Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Mach1 Vs Z28 - The Result

so we set the Terms and new what we where gonna do, we had it all planed... both where gonna carry 180lbs Passanger... and we where gonna hit it from a 10mph roll... in a straight that's right here next to my house (my usual race spot)...

The Race

We line up against each other, his passanger counts down to three but he doesn't go so I give him a sign to go...and we both hit it...we both spin pretty bad.... I immedietly jump ahead about half a car...(he seems to continue to spin pretty bad in 2nd...and then later chirps 3rd)...I shift into 3rd (Automatic)... and I'm still ahead... then he goes into 4th (about 110mph)... and starts pullin, catches me... and ends up about half a car ahead of me... and he still can't believe it...(he thought he was gonna get owned)

It was AWSOME, hadn't had that fun of a race in MONTHS... too bad I LOST though... but what can I say... that Mach1 is pretty bad ass...

I'll get him soon enough... hehehe...(M6 Coming soon...fking Automatic piece of.... )

Mach1- Intake, X-pipe (no tune)
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

oh...and... NO THANKS to the VIDEO MAN...who FORGOT TO TAPE IT... using my video PHONE... fk MAN... it would've been perfect...

Like he said Still cant believe, I can say best race ever. I thought I would lose not by much but lose cause those nasty LS1 run hard, And spinning 1-3 pretty much sucks balls.

Hope there a next time with video and i get my terminal fix cause when I was stoping my steering wheel was shaking real bad I almost sh*t my pants.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

it seems like those machs wait till redline to start pulling

2004/2003
    Honda S2000/ Ford Mach 1

They do make good power up top.. I think mine was at almost 6k.. good race, with an m6 it would be a very tough call.. Nice run guys

Red?
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged05 View Post
    They do make good power up top.. I think mine was at almost 6k.. good race, with an m6 it would be a very tough call.. Nice run guys
    Or gears. The way that race panned out, I'd venture to say that he would have definitely widened that half car gap on the Mach, if he had decent gears. The A4 is horrible with 2.73s or 3.23s, especially drops off after the 2-3 shift, unless you have big power. A little more gear changes all that. Swap in a ratio a little deeper and the Z driver would wave bye bye. Good race, though. I'm kind of surprised that someone who posted a question as to who would win a race, actually ran the race. Seems majority of people who ask that question never actually do it. It was refreshing. Good race.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Very nice

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Stalker View Post
    Or gears. The way that race panned out, I'd venture to say that he would have definitely widened that half car gap on the Mach, if he had decent gears. The A4 is horrible with 2.73s or 3.23s, especially drops off after the 2-3 shift, unless you have big power. A little more gear changes all that. Swap in a ratio a little deeper and the Z driver would wave bye bye. Good race, though. I'm kind of surprised that someone who posted a question as to who would win a race, actually ran the race. Seems majority of people who ask that question never actually do it. It was refreshing. Good race.
    I was actually surprised that it happened so soon... as I had figured it be a couple of months till it actually went down... (I have the 3.23's btw)... I HATE that 3rd gear... it's too long and it just falls flat on it's face... I think I'm just gonna try to find me a SS...somewhere... 6-speed... and own his ars then...

oh an... we did the wrough math.... and from 265whp (which he pulled on a DynoJet with 80% humidity)... he probably went up to 280-285whp... even untuned... as per numbers that we found from other dyno runs made by mustangs with similar mods done to them here in Puerto Rico....

I have no doubt in my mind that my car will probably pull 290whp...but his gearing and the 5-speed make a hell of a difrence... fkng Ford did something right...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Good race told you it would be close

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Good race told you it would be close
    very close... I was kinda caught off guard by the top end of that thing... ofcourse it all has to do with gearing...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

dued i have raced alot of mach 1s and they do have power top end, cloest race i ahve had in a few months was with a black mach 1. He had a good amount of bolt ons and i had a passenger in the car but i won by about half a car or so. I pulled 1 car in second, he made up about 2 feet through 3rd and then in 4th up to about 115mph his front bumper stayed at my rear tire. So top end they do have.

About right, me without spray had a Mach 1 on my butt 70 to 125. I gained no ground on him and I'm a M6.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

so am i, they are quick, but then again against the autos or stock m5s, i have pulled 5 cars on those before. The auto version of that car seem to be alot slower.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I still say... I want me a M6... cause it pissed me off...due to the fact that it's not the first time that I'm winning a race only to have the car pass me on the top end 100mph+... and I know I'm not gonna be the best driver until I get the hang of it... but I'm sure it'll still be a vast improvement from here... i'm curently capable of runnin I'd say a good 13.5... with a manual I'd probably be dippin into the high 12's...

problems is finding one...and buying one from E-bay or any other internet place is kinda scary... specially when you think about the fact that I have to add about $3K just on shippin the car over here... ... it'd be sweet to find a low millage SS from 01-02 though... Black with T-tops and charcoal interiors... that would be the Dream Mahine right there...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well if they pass you at 110+ which is what happened here then you win in the quartermile which is where autos shine. So you can beat the mac1 in the 1/4mile lol. If i were to get a SS it would be red, just cause i love red F-bodys

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Well if they pass you at 110+ which is what happened here then you win in the quartermile which is where autos shine. So you can beat the mac1 in the 1/4mile lol. If i were to get a SS it would be red, just cause i love red F-bodys
    yepo...in the quarter I could probably outrun him...but the Automatic has lost it's charm in my book... I might just keep this car and make it a Track only car...and keep the 6 speed as a Daily Driver or um...Street Killer...

I LOVE RED CARS... but I don't know...I like the look of my Black Camaro... it draws less attention from Cops and such... even though it's a bitch to wash...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yes i have been picked on by police, i know what you mean i had a auto f-body aswell. Racing just isnt as fun when you have auto, with stick you challenge yourself everytime you race. At first it was a blast but after a while if you dont continue to mod the car every other week its just the same old thing hit the gas and dont hit anything lol.

Well in the 1/4 mile its all about grip, because as I stated I spin all 1st, almost all second the car was startin to slide 2 one side and 3rd i spin a bit.

dont know how truth is it that Stock mach have gone 13.2, I know i wont do that time BUT eventually who knows lol.

And as for Rikki going 12 high on an M6 Common man you have reel on your auto M6 to much for you , Naaa just messing around he drives good

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I know the 1/4mile has alot to do with traction, i run a 12.8 with street tires in a 340rwhp car, so i know about traction, and i spin a little in first and chirp goin into second and chirp into 3rd, but i never go sideways in second and i have more power than you. Just takes time and practice to get used to controling that.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

The plus side of having dual overhead cams is a big top end. With the small displacement it lacks low end torque, but because it is able to breath so well, it runs big up top.

That race was right on with what I expected. I always go with what I see most commonly, and the M5 Mach 1's are usually right on par with the A4 LS1cars - pretty much identical. An M6 LS1 is a whole different story.

Thread Information