Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Talking MmM Got some Srt-4

Saturday night on French Rd was pretty nice. Saw a viper race some muscle car.. Camaro race a stang.. TA race a stang..Stang vs lightning..SS Blazer(had to be modded) race Stang & Lightning.. Basicly a lot of races back to back. I was told the night before a Ls1 TA was giving a Srt-10 viper a hard time wish i coulda saw that one..
    Anywho i got to run a Srt-4 a few times that night. I COULDNT GET OFF THE LINE RIGHT but boy that Ls1 sure is a top end monster I spint the first race so he got me off the line but i pulled him in slowly and got by him in 4th by only a bumper that thing was FAST but my clutch game is phenominal. anyway we ran again and he got me off the line again but in the end same results. It wasn't stock no way I don't think a Srt-4 can run like that stock because all through the race we were right next to each other except off the line and at the end and only seperated by half a car to a bumper.

I raced a Lt1 firebird that night that wanted his rematch..
    He got me off the line too but I was just too much for him i'm not going to even elaborate on it. I raced him a 2nd time that night and spun hard and my car got sideways and he got about a car and a half on me. But I chased because I knew his car and mine and passed him coming out of 3rd into 4th.

That Neon was fast though I couldn't belive it. It gave me my best run ever besides that Ls1 Camaro SS.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Those srt4's have GOOD top end. Alot better than alot of imports out there. I know that stock for stock they are suppost to be faster than a evo or sti. Lets say from 75-100mph a bit faster.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i didnt know that

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver View Post
    Those srt4's have GOOD top end. Alot better than alot of imports out there. I know that stock for stock they are suppost to be faster than a evo or sti. Lets say from 75-100mph a bit faster.
    But of course 0-100mph is a whole different story.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

SRT-4s from a roll car crazy fast.

white
    1998 z28 vert

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    yeah i hear that ls1's aren't to bad from a roll either

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

you automatically think a car like a camaro with a big motor and such would be fast. The SRT-4 doesnt look the part, but they are very fast.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

you automatically think a car like a camaro with a big motor and such would be fast. The SRT-4 doesnt look the part, but they are very fast.
    I wouldn't say 14.2@100 MPH is "very fast" by any means...

They can be made pretty damn fast with mods, still can't say I would want to own one though.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Yea we are good top end. Stock Ls1 has better top end than srt-4 does stock IMO. From a 40 is generaly our sweet spot. Good kills!!! Your car stock???

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

i was enrolled in wyotech and met a dude w/srt-4, modded intake and exhaust,and some computer gadgets...we raced from a roll when i was boltons and 410 gears....id say from what i could see in my rearview that once we hit it from a 20mph roll in 2nd instantly jumped a car length and from 1st gear was more like instantly 2 cars...but id have to say once he got with it it looked smooth..

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

ya im pretty much stock.. just exhaust ..
    but if srt-4's have "GOOD top end" then LS1's have GREAT top end because it's my top end that won the races for me
    That car couldn't have been a bone stock Srt-4 because I test drove one before I got my car and it isn't as fast. I'm not saying their not fast i'm just saying test driving the Srt-4 and the Trans Am (then buying it) I know from experience with both cars it's not as fast and bone stock he wouldn't have ran with me like he did. So he must have been moded or been stage 2 at least

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Im sure he had some mods(exhaust, computer, wastegate) Bout 90% of Srt-4 owners mod their cars.

I've run three SRT-4s. One was modded (not sure what) the other two were stage2 and each time I got them off the line and held them back at least 1 full length in each race.

I'll say that SRT-4s are fast and definitely do have "good top end" otherwise no one would be posting a kill about them....I mean, I don't see SS owners bragging about killing a Hyundai Tiburon - lol and trying to compare an SRT-4 to that crap is no contest.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Hopefully when mine comes back from the dealer all my stuff will be in..........im pushing for 12.8s in a mith!!!

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    srt-4s- evos- stis are little fast cars.. but if you say powerful cars.. that is not right stock for stock!! the only reasion stock for stock those cars are giving good runs to LS1s or stangs is they are very light like stock srt-4 is around 2900 lbs.. evo and stis are AWD.. these are making those cars fast..

i love how those evos look.. i met an evo driver at track, and he was the coolest guy ever and so is an srt-4 driver!! they will gget my thumbs on the street..

Stock, I'll agree to a point. The EVO FQ400 is pretty powerful - stock - its just their not sold in the US:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/lancer_fq400.asp

Maybe its just me, but anything stock with 400hp@6800 and 355lbtq@5000 is powerful - even if its a truck.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tmarr11 View Post
    Stock, I'll agree to a point. The EVO FQ400 is pretty powerful - stock - its just their not sold in the US:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/lancer_fq400.asp

Maybe its just me, but anything stock with 400hp@6800 and 355lbtq@5000 is powerful - even if its a truck.
    Too bad the car is very impracticle and miserable to drive at anything other than 10/10ths. Its got a massive turning circle, horrible turbo lag, and is extremely expensive to maintain.

Check out the Top Gear video on it:

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

That WAS the only good thing about my car was the lag(Had None!!)lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Too bad the car is very impracticle and miserable to drive at anything other than 10/10ths. Its got a massive turning circle, horrible turbo lag, and is extremely expensive to maintain.

Check out the Top Gear video on it:
    I've got no problem with the lag, the expense, the massive turning circle - I have an extended cab P/U with an LS1 engine conversion in it

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Are you on crack? What is crazy fast to you? I havent had one even remotely close to me modded or not.

Granted Ive never raced a SUPER heavily modded one

Thread Information