have lost to one had full exhaust,cai,pulley, and tune. Took him from the start but that was, it of course I was close to stock then. Would love to race him again for fun. Alot more mods since then.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Met a guy at the track the night I ran with an 03 Termy, running 12.2's all night, and he said that was shitty for him. Said his best run is 12.02, and he has pullies, exhaust, he said headers so I assume lt's, cai, drs, gears (4.10 I believe), and a tune. Still, with bolt ons and a tune an m6 ls1 should run what, mid 12's...?

Not saying you didn't, actually I'm glad to hear this as I would love to race one from a roll
    Last week at the track the best time I seen from two termis was 12.7 and 12.9. I was running consistent 12.3..... anything is possible.

10's N/A

[QUOTE=mike302;1539553]
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_06374 View Post
    +1

FI Cobra < FI LS1

well that white camaro is bad ass! but it did have a built engine and the cobra was in stock longblock, which can hold up some good power but not that kind of power for so long due to those shitty pistons the rest of the internals are good! that guys engine was probably not running as healthy as it should??? may be???

For the first vid that cobra could've been stock???

It's all true in racing there is no saying may be the ar doesn't have traction, bad clutch, cylinders lost compression, miss shift, etc???
    I've seen several Cobra's pushing over 800rwhp on the stock short block. They can handle it. Here's an example of a termi w/ that kind of power on the stock motor... getting raped by a F.I. LS1.

Black
    03 Cobra

[QUOTE=N20LT4;1539732]
    Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post

I've seen several Cobra's pushing over 800rwhp on the stock short block. They can handle it. Here's an example of a termi w/ that kind of power on the stock motor... getting raped by a F.I. LS1.

thats the same vid we are talking about

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

sigh, why do the cobra vs LS1 threads go so far.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    sigh, why do the cobra vs LS1 threads go so far.
    Beacuse its the best of the two american powerhouses.

Ford vs. Gm does it get any better???

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

ass vs titties

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    ass vs titties
    That's a whole nother forum.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information