Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

M3 Beamer ???

This is a discussion on M3 Beamer ??? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by e36m3 If im not mistaken, roof, hood & trunk lid are carbon fiber also, the seats are ...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by e36m3 View Post
    If im not mistaken, roof, hood & trunk lid are carbon fiber also, the seats are not typical either. CSL wheels (competition package for US) are lighter as well.

Im sure there are other items the general public dosen't know about. Unlike the Z06, SS camaro and others, the CSL M3 is not practical as a daily drive.
    There is no A/C or radio and its my understanding it comes stock with slicks.

Just how good is that car? Its still faster around the ring than the new e92 M3. New M3 looks like crap. Not really sure about price,
    I think 55k in euro dollars.

I am PRETTY sure that the CSL M3 is more practical than my current DD, a gutted track ready Z28! No A/C, barely a radio, AND slicks. And they weren't slicks by design!

Black
    98 Z/28

I raced a brand new m5 from a roll on the highway and he was at my rear bumper till 140-150 but I had to shut down. This thing MOVED with 4doors and looked heavy but their top end is crazy, i looked online after and they got 500hp but I think its from the crank Do the race from a dig or slow roll and you got him.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

They got some kind of switch that you hit that unlocks 500 HP, otherwise it piddles around at the 400 HP range. Those ratings are at the motor, but that M5 you are talking about has a V10!!! Bad to the bone. Bad to the wallet too.

You got some work done to that Z to put down moves like that.

White
    1999 e36 M

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I am PRETTY sure that the CSL M3 is more practical than my current DD, a gutted track ready Z28! No A/C, barely a radio, AND slicks. And they weren't slicks by design!

LOL, you've got a point there. When is the release date for the 09 Camaro?
    by all accounts it should be a monster (500HP). By the way, What kind of mods do you have?

White
    1999 e36 M

Quote Originally Posted by bostonz28 View Post
    I raced a brand new m5 from a roll on the highway and he was at my rear bumper till 140-150 but I had to shut down. This thing MOVED with 4doors and looked heavy but their top end is crazy, i looked online after and they got 500hp but I think its from the crank Do the race from a dig or slow roll and you got him.
    Had you not shut down, he would have eventually overtaken you. As difficult as it is to believe, that 4 door family sedan will run 200MPH+, seriously.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

200 plus! If you would have said 180-190, I would not have batted an eyelash. But the current C6Z06 will only go 198 top speed, and it is way lighter, with more power, and better aerodynamics.

Something is not adding up???

White
    1999 e36 M

200 plus! If you would have said 180-190, I would not have batted an eyelash. But the current C6Z06 will only go 198 top speed, and it is way lighter, with more power, and better aerodynamics.

Something is not adding up???
    I always thought the Z06 was a 200MPH car. Obviously, you would never compare a C6Z06 to an M5. C6Z06 is a true super car and would destroy just about any production car on the highway today. M5, well how else can I say it. Its an honest to god 4 door family car and for me to say this car will do
    200MPH+ sounds insane but.... V10 501HP 8250 redline, 7 speed smg. A large
    bulk of that power is made around 8,000RPM. If I could only harness that kind of power in my e36M.

http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?im...pclub421hj.jpg

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

I always thought the Z06 was a 200MPH car. Obviously, you would never compare a C6Z06 to an M5. C6Z06 is a true super car and would destroy just about any production car on the highway today. M5, well how else can I say it. Its an honest to god 4 door family car and for me to say this car will do
    200MPH+ sounds insane but.... V10 501HP 8250 redline, 7 speed smg. A large
    bulk of that power is made around 8,000RPM. If I could only harness that kind of power in my e36M.

http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?im...pclub421hj.jpg

im not crazy about the way it looks...205mph though!!! crazy...the previous gen m3 and m5 are much better looking in my opinion

White
    1999 e36 M

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    im not crazy about the way it looks...205mph though!!! crazy...the previous gen m3 and m5 are much better looking in my opinion
    I agree, the new generation body style (M5 & M3) looks like crap. Maybe Im just saying that because my M is nearly 10 years old and only 240HP.

Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

The BMW V8s, V10s and V12s always had excellent top end.
    My 540I has a 4.4L V8 DOHC that was rated at 282HP. Admittedly, when I mash the gas pedal there isn't much of anything going on until you hit about 80+mph. Then it seems like it doesn't stop pulling. Top speed is electronically limited to 155mph and my Bimmer hit that speed limiter like a red headed step child. Without the speed limiter and enough room, I have no doubt it would have hit ~165mph. Not bad for a car that was rated for 282HP

I have no problems believing the M5 is a 200MPH sedan

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Aerodynamics start playing a HUGE role above 150 mph. Think of it as an exponential curve. The faster you go, there more power that is needed to accelerate.

Are you guys SURE about that top end?

Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

Are you guys SURE about that top end?
    Quite.

You have to remember that BMW, Audi and M-B have the luxury of designing and testing their cars on the Autobahn.

These cars are designed for high speeds. For example, the rear suspension geometry on my 540I has aggresive camber, etc because the suspension is designed to "flatten out" at speeds above 80mph. Spending majority of your time below that speed in a 5-series car results in shockingly quick tire wear. I got just 19kmi out of the last set of tires on my 540I.

White
    1999 e36 M

I don't mean for this to sound like a comentary about BMW but one thing that
    always stuck out was the fact that they were always able to extract large amounts of power out of such a small engine. I remember back in 92 when they released the e36m (euro) 3.0 liter six banger N/A, 286HP, ran 13's all day
    long and top out at 162MHP, and if I remember it was a 5 speed.

Of course by todays standards thats no big deal but 16 years ago, that was nothing to sneeze at. I guess that would have been on par with the LT1 back
    in thoes days, you guys can correct me if Im wrong.

pewter

I don't mean for this to sound like a comentary about BMW but one thing that
    always stuck out was the fact that they were always able to extract large amounts of power out of such a small engine. I remember back in 92 when they released the e36m (euro) 3.0 liter six banger N/A, 286HP, ran 13's all day
    long and top out at 162MHP, and if I remember it was a 5 speed.

Of course by todays standards thats no big deal but 16 years ago, that was nothing to sneeze at. I guess that would have been on par with the LT1 back
    in thoes days, you guys can correct me if Im wrong.
    yea sounds about right 93-95 lt1 fbodys made 275 hp i believe and it was 285 in 96,97 or was it 265 up to 275? lol whatever......came out in the vette in 92 though ....that IS a sick amt of hp out of an engine that size back then ...never heard of that m3...obviously never made it state side.....disappointing

pewter

oh yeah and curious....how come your on an ls1 board? did u used to own one?

Black
    98 Z/28

They got some kind of switch that you hit that unlocks 500 HP, otherwise it piddles around at the 400 HP range. Those ratings are at the motor, but that M5 you are talking about has a V10!!! Bad to the bone. Bad to the wallet too.

You got some work done to that Z to put down moves like that.
    Yea man I almost shit myself when I saw him right on my ass! Im used to seeing people fading away in my rearview when I stomp in it. But he would have deff got me in the long run. Cant complain power for the price though, Camaro=$5k>M5=$100K

Black
    98 Z/28

Had you not shut down, he would have eventually overtaken you. As difficult as it is to believe, that 4 door family sedan will run 200MPH+, seriously.
    Yea man he was pullin on me @145!!!Mercedes Benz& BMW are the only imports I would drive, excluding exotics. Gotta give it to BMW for a full family v10 thats crazy fast! But for that price Im with c6Z06

White
    1999 e36 M

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    oh yeah and curious....how come your on an ls1 board? did u used to own one?
    Never owned one but I have driven several. I can't say enough about the low end torque. After driving the M for quit a few years and getting behind the wheel of a 2001 Camaro SS, I was blown away!! I would love to drop that LS1motor in my e36M.

On some of the BMW forums you read how the e46 M3 killed a Camaro SS...well I can speak from personal experience ( I have driven both cars).

The SS is faster period, I dont care what any e46 owner says. I try to be as
    Impartial as I can even though I drive an e36M.

By the way I need some advice, there are a couple of mustang GT's around my neighborhood 2005+ models 300HP that have tried to race me a few times.
    Im bone stock 240HP, and I know the mustang is probably a mid 13 second car. On the straighs it would devour me on a winding road I would destroy it.

How much RWHP do I need to stay with one? my M only weighs 3175.

I really dislike mustang owners....alot!!

Black
    98 Z/28

Since you got a beema i'd get them to do a roll and beat them on the top end. You might get them from a dig and hope they spin like hell but i dont know if they got mods or not. As far as mustang owners, some are alright and others are just dooches. But since rice has been around we kinda team up together around here to take the rice down.

pewter

Never owned one but I have driven several. I can't say enough about the low end torque. After driving the M for quit a few years and getting behind the wheel of a 2001 Camaro SS, I was blown away!! I would love to drop that LS1motor in my e36M.

On some of the BMW forums you read how the e46 M3 killed a Camaro SS...well I can speak from personal experience ( I have driven both cars).

The SS is faster period, I dont care what any e46 owner says. I try to be as
    Impartial as I can even though I drive an e36M.

By the way I need some advice, there are a couple of mustang GT's around my neighborhood 2005+ models 300HP that have tried to race me a few times.
    Im bone stock 240HP, and I know the mustang is probably a mid 13 second car. On the straighs it would devour me on a winding road I would destroy it.

How much RWHP do I need to stay with one? my M only weighs 3175.

I really dislike mustang owners....alot!!
    believe they put down around 280 rwhp and there 3500lbs 10hp =100lbs aprox means u would need around 250 rwhp to run even with one drivers being equal....upgrade to an 01-06 m3 ........its been on my list of cars i love for a while......i just dont wanna pay to fix one if it had problems..lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information