Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

LT1 Trans Am vs. STi

This is a discussion on LT1 Trans Am vs. STi within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Wesman I've got 4.10's, CF Airlid, 3" Catback, and a Pro 5.0 on the way. I've also ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    I've got 4.10's, CF Airlid, 3" Catback, and a Pro 5.0 on the way. I've also got Goodyear Eagle F1 tires on 17" wheels, which hook up real nice.
    By any chance, are you hitting E-Town tonight? Try and swing by if not, as they'll be at least fifty to seventy five STI/EVO's representing. The more F-Body's, the merrier...

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    38

    BLACK
    01 WS6

    All the races I've seen on the sti vs z06, sti gets the lead on the launch, by the 1/8th, the z06 goes flying by. Are the sti's that good from a roll? I've heard (and seen) that from a roll that the ls1 will get the sti.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    30
    Posts
    90

    Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKM6
    All the races I've seen on the sti vs z06, sti gets the lead on the launch, by the 1/8th, the z06 goes flying by. Are the sti's that good from a roll? I've heard (and seen) that from a roll that the ls1 will get the sti.
    Stock STi sucks from a roll. However, after turbo work, or a new turbo, they can be pretty good from a roll.

  4. #24
    CamaroKillZ28
    Guest
    Pro 5.0 is a shifter basically pro 5.0=the shit

  5. #25
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    By any chance, are you hitting E-Town tonight? Try and swing by if not, as they'll be at least fifty to seventy five STI/EVO's representing. The more F-Body's, the merrier...
    Sorry, I couldn't make it tonight. I'm still finishing up the semester at college, finals suck

    I'll see if I can get some guys together over the summer and we'll take a ride down though. Sounds like a good time

  6. #26
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    What are 4.10's? I'm assuming that it has to do with gearing? Also what is a Pro 5.0, I'm still new to your car.
    Yep, 4.10 gears allow the car to accelerate faster since the ratios are shorter. Same reason the STI/Evo use short, close ratio gearing to help acceleration.

    Pro 5.0 is an aftermarket shifter, basically a shorter throw and more accurate pattern. Lots of guys have trouble with the 2-3 shift with the stock unit, the Pro 5.0 fixes that issue completely.

  7. #27
    Member myk02k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mars
    Age
    30
    Posts
    534

    Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

    V8This u stock or modded?

    I ran into some prick in my school with a STi not too long ago and pretty much won (i had to go on the other side of the road for a while, a car came and he wouldnt let me merge ahead so i had to brake then get behind him). When my car reacted to the gas, his rear fender was aligned to my front. When I braked, my rear fender was aligned with his front fender. It was I'm guessing from 30 to 90 MPH. Oh yea him=stick me=auto...maybe he just didnt know how to drive :-D

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    30
    Posts
    90

    Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Yep, 4.10 gears allow the car to accelerate faster since the ratios are shorter. Same reason the STI/Evo use short, close ratio gearing to help acceleration.

    Pro 5.0 is an aftermarket shifter, basically a shorter throw and more accurate pattern. Lots of guys have trouble with the 2-3 shift with the stock unit, the Pro 5.0 fixes that issue completely.
    Hmm, sounds interesting. I don't think it would be a complete blow out, but I do think it would make for one hell of a race. I'd take you up, but you are a distance away...



    Quote Originally Posted by myk02k
    V8This u stock or modded?

    I ran into some prick in my school with a STi not too long ago and pretty much won (i had to go on the other side of the road for a while, a car came and he wouldnt let me merge ahead so i had to brake then get behind him). When my car reacted to the gas, his rear fender was aligned to my front. When I braked, my rear fender was aligned with his front fender. It was I'm guessing from 30 to 90 MPH. Oh yea him=stick me=auto...maybe he just didnt know how to drive :-D
    Modded and more is getting done today...

  9. #29
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    I wanna piece!

    Too bad you don't live in NC!
    Last edited by Roastem; 05-04-2006 at 11:29 AM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

  10. #30
    Member myk02k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mars
    Age
    30
    Posts
    534

    Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

    too bad the kid that i raced is a bullshitter

    i was bare stock when i raced him...2 months later i see his profile on myspace and a pic with his car saying "550 HP -wheels"...in that case i must have 600 HP

  11. #31
    American Muscle RedT/Anumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I don't know. Some were in Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    235

    red
    1999 Trans am

    That sti sound like a wanna be. I believe if he had 550hp it wouldn't have even been a race.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - A Trans Am Owner Transfuses His
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 01:22 AM
  2. 2000 Pontiac Firebird Firehawk Trans Am, T-Tops, Auto Trans
    By Handyman401 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 06:33 PM
  3. For Sale: mt et street radials/b&m trans cooler/tci deep trans pan
    By senicalj4579 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 09:34 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 07:50 AM
  5. 1999 Pontiac Trans Am SLP Performance Parts Test - Trans Slam
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 04:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •