Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

LT1 Formula the latest victim

Not the greatest kill, but a kill just the same. I went up to get some beer at the local Racetrac gas station. On the way home there is a red Formula, LT1 vintage, that passes me. I move over and get behind him because I have to turn at the next light. Then light turns red. Nobody beside him. Oh hell. So I am compelled to pull up beside him. Imature I know, but what the hell. I could have sworn his windows were down before, but now they are up. I look around to make sure Johnny Law is not hiding somewhere. I take off normal waiting to see him get on it then I see his nose come up. I am allready in second so I just floor it. I shift into third and tear the Nittos a bit. I look and he is pretty much gone way back there. Probably 10 cars or so. Then he turned off into a deserted parking lot. Not really sure why. I turned at the next light and come home.

Like I said, not much of a kill but I dont get out much in the Z, so a kill is still a kill.
    http://www.fquick.com/mnypitZ
    98 Z28 a little here and a little there
    03 Saab 9-5 ARC
    80 Triumph TR7

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

nice kill! it should have been closer though... are you stock? maybe his car isnt in the best shape, you would have won either way but it would have been a better race.

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jAgZ28 View Post
    nice kill! it should have been closer though... are you stock? maybe his car isnt in the best shape, you would have won either way but it would have been a better race.
    Not quite stock here. I have a couple things. Heads, cam, LTs ORY, catback, lid, LS6 intake, Nitto DRs, well you get the idea. Not quite tuned right yet though.

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

ah ha that explains it! hell with that being the case the guy in the bird should be proud he hung as well as he did! i would be... good job nice kill again it sound like your car is a beast!!!

my car is a 93 z28 a4 hooker catback, qtp cutout, k&n cai, vortec elbow, high flow cat, tb bypass, tb airfoil, rk sport ss hood

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Yeah, its pretty fast I guess. It is kinda running like shit right now though. I think I need some new O2s. I actually had a Dodge Charger Hemi almost hang with me yesterday. Well he was within 3 car lengths anyway. I was kinda embarrassed to be honest. This 4 door family car looking ugly ass Chrysler product almost hung with me.

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

tune means everythhing once you start making drastic changes like that good luck with it i'm sure it'll be sick when you get a proper tune!

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

I got an email from my tuner guy today. He said after analyzing my logs it looks like my O2s are sluggish especially at idle causing my problems, so maybe a new set will fix it. The tune was pretty good except with the a/c on. I didnt have a belt on it when he tuned it. Now thats fixed, so maybe some new O2s and a quick a/c retune will fix it.

Wish me luck.

Thread Information