Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Mercedes CLK550 kill

Interesting dream I had involving fictional characters and make believe street racing....

After a week or two without finding a good race, I finally had a good little run yesterday.

Sitting at the stoplight on a 4 lane road, a middle aged guy pulls up beside me in his (very new looking) CLK550 convertible. Sharp looking car. At the time, I couldn't really tell what I was getting into because I'm far from being able to distinguish one Mercedes convertible from another (without seeing the rear end). The one thing that I was perfectly aware of is that the right lane the guy was sitting in ends in about 400 yards.

The light turned green and I was slow to respond. Never fear, our friend in his Mercedes took off light a bolt of lightening. I immediately got to see his rear (great time to identify the car as a CLK550) and I pressed into the throttle. I was surprised that I was able to control the wheelspin pretty well up until I hit WOT around 4,000 rpm. By the top of first, I'd stopped his pull and gained a bit of ground when I banged second (despite the fact that the shift was followed abruptly by more wheelspin). I ran hard through second and we were dead even and I started pulling well by the time I shifted into 3rd. I tached up through most of third and put a little more space on him and we both shut it down (because he had to merge over to the left lane and didn't stand a chance of getting in front of me even with a fly by and I wasn't particularly interested in blasting down the road at a higher speed).

All in all it was a pretty nice kill. I suspect my friend in his sharp looking $64K ride thought he wouldn't have any trouble pulling by a $18K domestic sports car! He was sadly mistaken. I can only imagine what was going through his mind when I was screaming through at WOT with the cutout open.....probably thinking about what a nightmare our cars are from an emissions standpoint! HAHA! I came home and pulled up the specs on the CLK550.....not too shabby!

MSRP$64,025*
    Engine5.5L 32-valve V-8 engine
    Net power382 hp @ 6,000 rpm
    Net torque391 lb-ft @ 2,800 - 4,800 rpm
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

HA, typicall german car owner. CLK's aint that bad, its those fucking SL's and S class u gotta watch out for

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Very true.....an SL63 would've likely resulted in a different outcome! HAHA!

Thread Information