Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

ls1 vs. some mustangs

i posted this on another forum but i want to share with you guys too!

nite 1/2

about a month ago i saw a pretty sweet looking mustang and it appeared to be a saleen. i really doubted it though. well i saw the same mustang again and the guys in the car were sure eyeing me. when they went by. i quickly flipped a bitch and turns out i didn't even have to play catch up. they waited for me at a green light and i followed em out of town. He hit the gas at about 55-60 and i hit it too. Within a few seconds I easily passed him up. As i did that i noticed the bumper said mustang so obviously it was a kit. All saleens are supercharged right?...anyways. I told him to turn around and we'll dig. He said no way dude cuz he didn't have tires. "me either" cuz all i got is 245's. We went again at about 5 mph and it didn't turn out to be much of a race. He did have 2 passengers but i really doubt it would of mattered. I guess it was an 03 cuz that's what the license plate said and he told me he had a 4.6 and an exhaust. I told him he had a pretty sweet stang, but the guy didn't talk much and said nothing about my car. He sure didn't hesitate to ask what i had. I should of said "an ls1"

Ok, nite 2/2

The so called "saleen" i raced last night was hanging with a 5.7 GTO and a foxbody. I flipped a bitch as soon as I could and followed em out of town. I finally caught up just before they raced. Turns out the GTO is sprayed with a 75 shot and fxbody was sprayed as well...with what? i don't know. So I let them and I sat back in my Z . The foxbody's frame looks like it twists as it leaves me and the saleen behind while we watch. Foxbody pulls about a 1/2 car on the GTO. They go one more time and the foxbody went boom. Not sure what happened there. I started to head home and saw what appeared to be a do-able chick in some pickup. I just wanted somebody to "talk" to so i headed back to the main street and was just crusin when i see the saleen again and what appeared to be that same foxbody. I think they were waving me over so I thought I'd check it out and go over there and chat for a minute or two and immediately that foxbody wants to race. Turns out this is a different foxbody, looked the same though and was white like the other one, and so i don't know what he has under the hood. The saleen guy told him I had an exhaust and he says lets go and everyone immediately heads towards their cars. So we head back out of town and go from a roll. He gets a bit ahead of me on the start and i start going a bit sideways and my tires caught and he still has that half car on me and ended up putting about one car on me. One of the guys told me I was definitely getting loose...after the race i was like "u see that shit". He's like "yea man" Anyways, so here comes the dig. This dudes got Nitto Drag's and i got some firehawk 245 wideovals....should be interesting right?! Someone in an f150 behind us does us the pleasure of the honks and we were off. He shot off the line pretty well, but I reeled him in at the end of first. My auto shifts for me and hes pulling. Then he shifts and I start to catch him again. By this time he has about a half car on me though. I slowly creep up to him and then my auto goes into 3rd and he pulls some more and then he shut it down. I'm guessing around 110-120 maybe. The guy behind me said he had one and a half on me. I'd say the foxbody had a car and maybe a foot or two. So I got up to him eventually and gave him a nice and stared at his very hot gf. Only 120lbs or so, so he didn't have that much of a disadvantage haha. We get back to where we were talking before and he immediately gets out of his car and said. "So I hear ur spraying"....WHAT!??? "I've been around here two nights and theres rumors going around about me. are u serious?" and then there was no use arguing. I popped the hood, and said "I don't see any nitrous lines do you?" He's looking all around and I told him "dude i told you all i had was an exhaust"...wtf!?! He's like "that's the closest anyones ever gotten to beating me and ur stock?" yea so .He must of meant stock internally. "well what you got"....turns out he's blown and supposedly running 5psi. I told him well, "i hate losing to mustangs but i feel better knowing your blown." He said "it's only 5 psi." 5psi is 5psi....

Fun times with the stangs

Hope this story wasn't too long and you enjoyed it somewhat.

Forgot to add the foxbody was a '91. I could see it had dual flowmasters and he said he was putting down around 260 with 3.73s...does this seem right and did i do ok since this car is really light?
    Would a small stall (torque converter) be enough to take him down? Right now i'm an a4, 2.73's, lt's, y, magnaflow catback. I think with a stall i possibly could...i tune wouldn't hurt either i guess.
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 07-02-2007 at 06:36 AM.

Black
    2000 TA

with those mods a tune would make a nice difference. also maybe put in some 3.73 gears and a stall.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

yeah...the gears...and maybe some good tires.... good kill on the first one btw...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

yea i'm still looking for the rims i want and i could get 18x10.5, 18x11 possibly and when i do i can upgrade the tires to maybe some 295 or 315's if i dare....

ur right i think a mild stall and 3.73s could do it too

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Throw some Nitrous on and when he bitches when you beat him, tell him to take his blower off.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Throw some Nitrous on and when he bitches when you beat him, tell him to take his blower off.
    hehe...i wish i knew someone that did peformance work around here...this is what i'd do and i have the money...i could have em do it this winter for me while it sits....

procharger
    90/90
    12-bolt w/3.73s
    some kind of a nitto
    a small stall
    i'll need some sfc's

I would think this would leave him behind by a a bus length or two?

Blue
    04 Mach 1

btw, not all saleens are sc. nice kills.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

yea i was wondering..thx for clearin that up

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

The S351 is the one with the s/c.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

saleen and roush have different stages depending on how much money you want to waste. older ones arent anything to be scared of. the new 427R is a different story though...

good kills.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    saleen and roush have different stages depending on how much money you want to waste. older ones arent anything to be scared of. the new 427R is a different story though...

good kills.

i'm not sure what you mean...i've heard of the 427, however was not impressed

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GXsyGYsmscU

first off the narrator made me want to bash my alarm clock next to my computer into my face....then 13.4 @ 107 i believe....for a supercharged mustang?

Can't Cobras around the year 2000 do better than this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BWx-XeaNMaY

that's kinda what the one i raced looked like...sounded absolutely nothing like it though!
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 07-03-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post

first off the narrator made me want to bash my alarm clock next to my computer into my face....then 13.4 @ 107 i believe....for a supercharged mustang?

that's kinda what the one i raced looked like...sounded absolutely nothing like it though!
    LOL... 13.4... running at it's fastest while a good old CAMARO walks him... well into the 12's... LOL

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post

wow. i cannot believe that video. i think i may have confused my self with the new s281 from saleen.

well, thats pretty bad if you cant break 12s with a supercharged v8...

Thread Information