Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Wink LS1 Vs. ProCharged LT1

We went from a 15mph roll. He has an M6, I'm an A4... I'm sure you know what happens... I don't mind posting deaths as well as kills.

Vid here:
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...49012b383a.htm
    Last edited by MikeSomething; 06-10-2007 at 05:33 PM.

Black
    99 SS

cool vid man, and good song!!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

nice video,

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Thanks guys. I threw that video together in 10mins. You should see my other ones. The kid wanted to see himself kick my azz so I kinda rushed to make it for him.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Dang Mike!

He peeled you pretty good.

Head and cam son!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Dang Mike!

He peeled you pretty good.

Head and cam son!
    It's funny, I swapped intakes, and I have a big vacuum leak. I detuned my car thinkin that might be the problem. I'm not tryin to make excuses, but it def didn't help my car, ya know? H&C job is probably the most expensive crap for my car man... Maybe when the I hit it rich! I'm thinkin a nice 125shot surprise for him, along w/ some drag radials, gears, headers & a HPTune. What do you think? He's running I think 425hp to the wheels on 8psi, he said he won't go more cause his car has 100k+ miles on it.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Can you do the work yourself, the H/C swap? If so, it would be considerably cheaper. That is IF your car isn't a daily driver. Then you would prolly need a good part of a Sat and Sun.

The 125 shot would put you right were a H/C package prolly would? I would think so...and be considerably cheaper. Those dang ole gears would help too!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Can you do the work yourself, the H/C swap? If so, it would be considerably cheaper. That is IF your car isn't a daily driver. Then you would prolly need a good part of a Sat and Sun.

The 125 shot would put you right were a H/C package prolly would? I would think so...and be considerably cheaper. Those dang ole gears would help too!
    No, I don't have the tools, time, or know how for a cam job. My mechanic quoted me $975.00 (13hrs. Labor) for the cam swap. I've been on these boards lookin for a reasonable offer for a 3500 stall convertor but have yet to find one. I was gonna swap it out to a M6 w/ 4.10's but that's $4k. A safe 125shot would only be $500.00 brand new.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    No, I don't have the tools, time, or know how for a cam job. My mechanic quoted me $975.00 (13hrs. Labor) for the cam swap. I've been on these boards lookin for a reasonable offer for a 3500 stall convertor but have yet to find one. I was gonna swap it out to a M6 w/ 4.10's but that's $4k. A safe 125shot would only be $500.00 brand new.
    well a "safe" 125 shot would be a lot more...you'd need a window switch..digital one is bout 100-140, then a bottle heater is bout 100-130, then a fpss is about 30-50, if the kit comes with a wot switch, if not then u need one of those, then all of the fitting which is expensive as hell, then the bottle refill 40-50 bucks, then if you want gauges (n20 and fuel pressure) could be up to 200 a piece for autometer c2's or cobalt's which are the only real good ones...its a lot more than you think

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Well, I would help you do it if you were North Cackalacky. Nobody on this board live in your area with F-bod experience?

I would go with what you got, a stall and 3.73's. That sumbitch would haul boogey my friend. Damn all that rowing. Especially in traffic jams.

I did the head and cam swap myself. The cam swap was surprisingly easy, the only real bitch was getting that damn radiator out, and back in.

When you put the intake on there, did you put the coolant plugs in? If you put that intake on there with the stock, big ass coolant lines, when you tightened it down it prolly cracked, thus your leak.

Man somebody should help you out from this board. That's fkkd up.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

ur friend has my dream TA...

awesome vid.
    as for nitrous, why does everyone say u NEED a wot switch?
    and isnt a stall only good for racing from a roll?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    ur friend has my dream TA...

awesome vid.
    as for nitrous, why does everyone say u NEED a wot switch?
    and isnt a stall only good for racing from a roll?
    Nitrous WOT switch activates it at WOT so you don't need to hit a button while your driving. Most people use 1st gear lockouts & window switches so you don't spray to soon.

A stall is good for racing from a stop. It kinda works the same way as dropping the clutch on an M6 at 3-5k works. It kinda gets rid of your deadspots from your trans.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Nitrous WOT switch activates it at WOT so you don't need to hit a button while your driving. Most people use 1st gear lockouts & window switches so you don't spray to soon.

A stall is good for racing from a stop. It kinda works the same way some dropping the clutch at 3-5k works. It kinda gets rid of your deadspots from your trans.
    well u guys raced from a roll, so a stall wouldnt do anything at all would it?
    yea, i knw what the wot switch it, i just dont know why people say u NEED it... i wouldnt want it

nice vid. props for showin a death. looks like rt 18 again for u. i have to drive that road more often. all i see are mustangs and they never want to go.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

well u guys raced from a roll, so a stall wouldnt do anything at all would it?
    yea, i knw what the wot switch it, i just dont know why people say u NEED it... i wouldnt want it
    I raced from a low 15mph roll. The stall revs up every gear to a higher RPM then releases the clutch. It'll get rid of the deadspots, but you're right, it's more for off the line.
    The WOT switch is more about your own preference man. Listen, honestly go your own route. Individuality is what makes our cars great in the 1st place!

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677 View Post
    nice vid. props for showin a death. looks like rt 18 again for u. i have to drive that road more often. all i see are mustangs and they never want to go.
    Yea, I usually get the curse of seeing all the good stuff fly by going in the other direction.

LE MANS BLUE
    2007 CORVETTE COUPE

Dont worry cuz. You had extra weight in your car filming the race. Ok the way he pulled on you it would not have made a difference. Can you say 383cu twin turbo?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I raced from a low 15mph roll. The stall revs up every gear to a higher RPM then releases the clutch. It'll get rid of the deadspots, but you're right, it's more for off the line.
    The WOT switch is more about your own preference man. Listen, honestly go your own route. Individuality is what makes our cars great in the 1st place!

thanks for the reply. i appreciate the info. stalls still kinda confuse me somewhat. ive never been in a stalled car, but once i get the chance to drive one ill probably answer all my own questions.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by I AM AN ARMY VETTE 2 View Post
    Dont worry cuz. You had extra weight in your car filming the race. Ok the way he pulled on you it would not have made a difference. Can you say 383cu twin turbo?
    I can say $4k for the stroker kit & also say $6k for the turbo kit, but I ain't puttin myself in the poor house!

thanks for the reply. i appreciate the info. stalls still kinda confuse me somewhat. ive never been in a stalled car, but once i get the chance to drive one ill probably answer all my own questions.
    Well it simply release the clutch at a higher rpm. The only way I can describe it is to imagine reving your car upto that rpm in Neutral and then slamming it into drive. It simply "stalls" the release of the clutch till that rpm man. I hope that helps.

Nice race Mike! I know EXACTLY where that spot is you raced lol!Crazy!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Nice race Mike! I know EXACTLY where that spot is you raced lol!Crazy!
    Yea, my car has been a nightmare lately man. Everything I "attempt" to do to it just freakin blows up in my face. I'm having one of those days, months, years...

Thread Information