Thread: Me and the Goat

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Me and the Goat

i raced an Ls1 GTO last night from 40 mph. I won the first, and lost the second because (not making excuses) i fucked up shifting and pretty much beat on the transmission (which took it like a champ). I like GTOs and considered getting one but decided against it because i figured if i couldnt afford the 6.0 liter then why buy something that aint as sweet as any 98-02 f body. They arent the most stylish as im sure we could all agree. I hate to rag but i have to. The race that was good (not bc i won, but bc i didnt screw up) was between 2 m6 ls1, 2000 v 2004. now if im not mistaken, hp claims were raised on the 4th gen ls1. i dont know if its true. but it seems ridiculous that these 5.7 goats are not quicker. I love them, dont misconstrue, but i pulled on this thing like it was a gt. If i wouldnt have let off at 100 (in a 40mph road) the margin between us would have grown more. I had maybe 2 cars on him at 100 and growing. It was awesome but why didnt he beat me?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

The LS2 GTO's are a little quicker. I raced one at the track, don't know the mods, but he trapped about 93 mph vs. my 97.4 in the 1/8 mile. 93 was a solid trap for that car in the 1/8. Maybe some of our GTO brethren can shine some light on the subject...

Good kill, learn how to shift that thing will ya!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

Secondgearscratch, are you bone stock? Was he bonestock? Those Goats are heavier than our f-body's, so I thought... Maybe his clutch was slippin. Who know's why you beat him so bad. Could have been a number of things.

Junior Member 2001SSCamaro#2516's Avatar

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

I hearded the RWHP ratio is lower on the goats. Like their 400 hp will equal an SS 340 hp at the rear wheels.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Good kill, the ls1 goat are alright but the're pigs. I raced an 04 in my 93 formula and kicked his ass off the line to 65 when i shut down in a little stoplight race. Im sure it was because he didnt get the best launch with the m6, but I was pretty proud of my old a4 formula. And they are no match for a ls1 f bod.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    hmm thought the ls1 gto's were still pretty quick....

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

high 13s low 14s in the 1/4

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSmoky01 View Post
    Secondgearscratch, are you bone stock? Was he bonestock? Those Goats are heavier than our f-body's, so I thought... Maybe his clutch was slippin. Who know's why you beat him so bad. Could have been a number of things.
    bone stock minus an slp lid. Im a decent driver (not good) and only decent because ive ran the shit out of previous cars and learned to drive first on a manual trans. i talked to the guy afterwards, he was cool and had the car about a month and a half. ironically he bought his in kansas to. i dont think his clutch was slipping bc he pulled hard, i guess i just pulled harder.

Pewter
    2000 z28

[QUOTE=
    Good kill, learn how to shift that thing will ya!! [/QUOTE]

Amen to that man. i have this goofy shift knob that came with the car and it looks like a cock, plus its loose and it fucks me up. the throws are pretty long with the stock shifter so im gonna have to get a b&m or something

still no excuse for shitty shifting. thank god the t56 is a damn near bulletproof.
    Last edited by secondgearscratch; 02-28-2007 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    Amen to that man. i have this goofy shift knob that came with the car and it looks like a cock, plus its loose and it fucks me up. the throws are pretty long with the stock shifter so im gonna have to get a b&m or something

still no excuse for shitty shifting. thank god the t56 is a damn near bulletproof.
    You got a dildo for a shift knob?

I don't blame you for not shifting right, hell I wouldn't even touch it! God knows where its been...

As for the T56 being bulletproof, I would have to agree. I "accidentally" put it in first once when going from the 2/3 shift at the track and I heard a loud clunk, so I coasted through the lights. The 2-3 shift is the tricky one to get right repeatedly.

On the return I shifted it easy making sure nothing was broken, then pulled right back up to the line pulled off a perfect pass. Then TWO more. No problems at all from my major fkk up.

Thread Information