Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

LS1 WS6 Trans Am goes down

First off, this guy might be full of it, but he had a damn nice silver Trans with a custom exhaust, at least a cam and headers. It had huge tires on the back, on black rims, don't remember what style, but man that thing was dripping attitude. These items I can confirm for I could see and hear those.

The full of it part, well he "said" it had a crate stroker in it. He said he had gears too. I can't confirm those. Let's find out the whole story from my point of view.

Cruising through town, I drove by this bad mutha as I was leaving. Threw him a rev, whipped it around and caught up with him at a gas station. I pulled up beside him and said, "Man that is one bad ass Trans Am. Whatcha got done?" This bitch was countin' off with a sweet tone, and I noticed a custom exhuast like I have never seen before coming out those huge ass openings in the rear valence. Old guy, maybe 50, says, "This is my son's car, he has all kinds of work done to it. I think he put a 500 HP stroker motor in it." Damn sure sounded good, I thought. He compliments me on my ride, and I say I got a "little work" done too when queried.

Keep in mind, these cars are both counting hard and its kinda difficult to make conversation. So I cut to the chase and say, "Let's go out of town and see what they'll do." He is like, "I ain't gonna get too fast." I told him, "We will do a short race from a roll to about 100 and shut 'em down, sound cool?" He retorted, "I'll follow you."

Close by I knew a little stretch, and we went from a 15 mph roll. I set that up b/c my clutch is slipping on the 1-2 powershift, and he said he would be cool with a roll race. We heat 'em up, then I told him I was gonna pop the horn three times, and on the third horn the race would begin. He was an old school fella, and prolly thought this was kinda stupid, but hell, I do too. Give me a tree any day.

I have mine in second, and I think he had his in first unfortunately, b/c he spun like hell and sat on the rev limiter for at least a second or two, almost like it caught him by suprise. While he is fartin' around spinning and shifting, I am pulling away. I put an easy three car lengths on him by 100. He lost the most ground out of the hole, but it also looked like I was pulling away when we both hooked.

We pull over afterwards and I compliment him again on his nice ride, and he says "I just need to learn how to drive it now!" I laugh and say, "Good race." We parted. I drove back by where we ran 'em, and there were some railroad CSX guys out there and one was flashing money at me (the road was right beside the train tracks). Guess he bet on the the ole Camaro!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

haha, nice kill! Sounds like a pretty good race. Thats funny as hell with the railroad guy

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

cool race sounds like a pretty good ole boy. Race prolly would have been better if the son would have been drivin.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I agree. He prolly needed some practice.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Good story, I love meeting other enthusiasts.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Nice!!! Its always sweet racing someone with alot of punch that can't be used. I have asked my dad if he wanted to drive my car but I think he is scared to get in it. He's old school also!! But I know he can drive good cause we have killed many of a fella in the old days when I was a kid. I think now he just has fun watching me mess with the guys at the track!!

Thread Information