RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

M3's...so nice to roast

Ok, first of all let me say I do like the BMW M3. Infact, I almost bought one before I got my SS. They are nice cars and I respect them. However, it's so nice to roast a car that costs so much money. Anyways, I was crusin down the highway in my supercharged SS with my girlfriend, and my cousin is following me in his supercharged Trans-am. This late 90's M3 pulls up next to me and starts doing the jump ahead of me and then wait thing. The M3 looks stock, and I know I could blow it away so I just leave him go. Then my girlfriend is like "you're just gonna let him get away with that ?" thats when I dropped a gear got up to him and once he took off I left him have it, blew right by him, let him catch up then roasted him again. Haha, it was a nice car but needed some more horsepower, or the driver needed to know what he was going up against. Needless to say the girlfriend was happy. She loves the muscle!

sebring silver
    2000 z28

sounds like you got the righ girl mine is the same way loves muscle... its so nice of them to be supportive

as far as the kill sometimes fancy cars LIKE that do have a lot of power but weight in alot and if there car is rated at 330 hp they look up a camaro and see its rated at 305 what they dont look up is that what these ls1 came really do especiallly with forced induction

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

Yeah those M3's definitely have some power, and are lite. This was like a 98 I don't know what they're rated at ?

sebring silver
    2000 z28

i say that because i looked at the newer cadilllacs and i dont remember which model it was but it had 380 horse and weighed 4300+ lbs ran 14.5 accordin to car and driver

right now mine runs high twelves 12.8 with 305 (dyno) if i had another 75 horse i bet i could get 12.3 or around there

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

I never had mine at the track since I put the vortech charger on. I had a dyno-tune and right now I have 460.8 RWHP. But yeah I know some of these cars are coming through Stock with some horsepower.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

if you go from a dig how bad do you spin and /or what have you done to get traction

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

it doesn't spin to bad with traction control on. With it off thats another story. I went to a pirelli p-zero assimuto tire which gets really good traction compared to the BFG's I had. I'm doing some suspension work and stiffing her up. connectors, control arms, panhard bar, gotta get struts and springs. Right now I have to replace the clutch I still have the stock clutch in and the power slips through the clutch when I'm really on it.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

The 95-99 M3's only had like 250 HP or some crap. The 01-current has 333 HP, and is much faster. Damn dude, a supercharged LS1 vs. a 250 HP M3 is no match at all.

A supercharged E46 M3 (01-07) will give you a much better run.

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

yeah I really had no idea what kind of horsepower those m3's had. Just funny the guy driving it thought he was fast.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

nice kill but be carefull of the amg e55 or amg s65 my boss owns both of then and they would kill you!
    Click for full size

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

Oh yeah I know all about the AMG. My dad's friend is a benz dealer. They are one searious car. I'm hoping someday he can get me a ride in one.

smokin...you're from my area. is your cousins TA red with yellow flames? how much power are you making? nice kill

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

no my cousins TA is Black it's a 97. But I know which TA you're talking about, I went to school with the guy who owns that car. He has a vortech on his as well. I dynoed at 460.8 rwhp. Someday hopefully it will be more. I"m looking into the SLP 402 low compression block.

Silver
    2002 SS

BMW does not offer an M3 for 2007 according to the manager at the local dealer.
    They are supposedly re-tooling for a 400(?) HP Turbocharged V8 in 2008.
    I have been trying to convince my wife that we need one of those next year.

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Hey man I can relate to that good post, I also got a chance to race three of those bad boys (M3) and smoked all three cars 1st race was at a light was'nt
    really in the mod to be fooling around racin but one pulled up at the light(this one had paddle shift on the stiring colum) this M3 was so hot I instantly got excited he got me off the line but going into 2nd gear I pass him up 2cars he gave up. the second one was trying to creep up on me in traffic he made mad so he caught up we slowed down I dropped it two 2nd gear and we went at it had him by three cars and the third one was awesome it was a straight up race at the light we were neck to neck all the way I got him by a nose. I also love racing expensive cars cause most of the drivers dont know how to drive them their just rich dummies that dont know really what they have.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by warpwr View Post
    BMW does not offer an M3 for 2007 according to the manager at the local dealer.
    They are supposedly re-tooling for a 400(?) HP Turbocharged V8 in 2008.
    I have been trying to convince my wife that we need one of those next year.
    OK, 01-06. It should have more than 400 if it is turbocharged too. The N/A I-6 makes 333, one would expect the V-8 to make 400 N/A, and turbocharged should be pushing the 450-500 range.

If they wanted 400HP as their target, why not keep the six and just slap a turbo on it?

NBM
    '00 Z28

maybe they wanted to get more torque.

Thread Information