Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Me vs (raping a) MkIV Supra

I'm guessing it was not a turbo car or dude really needs the driver mod.

Anyway, I drove the Z to work today (usually I drive the 89 RS) and I ended up leaving work late. On the way home a guy in the aformentioned Supra (don't know what year but I know it was a Mk IV because of the wing) replete with large diameter exhaust pipe runs around traffic (very lite traffic) to get up along side of me. I'm pretty sure he did this because he heard my car's exhaust note (it isn't what you'd call quiet). Just because of this (I saw him coming up in traffic in the mirror) I decided not to turn off on my street as we were both 1st at the light. We slowly roll thru the intersection and then he floors it. I caught him (I was maybe a fender behind), passed him and then proceed to put bus lengths on him (maybe 15-70mph or so). As I turned off at the next turn out (I made a U-turn to go back to my street) he honks and waves out the window.

FYI, car has LT's TD's dumped at the axle, !cats, Volant CAI & 3.73 gears.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Nice kill man

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

good kill i would guess it was a NA car also

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Nice kill man... now go hunt for a single turbo'd Supra.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Nice kill man... now go hunt for a single turbo'd Supra.
    POSes, I can take them with a stock LT1
    (first gen single turbos hehe, havent raced a newer one yet)

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

FYI... Stock Twin Turbo Supras...or ones with Exhaust...aren't at all that fast... specially the auto ones... a buddy of mine has one... MKIV... has Exhaust and bigger intercooler pipes (stock intercooler) and BOV (not related to power making)... and he barely put a bumper on me when my car was STOCK... (automatic 323)

I'm sure with a Tune...I'd be able to put a car on him...even though... I don't know what would happen past 100mph...seeing as they are in the sense of the word... Highway Queens...

So yeah, nice kill and well... it could've been TT... just as long as it didn't have a Boost Controler... you could have beaten him down low...

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

FYI: A single huge turbo Supra usually makes a ton of power compared to two smaller turbo's. Not alotta room under the hood, so you can't really do two giant turbo's. I could be wrong tho, just callin it like I see it...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    FYI: A single huge turbo Supra usually makes a ton of power compared to two smaller turbo's. Not alotta room under the hood, so you can't really do two giant turbo's. I could be wrong tho, just callin it like I see it...
    yeah, those things are stupid... Tone of power... all above 5,000rpms... nothing down low...and no grip till at least 100mph... hehe... I know a few dudes with that type of Supra... they are sick... but just not my kinda car...

Coming this summer... my bud graduates and starts modding his Poopra... probably in 2 years he'll have it Single Turbo and 6-speed... so... we'll see how that goes...

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    yeah, those things are stupid... Tone of power... all above 5,000rpms... nothing down low...and no grip till at least 100mph... hehe... I know a few dudes with that type of Supra... they are sick... but just not my kinda car...

Coming this summer... my bud graduates and starts modding his Poopra... probably in 2 years he'll have it Single Turbo and 6-speed... so... we'll see how that goes...
    That depends on the turbo. Apparently you havent run into a Supra with a small or medium sized after market turbo. I had a 63mm turbo that hit full boost before the stock twins and made 636rwhp and 599 tq. It all depends on how the car is setup.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by FEARSM View Post
    That depends on the turbo. Apparently you havent run into a Supra with a small or medium sized after market turbo. I had a 63mm turbo that hit full boost before the stock twins and made 636rwhp and 599 tq. It all depends on how the car is setup.
    I think that's just about the same set up of... the fastest one in PR...(in the track)... which has run 9.5@148 or something like that... Auto... Small-ish turbo... and Nitrous... I love the Blow off as it passes the line at nearly 150mph...

But mostly...the guys who only run Street get big ass turbos...that don't make any boost till like 5,000rpms... and such... I guess they just want the bragging rights of saying..."I'm pushing 1000whp"...

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

I think that's just about the same set up of... the fastest one in PR...(in the track)... which has run 9.5@148 or something like that... Auto... Small-ish turbo... and Nitrous... I love the Blow off as it passes the line at nearly 150mph...

But mostly...the guys who only run Street get big ass turbos...that don't make any boost till like 5,000rpms... and such... I guess they just want the bragging rights of saying..."I'm pushing 1000whp"...
    ya and a lot of it is not really usable like i respect them but those big number setups are not the best way to go.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    ya and a lot of it is not really usable like i respect them but those big number setups are not the best way to go.
    +1

Exactly. They are completely worthless, hence the reason Supras hold the title as the biggest dyno queens in the world.

Anyone can take a built motor and put TONS of boost with a massive turbo to put down big numbers. The part that matters though is if you can actually use that power.

hawjdude
    the respect that lies with the supra is in the durability of the engine and tranny/drivetrain. any built motor can handle lots of boost, the stock supra engine/drivetrain can handle 800-900whp easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    +1

Exactly. They are completely worthless, hence the reason Supras hold the title as the biggest dyno queens in the world.

Anyone can take a built motor and put TONS of boost with a massive turbo to put down big numbers. The part that matters though is if you can actually use that power.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by hawjdude View Post
    the respect that lies with the supra is in the durability of the engine and tranny/drivetrain. any built motor can handle lots of boost, the stock supra engine/drivetrain can handle 800-900whp easily.
    everything exept for the Automatic, that will only hold about 600whp... and even the Manual...will definetly need a high performance Clutch...

but yeah... it's all pretty strong regardless..

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

Im a fan of the supra, Ryan Woons and Cody Phillips WOTM Supras plus Smokey Nagata's Top Secret supra's, but if you have a NA to turbo setup its good but not great compared to a TT to Single turbo Set-up. but ive seen a supra with just a powerhouse stage 5 turbo system with tune crank out 800+hp on stock internals teh 2JZGTE is a great motor. with lots of potential. The Trans am and the supra are both my top 2 favorite cars, i love the sounds of a roaring V8 that will give you a headache and rattle your house, but i also love the sounds of a Garrett T-76 or T88 turbo spooling with that HKS SSBOV...but both are indeed my favorite cars.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by hawjdude View Post
    Sure it will...but for how long?? Not very. Its a 3.0 Straight 6, its not going to reliably hold 900WHP for any significant duration of time. And the same goes for the 6 speed. If the trans is anything like any of Toyotas other transmissions, its complete garbage.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Sure it will...but for how long?? Not very. Its a 3.0 Straight 6, its not going to reliably hold 900WHP for any significant duration of time. And the same goes for the 6 speed. If the trans is anything like any of Toyotas other transmissions, its complete garbage.
    it's a GETRAG Trans... same make as the Vett's Rear End... and it's aparently very strong...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

good kill

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

it's a GETRAG Trans... same make as the Vett's Rear End... and it's aparently very strong...
    So its German?? Interesting. Well that would explain why it holds the power, its not Japanese.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

So its German?? Interesting. Well that would explain why it holds the power, its not Japanese.
    LOL... you know, I sometimes wonder, what happened to you... to make you hate Japanese Cars/Ricers... so much... because... I think if you where allowed to... you'd go... Hitler on Ricers...

Thread Information