Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

LS2 GTO vs. 300ZX TT

This is a discussion on LS2 GTO vs. 300ZX TT within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Hey everyone, My friend has an almost brand new GTO w/ LS2 motor ( has like 12k miles, beautiful black), ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    LS2 GTO vs. 300ZX TT

    Hey everyone,
    My friend has an almost brand new GTO w/ LS2 motor ( has like 12k miles, beautiful black), with automatic transmission. He had been anxious since he got it to race me and was pretty confident that he would beat me pretty badly. Now, I'm not stupid, I know the potential of the LS1's as I've been on eastern f-body forums for years and have been apart of a lot of cruises, etc, with them, (seems like half of my friends own one).
    I drive a '94 300zx TT mods include turbo back exhaust, jwt pop cone intake filter, pullies, and manual boost controller set at 15.5psi and dynoed 376rwhp w/ 394 rwtq in 96 degree summer heat, stock turbos, stock injectors, stock intercoolers, stock cams. His GTO is 100% stock, but I still figured... it's a LS2.
    We ran from a light roll ~20mph he beeped the horn and I waited for him to hit the gas before following suit. He hung at my bumper by the end of 1st with me spinning. I stayed in it through midway of 4th. I had at LEAST 7-8 cars on him, wtf? Afterwards we were talking and said he barely chirped 1st and that he for the most part hooked up and saw me spinning as I passed him. He said his run couldn't have been more perfect and that he didn't want to go again
    Now... I'm a HUGE fan of f-bodies and GTO's, but 7-8 cars? My friend stood outside and filmed us and it looks even worse on film, so I'll stick to what I can see from off my mirrors. I had expected to put some lengths on him, but seriously I raped him pretty badly. I'm rather disappointed, can anyone explain this?

  2. #2
    R.I.P. LS1 LS1Power06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    817, Texas
    Age
    29
    Posts
    135
    03 Terminator

    yeah i can help. your friend cant drive. post the video.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Power06 View Post
    yeah i can help. your friend cant drive. post the video.
    It's an auto from a roll, what's to drive, lol?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    his friend cant drive?? he said his car dynos 376 rwhp...that converts to somwhere around 430-440 horse..and how much does a 300ztt weight?? 3200 or so??? im surprised u didnt expect to door him like that...400 horse 3700 lbs...440 horse 3200 ......hum..physics??? nice race....u have a fast car..should be low12s ti high 11s quarter.......now me and u racing?? that would a MUUUCH closer race...im running about 400rwhp..havnt had the opertunity to race anything faster than an 03 bmw m5 yet .. ...your buddys gonnna need a magnusson blower to keep up with u.lol

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    got any pics of the fairlady? love those cars

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    his friend cant drive?? he said his car dynos 376 rwhp...that converts to somwhere around 430-440 horse..and how much does a 300ztt weight?? 3200 or so??? im surprised u didnt expect to door him like that...400 horse 3700 lbs...440 horse 3200 ......hum..physics??? nice race....u have a fast car..should be low12s ti high 11s quarter.......now me and u racing?? that would a MUUUCH closer race...im running about 400rwhp..havnt had the opertunity to race anything faster than an 03 bmw m5 yet .. ...your buddys gonnna need a magnusson blower to keep up with u.lol
    I wish I was that light, it weighs roughly 3550 w/ full tank without me. I know there is some weight difference, but only a couple hundred pounds. What do the new GTO's put down? Do the auto's lose a large amount through the drivetrain on those?

    Your about dead on with the 1/4 times. I estimated about the same based off other Z's with my mods.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    well the gto should run real low 13s to a few in the high 12s.....so your a full second quicker than him.......hes prolly putting down around 340 to the rear wheels .. have u raced a c5 z06 yet? that would give u a much better run.....same horse as the gto with about 500 less lbs

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    well the gto should run real low 13s to a few in the high 12s.....so your a full second quicker than him.......hes prolly putting down around 340 to the rear wheels .. have u raced a c5 z06 yet? that would give u a much better run.....same horse as the gto with about 500 less lbs

    Man, do you know how hard it is to find a stock or near stock C5 Z06 to race? lol, I've tried! Trust me

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    got any pics of the fairlady? love those cars
    Yes I do, none with current wheels or with my exhaust. Need to take a few
    Here's some of what I have.















    Sorry if they are to big. I need to take a couple new ones :P
    Last edited by whiteghoztt; 12-10-2006 at 01:37 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    looks sweet man....whatd u get for your new wheels? any more potentional out of your stock turbos or are u pretty much at the top of what they can handle?

  11. #11
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    na man that race seems right, your car probably weighs less and puts down like 30-40 more hp than his does

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    looks sweet man....whatd u get for your new wheels? any more potentional out of your stock turbos or are u pretty much at the top of what they can handle?
    I bought Yokohoma AVS Advan VS-5 Wheels Front 17x9 255/40/17 tires - Rear 18x9.5 275/35/18 tires

    I just bought upgraded side mount intercoolers and larger injectors so I can fully tap out the stock turbos. I'm looking to put down about 395-410rwhp on the stockers after that on pump gas. I've never dynoed on race gas, but I might try it this year sometime to see what I can push.

  13. #13
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Them 300ZX can run some sick times .. My Buddy runs constant low 10s ..We started talking because he put a th400 to it ... He did send his turbos off and have them so they spool faster,,, dont know all the details in that ..
    He is full cage now and may put NOS in her to get it down in the 9s .... I can give you a update if you want ..

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Them 300ZX can run some sick times .. My Buddy runs constant low 10s ..We started talking because he put a th400 to it ... He did send his turbos off and have them so they spool faster,,, dont know all the details in that ..
    He is full cage now and may put NOS in her to get it down in the 9s .... I can give you a update if you want ..
    yeah man, let me know how that works out for him. Sounds like he's got a lot of weight reduction going on though. There are a couple street legal Z's in the 9's right now without nitrous with full interior. Your friend should have no problem if it's setup right.

  15. #15
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    well I only mentioned the part about the Turbos because I thought that was what relly put it over the top.. I know he said since he got the cage it is quicker but not as fast ... Im thinking 127ish ... Ill get a rundown Monday...

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    well I only mentioned the part about the Turbos because I thought that was what relly put it over the top.. I know he said since he got the cage it is quicker but not as fast ... Im thinking 127ish ... Ill get a rundown Monday...
    127 trap? wow.. that's obtainable with stock turbos almost.

  17. #17
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteghoztt View Post
    127 trap? wow.. that's obtainable with stock turbos almost.
    I remember he said the rules make you have a 7-point if you go over 120 ...

  18. #18
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    wow..i never realized 300zx's had that much potential runnin stock turbos and bolt ons...sweet kill man

  19. #19
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    ok Eric , guy at work, Last run was 10.58 at 130...60ft time was 1.48... beside the Turbo kit .. He gave the intake a port job ... Regular bolt ons, and a chip ... Said when he put the th400 in that made a world of difference ..Said he is going to get a new Garrett set up or put a 250 shot to it ...
    ps...all internals are still stock..

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    82

    White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    ok Eric , guy at work, Last run was 10.58 at 130...60ft time was 1.48... beside the Turbo kit .. He gave the intake a port job ... Regular bolt ons, and a chip ... Said when he put the th400 in that made a world of difference ..Said he is going to get a new Garrett set up or put a 250 shot to it ...
    ps...all internals are still stock..
    He's got a nice setup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. what can you tell me about a 91 nissan 300zx?
    By SteveCZ28 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 07:03 PM
  2. TT 300zx...
    By 28Marcos in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 10:17 PM
  3. 95 Z28 M6 -- 04 Yamaha R1 -- 90 300ZX w/ 350ci A4
    By Millr in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 12:52 PM
  4. 1994 300zx Tt
    By AF1Strider in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 10:09 AM
  5. Camaro SS VS. 300ZX
    By Zeroskater1028 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 10:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •