Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Me VS Lightly modded C6 Z06

This is a discussion on Me VS Lightly modded C6 Z06 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Does the A/C work? Does it have a warranty? Can you get it inspected? Will it blow the doors off ...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Does the A/C work?

Does it have a warranty?

Can you get it inspected?

Will it blow the doors off Porsches and Ferrari's on a circuit course?

Will it last 10 laps before the engine pops?

Hmmm....

Red
    06 GTO

stock vs modded i think ill take the new Z06
    97 t/a
    Magnaflow catback, K&N FIPK, chrome 17x9.5 zr1's, 3.42 gears, full pioneer sound system

cavpat; 100 the first race, he wanted to go AGAIN for another $100? LMFAO
    What do you tell a ricer that's out $200?
    ...Nothin, you done told him twice! LOL

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    This is your God LOL;

Street Legal LS2

Really? I heard nice music and saw some smoke come out of the tail. I was waiting for something interesting to happen. Lame.

2009 Corvette ZO6

First off, I posted that link to be cute (hence the "LOL" next to it). But, since you're challenging me, I'll gladly comply....

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Does the A/C work?
    Yes!

Does it have a warranty?
    Through the vette doctors themselves, in which racers value MORE than " Global General Motors"...

Can you get it inspected?
    As aready mentioned, it's street legal, and it is inspected, and can get inspected....

Will it blow the doors off Porsches and Ferrari's on a circuit course?
    Are you kidding me? You need to ask that? That's got the STOCK IRS on there buddy, as well as gearing, so YES, it will annihilate all competition....

Will it last 10 laps before the engine pops?[/b][/i]
    LMAO, umm yes, it has since been driven daily, and why would the engine pop? Know much about engine building, or is that post count a little misleading....?

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    Really? I heard nice music and saw some smoke come out of the tail. I was waiting for something interesting to happen. Lame.
    Break 12's there yet Husker?

Red
    06 GTO

wow somebody is getting mad, is it your car?

2009 Corvette ZO6

^ Not getting mad, but calling it lame is wrong, especially if one's own ride is far from it.

To Roastem:

"In response to a lot of questions regarding the drivability of my 8 second Corvette C5 with Independent Rear Suspension and the possibility of driving the car on the street, I took the car on a little trip this past weekend. Since I do own several other cars, I never intended on driving this regularly on the street. But since you asked I thought I would take her out for a spin....

This is exactly the way the car finished its last pass of 8.6 @ 163. Nothing except the removal of the Hooseirs (not street legal) and replacing them with a set of HRE's. On the first try the car fired right up! As you see it idles almost like stock. Overall, the car really shocked the heck out of me....

It is incredibly docile. Shifts nicely and idles in gear real nicely. I drove the car for about 30 minutes and traveled between 10 and 15 miles. The car's water temps ran at about 200 degrees. I caught several traffic lights and the car had absolutely no problem standing there waiting for the green. The trek mostly covered county and state hwy roads with a few neighborhood roads....

I also did the unthinkable. I went to Wawa and filed her up with 93 octane! Yes that's right 93 octane in my 1000RWHP+ 8 sec IRS Corvette. Mind you I never ventured over 10psi of boost but I also never heard a ping and it still blasted down the road. I shot some video of the trip. Remember, this thing can never be considered a commuting vehicle but a night of terrorizing the local street racers is definitely in my future! Thanks to Edgar, Carmen and Richie coming along and helping with the video....

PS. As you will see from the video, I also took the opportunity to pick up a few groceries for the wife while I was out. This was a blast! It will definitely see a lot more street time...."

-BowerBoy @ LS1Tech.com

Red
    06 GTO

well my question is, you said daily driver, and because of that he took it for a spin. Is it really a daily driver?? he acts like that it is never driven on the road?

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by ice97ta
    well my question is...
    ... and here's the answer;

To reiterate, I originally posted that link to be cute. However, that car has already been driven "daily" for quite some time (that's an old video), and holds the stock IRS record. But the real question here is, why would he daily drive that car, for what purpose?

Road course? It'll dominate anything and everything! Quarter mile? It's time's speak for themselves! Daily driving? Heh, the car cost him half the value of a new ZO6 to build, and the other half he saved could be spent on any $40,000.00 car to handle his daily driving....

That being said, I cannot believe that you guys would honestly criticize Bower's car. An eight second, street legal, street friendly car, and you guys honestly find fault with it (in comparison to your LS7-ZO6). You guys are kidding yourselves. I posted on this thread to give my opinion of the new ZO6. Awesome car, but it's not God's gift lol....

Red
    06 GTO

WOOOOO, nobody critized his car, and to say that it would dominate on a road corse is nuts, that much horsepower, if you go around a turn and hit the gas, your done. I never said anything bad about the car, neither did anyone else, only one person said the video was lame. thats it. now back on topic.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I saw a Z06 wit hjust exhaust and slicks do a 10.9, tell me what isnt godly about that.

2009 Corvette ZO6

WOOOOO, nobody critized his car.
    Of course they did...

and to say that it would dominate on a road corse is nuts, that much horsepower,...
    That's what boost contorller's are there for, he'd be a fool to road course at full horsepower. Also, there have been other car's, built in the same exact manner by them, to road course, with unbelievable results....

I agree with you, BOT....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru
    I saw a Z06 wit hjust exhaust and slicks do a 10.9, tell me what isnt godly about that.
    Guru, I never said that the C6-ZO6 is a bad car. I'd love to own one myself. C6-LS2's, with minor work, run the same exact times, for much less. That's Godly, if you ask me....

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Well, on a road course there are many variables that make a car fast. As you well know. It would be hard to control that much power, plus no one has ever said a GTO was the best handling car, regardless of IRS. It isn't made from the factory to be a road course monster, unlike the C6Z.

I would love to have them both, but driving the GTO at the limit would be hair-raising to say the least. And with 1000 rwhp, those with cast-iron balls encased in a forged steel cage need only apply.

And 10 laps, dogging it, 1000 hp engine? Man, you guys must have NASCAR like building skills.

EDIT:

Just noticed it was a Vette. My BAD!

Even then, the Lingenfelter twin turbo gets sideways at 125 mph, with HUGE Michelins, and is hard to drive in a straight line, much less on a road course.

The guy built an 8 sec vette for less than 70K??
    Last edited by Roastem; 05-02-2007 at 09:28 AM.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Roastem, I apologize if I came off sounding negatively. I'd be the first to admit that I get SO TIRED of hearing about C6-ZO6's, that it tends to bother me a bit (can't you tell) lmao....

To the OP - Good death!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I am confused. I couldn't see your vid. Was it a Vette the guy built or a GTO?

8 sec @ 160+, that is insane!

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Break 12's there yet Husker?
    I'll let you know when I do. I wasn't calling the CAR lame. I was calling the video lame. A little more action would have spoke more volumes. Not George Thurogood(sp). How can we be sure it's in the 8s? All I've seen is some smoke and a load of groceries.
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 05-03-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Right but all in all if your gonna build up a car the LS7 has more potential than the ls2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information