Thread: Ls1>lt1

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Ls1>lt1

Not really a fair race, but fun none the less. Pulling out of the movies (Transformers rocked) a 97 Z-28 shot me some revs so we played around a bit then pulled into a gas station to talk. He was a 6 speed with a CAI and catback and my car is a full bolt on LS1 with a 3600 stall.

We went to a low traffic road and did 2 runs from a dig, both runs about a 1/8 mile. Both of us on street tires and it was 46 degrees out.

1st run: the LT1 spun real bad and I caught traction before he did, put 4 cars on him

2nd run: we both spun a decent amount (I got over zealous with the throttle) and were even until I hit 2nd and then I put about 3 cars on him by the time I shut down

Would have been worse for him if we went to some longer straight aways.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Good kill that stall really helps out but not a suprise on the win, no doubt longer straights wouldve really killed him.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

46 degrees?! Then i noticed your from Alaska lol. Its almost too hot to be cruisin around down here

98 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by drummer52910 View Post
    46 degrees?! Then i noticed your from Alaska lol. Its almost too hot to be cruisin around down here
    LOL, I was thinking the same. I'm surprised people have Z28's up in Alaska, since they're not too good in the snow, and take a while to warm up. But more power to ya.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 346ci View Post
    Not really a fair race, but fun none the less. Pulling out of the movies (Transformers rocked) a 97 Z-28 shot me some revs so we played around a bit then pulled into a gas station to talk. He was a 6 speed with a CAI and catback and my car is a full bolt on LS1 with a 3600 stall.

We went to a low traffic road and did 2 runs from a dig, both runs about a 1/8 mile. Both of us on street tires and it was 46 degrees out.

1st run: the LT1 spun real bad and I caught traction before he did, put 4 cars on him

2nd run: we both spun a decent amount (I got over zealous with the throttle) and were even until I hit 2nd and then I put about 3 cars on him by the time I shut down

Would have been worse for him if we went to some longer straight aways.
    How do you like the stall, that's my next mod. Just curious, nice kill though!!!

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    LOL, I was thinking the same. I'm surprised people have Z28's up in Alaska, since they're not too good in the snow, and take a while to warm up. But more power to ya.
    It was at night around 2 a.m. when it's cooled off a lot. I actually daily drove my z-28 for two years including winter, just put some studded tires on and I was fine. There are a lot of garage queens up here, including mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    How do you like the stall, that's my next mod. Just curious, nice kill though!!!
    I love the stall, gets me in the powerband so much faster and helped with the shift dead spots. I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    Alaska gets up into the 60-70s in the summer. The only difference is the summer in Alaska is a lot shorted than it is down here.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Ls1>lt1
    Things that make you go DUH.

2000 Trans Am

I love the stall, gets me in the powerband so much faster and helped with the shift dead spots. I highly recommend it.
    What about traction issues?

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Traction is definitely a issue for me now, my 60ft. went from a 2.0 stock to a 2.2 with the stall on 245 street tires. Launching is a bit harder now as I am trying to keep the tires from breaking loose, I break loose from 25-30mph rolls. I would recommend wider or stickier tires then mine. I have m/t drag radials for the track now, I'll see how that works.

silver
    2002 ws6

Traction is definitely a issue for me now, my 60ft. went from a 2.0 stock to a 2.2 with the stall on 245 street tires. Launching is a bit harder now as I am trying to keep the tires from breaking loose, I break loose from 25-30mph rolls. I would recommend wider or stickier tires then mine. I have m/t drag radials for the track now, I'll see how that works.
    those mickey e\t streets are nasty--- you'll hook hard

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    those mickey e\t streets are nasty--- you'll hook hard
    That's good to hear, I'll find out how much my 10 bolt likes them this weekend

Thread Information