Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 89

M3 Beamer ???

This is a discussion on M3 Beamer ??? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; its a 5 series... oh well he should of said camaro vs. BMW...

  1. #41
    Senior Member OnEbAdReDSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Puyallup
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,416

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

    its a 5 series... oh well he should of said camaro vs. BMW

  2. #42
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    its a 5 series... oh well he should of said camaro vs. BMW
    i'm sorry guys... I'm lazy and you don't see that many m3's on google catching fire....


    I'll fix it.

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    27

    White
    1999 e36 M

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    theres many that claim 350's rwhp with JUST bolt ons......and u acted like the m3 would DESTROY them....would be an even race with 20 less horse

    There's very little HP that can be had with bolt ons with respect to an s54 motor, Its pretty high strung from the factory. e46 m3 CSL produces 360HP
    at the crank with modified intake and around 300 to 310 wrhp.

    To get real power you must lower the compression and go forced induction.

    Here is a vid of forced fed e46 m3 CSL. This is the one that set the Nurburgring record.





    This is not ment to bragg about the M3, but that engine does sound pretty damn amazing.

  4. #44
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    We get the point dude!

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    39
    Posts
    125

    Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    its a 5 series... oh well he should of said camaro vs. BMW
    that is a 94+ 7 series, not a 5 series.

    Here is a 5 series:


  6. #46
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Yeah, that top one is an M5, 2000 model or so. Those cars still look good. It has a 400 horse DOHC V8, and I was highly tempted to get a used one, and put a nice exhaust on it. I bet with longtubes, no cats, and a couple Borla's that thing would sound sweet, like a DOHC cobra (non-supercharged versions). Plus, the interior is nice a fk. VERY tempting.

    At least until I saw how MUCH the damn headers were, like 1700 bones!

    And the rest of the exhaust was also super expensive.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    39
    Posts
    125

    Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

    Just save your money and get a 540I 6-spd and put the hunnie shot to it.
    BMWs are expensive to mod though. If you're looking for speed on the cheap, I'd stick with the F-body.

  8. #48
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Yeah, but she is just about modded out, the canvas is complete, so to speak. I am getting up there in age and the F-bod is kind of 20-ish. Fun as hell, but rough around the edges.

    Looking into getting a one of the last air-cooled Porsche 911's, around 1997 and previous.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    39
    Posts
    125

    Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

    We're not old yet.

    So you're looking at 997s? Its a very nice car. What are you in the market for? A 2-dr sport coupe or a 4-dr sedan?

    If you are considering sedans then you might want to consider the 540I 6-speed, M5 and Audi RS4. All 3 of those are comfortable, handle very well for their size and have a nice V8 engine.

    Unfortunately, they are not cheap to mod but if you can afford the price of admission, they certainly are alot of fun.

    Also that new G8 from Pontiac and the CTS-V is a hot ride.

    My next car will either be a newer 540/545 with a VF engineering blower on it and a small shot of giggle juice or a CTS-V with H/C/I and a big shot.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by e36m3 View Post
    There's very little HP that can be had with bolt ons with respect to an s54 motor, Its pretty high strung from the factory. e46 m3 CSL produces 360HP
    at the crank with modified intake and around 300 to 310 wrhp.

    To get real power you must lower the compression and go forced induction.

    Here is a vid of forced fed e46 m3 CSL. This is the one that set the Nurburgring record.





    This is not ment to bragg about the M3, but that engine does sound pretty damn amazing.
    what does csl stand for??? is that a euro spec m3? us versions put out 333 hp i belive ..correct?

  11. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    27

    White
    1999 e36 M

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    what does csl stand for??? is that a euro spec m3? us versions put out 333 hp i belive ..correct?

    Coupe Sport Lightweight. All e46 M's share the same engine, slightly different header design for the euro spec (additional 10 HP) CSL adds modified intake to push it to 360HP and its 400lb lighter with better everything. I really can't
    imagine anyone squeezing more power out of that engine with bolt ons.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by e36m3 View Post
    Coupe Sport Lightweight. All e46 M's share the same engine, slightly different header design for the euro spec (additional 10 HP) CSL adds modified intake to push it to 360HP and its 400lb lighter with better everything. I really can't
    imagine anyone squeezing more power out of that engine with bolt ons.
    have a link to the said mods/ hp/ 400 lb weight reduction??? im extremely curious as dinan dosnt have an intake that adds that kinda hp

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    delaware
    Posts
    126

    red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    idk man it would be a good race if its really got 383 hp

  14. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    27

    White
    1999 e36 M

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    have a link to the said mods/ hp/ 400 lb weight reduction??? im extremely curious as dinan dosnt have an intake that adds that kinda hp
    Yeah, I knew Dinan had some kind of S1 or S2 package that produced 361HP.
    It seem's Dinan and German engineers achieve the same result.

    http://www.supercarsite.net/bmw/e46-m3-csl/2003.

  15. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    27

    White
    1999 e36 M

    Quote Originally Posted by SScamaro1999 View Post
    idk man it would be a good race if its really got 383 hp
    It would be closer but I still think you would win. M is really not a drag car, having driven a 01 SS Camaro (stock) the SS feels faster, I guess because of the huge torque advantage. Although I never got to push it really hard like I have the e46.

  16. #56
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    That damn car sounds good. Like it has a formula 1 engine in it or something.

    Guys that get to drive that track on nice cars are lucky as fk.

    I would love to take that M3 around there for about 10 laps. Or better yet, a C6Z06 with exhaust and a cam

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by e36m3 View Post
    Yeah, I knew Dinan had some kind of S1 or S2 package that produced 361HP.
    It seem's Dinan and German engineers achieve the same result.

    http://www.supercarsite.net/bmw/e46-m3-csl/2003.
    how did they lower the weight by 400 lbs?? thats very significant....car sounds sweet!!! and whats the cost i wonder? 80k? looks somwhat like the m3 competetion

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    39
    Posts
    125

    Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    how did they lower the weight by 400 lbs?? thats very significant....car sounds sweet!!! and whats the cost i wonder? 80k? looks somwhat like the m3 competetion
    Options, Carbon Fiber roof, bits here and there...

  19. #59
    2000pontiac6
    Guest
    I just looked it up and looks like 2002 m3's run 13.4 in the 1/4
    http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

  20. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    27

    White
    1999 e36 M

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    how did they lower the weight by 400 lbs?? thats very significant....car sounds sweet!!! and whats the cost i wonder? 80k? looks somwhat like the m3 competetion
    If im not mistaken, roof, hood & trunk lid are carbon fiber also, the seats are not typical either. CSL wheels (competition package for US) are lighter as well.

    Im sure there are other items the general public dosen't know about. Unlike the Z06, SS camaro and others, the CSL M3 is not practical as a daily drive.
    There is no A/C or radio and its my understanding it comes stock with slicks.

    Just how good is that car? Its still faster around the ring than the new e92 M3. New M3 looks like crap. Not really sure about price,
    I think 55k in euro dollars.
    Last edited by e36m3; 02-05-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. lt1 cop vs. e30 beamer
    By jimmybling31 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 12:07 AM
  2. Played with a new M3 beamer
    By 98-LS1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 09:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •