Thread: MazdaSpeed6

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

MazdaSpeed6

I was on my way to work today, driving down a 2 lane highway, when this red Mazda6 comes up on my ass. I didn't know it was a Speed6 at that moment. Well, he kept trying to pass me on the right when traffic would allow, but I kept him from doing so by accelerating in 6th () and blocking him. This obviously pissed him off cause he then got right behind me to the point that I lost his headlights.

After a short time, the road opens up and he gets next to me on the right and gives me what he assumed was a nasty, "fuck you" look...I laughed. When he leans back into his chair I notice that he has his gf/wife/f-buddy with him...I'm thinking "awesome I can embarass him in front of her...this will be great!". So he hits it all of a sudden (I definately wasn't ready...I was still in 6th). I quickly shift into 3rd at 60mph and tear after him. By the time I had downshifted he was a car length ahead of me. I quickly close the distance and blow by him doing about 100 (in 4th). I take it to 120 before I shut it down. As I'm slowing down, he pulls up next to me and flips me off without looking at me :lamo:. As a response, I rev it to 4k, shift back into 6th and slowly pull away from him.

I own a MazdaSpeed3 and it is almost compareable to an F-Body...not really, but it can hold it's own. I was surprised at how "slow" the Speed6 was in comparison to the Speed3

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Yeah i looked at buying a speed 6 i wasn't that impressed with them at alll.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Maybe next time you should just let the car who wants to drive faster pass you, you know, how our highway system is supposed to work?

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

yea but thats no fun, besides the guy in the mazda shouldnt be passing in the right lane

my car is a 93 z28 a4 hooker catback, qtp cutout, k&n cai, vortec elbow, high flow cat, tb bypass, tb airfoil, rk sport ss hood

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

You're right, if someone's driving faster than you and there's enough room to pass in the right lane of a 2 lane highway, then you should get over and let them pass on the left.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I don't like people passing me on the right, especially if they have to do something dangerous like fly up on someone in the right lane and slip over infront of me. If I see someone coming up behind me as I'm in the fast lane I will move over if I can but if I see them jump over to the right I will punch it and rip past the blocking car and get over when it's safe to do so. What really pisses me off to no end is when someone successfully gets around me and jumps back to the right lane only to take an exit. Seriously, WTF is that about?

Anway, the Speed6 was weighed down pretty good with all the passengers. I've heard they are decently fast little sedans.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Ah well if he was already driving like a tool...fuck em lol. I think probably the worst for me is these fucking idiots that drive 5 under, then get in the left lane to pass several semis and it takes them 10 minutes to do it, and backs up traffic behind them.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

bumper tag.........................

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by JAGUAR5822 View Post
    Maybe next time you should just let the car who wants to drive faster pass you, you know, how our highway system is supposed to work?
    HAHAHAHA thats so true lol. It seems Here in Ohio especially people have no concept of left lane go faster right lane slower. None the less good kill. I just so happened to run into a roush Stage 2 mustang on saturday going to the OSU game and spanked his ass as bad as OSU spanked YSU at the game lol.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

I hate when people tailgate me in the left lane because i always cruise about 10mph over the limit. If they really piss me off i slow down and cruise next to grandma in the slow lane doing 25 under. Fun stuff.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Good kill lol. I had a serious case of road rage on the way to my parents house today. Speed limit is 45, everyone is doing 50-55ish...Lady in left lane thinks it a good idea to drive 35-40 in the left lane and stay right next to the old ass man with a hat, doing the same speed, in the right lane!!! :Ar: I was stuck behind her (with a line of probably 50 cars behind me) for over 10 miles!!! If I had a gun I think I woulda shot this bitch.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Good kill lol. I had a serious case of road rage on the way to my parents house today. Speed limit is 45, everyone is doing 50-55ish...Lady in left lane thinks it a good idea to drive 35-40 in the left lane and stay right next to the old ass man with a hat, doing the same speed, in the right lane!!! :Ar: I was stuck behind her (with a line of probably 50 cars behind me) for over 10 miles!!! If I had a gun I think I woulda shot this bitch.
    bumper tag.....................

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    Anway, the Speed6 was weighed down pretty good with all the passengers. I've heard they are decently fast little sedans.

All 1 passengers?

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    All 1 passengers?
    Skinny ass chick at that

Thread Information