Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ls1 vs s4

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 #767

ls1 vs s4

I got a quick question. What do you guys think about a 2000 trans am with slp loudmouth catback and slp lid vs a 2000 awd audi s4 2.7t stage 2 what GiacX stage 1 chip and a 3 inch catback.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

I think they are both nice cars! what color are they?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I think it will be a fun race

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

The S4's are fast cars with some work done. depnds on the programing of the chip, like how much boost.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Gaic will put him at 18lbs of boost at peak tappering off to about 16lbs. Is it tip or 6spd? 6spd from a dig he will get quite a few cars off the line then you will be playing catch up depending on the dirver. Tip is good from a roll. Overall in my stg2 S4 and when my ta had close to the same mods you do they were one tenth of a sec off in the quarter. Divers race.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 #767

lol

well both these car are mine i totaled my navy blue metallic trans am. i was only 17 when i bought that car. got it for 7000 with 104xxx on it and it had an slp lid and catback slp loudmouth ls1 automatic 4 (a4). and then i researched and found a nice replacement for it. The audi s4. Its a 6 speed and i got the giac chip with peaks at around 18 psi and hold around 16. I raced my friends lt1 formula and i pulled 6 lengths on him every run we did 35 rolls.... just wondering how an ls1 would compare

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by be3fkake View Post
    well both these car are mine i totaled my navy blue metallic trans am. i was only 17 when i bought that car. got it for 7000 with 104xxx on it and it had an slp lid and catback slp loudmouth ls1 automatic 4 (a4). and then i researched and found a nice replacement for it. The audi s4. Its a 6 speed and i got the giac chip with peaks at around 18 psi and hold around 16. I raced my friends lt1 formula and i pulled 6 lengths on him every run we did 35 rolls.... just wondering how an ls1 would compare
    I'll race you !!!!

my buddie has a 2002 stage 3 S4. Its fast

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Those S4's take off so fast and clean that your eyes pop open, much respect to the person i raced with my LT1 that didnt want to bother racing from a stop. From a roll he got handed bad but that car took off blazing fast, its amazing how much grip they have off the line.

I've seen S4s get into the 10s on stock twin turbos. Stock, they are quick and comfy. With some work, they can be absolute beasts.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I've seen S4s get into the 10s on stock twin turbos. Stock, they are quick and comfy. With some work, they can be absolute beasts.
    I have never heard of stock k03 turbos putting a S4 into the 10s? If you push them near or over 20psi they will be done pretty quick. Can def hit 10s with a k04 or GT set up though. I highly doubt someone got one to go that fast with stock turbos.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    I have never heard of stock k03 turbos putting a S4 into the 10s? If you push them near or over 20psi they will be done pretty quick. Can def hit 10s with a k04 or GT set up though. I highly doubt someone got one to go that fast with stock turbos.
    Me either. Everything I've heard has been that the stock turbos max out pretty quick, and to really make power you need a pair of K04's.

My friend has an A6 2.7T (same engine as S4, larger car) and he just had a stage kit done to it, so power is up from 250 to 310HP. However, I don't think much more can be done without upgrading turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    This particular Audi did have KO4s. I forgot they came stock with the KO3 compressor housing. Both these models are very similar and designed to fit with the factory manifolds. The compressor housing is a bit larger on the KO4 unit, has a more heavy duty wastegate, and a higher efficiency window.

Here's the difference:

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 #767

Yea i plan on going getting a new front mount intercooler next month and go stage 3 next year. Once my k03s fail i will most likely get k04 due to its my daily driver. I want to do gt28rs but they arent ment for a dd on s4's

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by be3fkake View Post
    Once my k03s fail i will most likely get k04
    I think that goes for anyone who has an S4 lol. You should post up some pics of it.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Here is my buddies.

But i liked yours more

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 #767

Ill post up pics tonight, give me a min

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    But i liked yours more

Click for full size

Haha thanks man I would have to agree.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

This reminds me of why i sold my 2000 S4. Turbos were going out lol. Once you turn the boost up on those things your on borrowed time. Mine was all stock though.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer52910 View Post
    This reminds me of why i sold my 2000 S4. Turbos were going out lol. Once you turn the boost up on those things your on borrowed time. Mine was all stock though.
    That's why you get larger turbos and go really really fast.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Eh i thought about it but was having withdraws every since i traded my WS6 for it, so i got back into muscle cars

Thread Information