Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Your gonna laugh, but it's been so freaking long, I honestly forgot if I have LB9 or L98 heads on ...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Your gonna laugh, but it's been so freaking long, I honestly forgot if I have LB9 or L98 heads on the 350. I ported the hell out of them once upon a time, but now I'm not sure exactly how much compression I'm squeezing at the moment. I need to do some calculating tomorrow (took the day off)...

This should make for a very interesting build. I'd like to take on RedRegal with the '92 @ the event, so if you reading this Regal, consider yourself challenged.

Dave, you interested in the 3.1 bro...?

blue
    89 Camaro RS

actually i just want the heads, my niebor is looking for a 3.1 to replace the 2.8 in his 89 bird though

2009 Corvette ZO6

Just a quick update. Rollbar is in, thanks to my cousin Gaspar, who has the patience of a saint. MAF is back on, and re-tuned. ProCharger is still in it's box. New cam is still being contemplated. Currently looking for a 12 bolt...

A few of us are making some passes this Friday night, if anyone here is interested in joining, shoot me a PM. Took out a modded STI the other night so bad I thought the driver was going to cry. I'm going to miss this cam, although I'm now considering replacing the CheaTR in my wife's car with it...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

looking for a new or used 12 bolt,if u want a new one i can get u the best price on one directly from strange threw the shop.

2009 Corvette ZO6

That would help tremendously. My cousin is slowly talking me into some very innovating suspension work, which would obviously solidify the purchase of such a rear. I'll let you know when I'm ready to order Dave, thanks.

blue
    89 Camaro RS

ok ill dbl check the prices tom and pm ya just so u knw what its conna cost,want me to get the price on the strange s-60 (dana 60] rear as well?
    i think its only slightly more and its alot stronger then the 12 bolt

2009 Corvette ZO6

Definitely quote me whatever your shop is able to put on order. My cousin is trying to get me to go four link, but I'm not going that far. A Spohn adjustable TA will do just fine, to be honest...

Anybody else start modding yet? Have a funny feeling Tom (EE1983) has something sneeky up his sleeve. He's been pretty quiet on this thread. He might very well just show up in June, and beat us all lol...

Come down Friday night Tom...

Haha I wish I had something sneaky going on!! Ive been workin 65-70 hours a week and Im just shot. My car is still apart, as I was doing the timing belt and just dont have the time to do it. Ill get it done soon and Ill def come out!

2009 Corvette ZO6

Believe me Tom I can relate. I blew a tire about two weeks ago, and have been running with a howling spare. I didn't have any strength left to install the new tire (a tire already mounted on the rim, no less). It was only a few days ago in which my wife made me do it LMAO...!

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Believe me Tom I can relate. I blew a tire about two weeks ago, and have been running with a howling spare. I didn't have any strength left to install the new tire (a tire already mounted on the rim, no less). It was only a few days ago in which my wife made me do it LMAO...!
    Haha yea! The last thing I wanan do when I get home is go in my cold musky garage and go dick around with the car. When the weather warms up Im sure Ill be more inclined to though!

blue
    89 Camaro RS

heya street finished these up over the weekend.316 stainless with 1.5 primarys and a 3 inch collector

sorry about the crappy pics but i had to use a webcam on my laptop to get pics,once i get my reg digicamera back ill take some better pics.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Are you freaking kidding me? Oh my goodness. Dave, that is some excellent fabrication. When is the engine going in, and are you preparing for the megasquirt? Do you have a base-line yet, in reference to the PROM? Get that sucka in there soon, we need more F-Body's representing (way too many other models dominating the track lately)....

Guys, last Friday night was one of the best Friday nights ever. I had to stop counting how many street muffled vehicles showed up. It was truly awe inspiring. Hooked up with this guy who was running a beautiful Cobra-R. Wanted to run him in my wife's car, but he was taking way too long prepping his rear quarter panels (for the burnout)...

... tis going to be a good year!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Street, do you have white lettering/sticker on the back bumper of that Vette?
    I saw one that looked like your Avatar coming my way down over by 34...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Hey Mike. I can only wish I had the Corvette in my avater. I really need to update the pic with my '98 Trans Am. Did you swing by last Friday night bro? Are you modding any yet...?

TA baby, yeah!

2009 Corvette ZO6

Here is a link to another one of my projects, entitled; "Conan the Destroyer". I'm hoping to have this car finished and wrapped up come this June, as I'd like to take on a few of you guys with her, I mean him....

"Conan the Destroyer"

-Rob

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Are you freaking kidding me? Oh my goodness. Dave, that is some excellent fabrication. When is the engine going in, and are you preparing for the megasquirt? Do you have a base-line yet, in reference to the PROM? Get that sucka in there soon, we need more F-Body's representing (way too many other models dominating the track lately)....

Guys, last Friday night was one of the best Friday nights ever. I had to stop counting how many street muffled vehicles showed up. It was truly awe inspiring. Hooked up with this guy who was running a beautiful Cobra-R. Wanted to run him in my wife's car, but he was taking way too long prepping his rear quarter panels (for the burnout)...

... tis going to be a good year!
    im shooting for the swap meet to have the new engine in the car,im no longer going twin turbos,im prolly going with a single garret gt40r.i just finished up a basetune based of the stock 3.1 prom for the megasquirt.i shoudl be doing the megasquirt install this week..

oh did i tell u the new motor runs on alky under boost,i have a mechanical ethanol injection system setup that transistions the motor from 100% gas to 30-100% ethanol under boost,depending on what jets i install and how i tune the ms unit

btw how much do u want for that 3.1/5speed

2009 Corvette ZO6

^ Dave, let me know if you need any help tuning the megasquirt. I don't have a schedule near, when is the next swap meet/car show...?

That little TBI project of mine is gaining a lot of attention. I'm going to need your help w/turbo selection, and installation (header and Y-Pipe)....

I'm honestly not sure what I'm doing yet with 3.1 and 5-speed. I was hoping to do "something" with it, but everything is up in the air. I have my cousin Gaspar helping me with the LS1, and I'm squeezing in some spare time trying to get the 350 w/TBI finished....

Next up for "Conan" is a set of ZZ4 cylinder heads, then will come the camshaft. Not sure yet what specs though. I'm building up the racers on this site, so when you guys come down, be ready (and I mean READY) for the challenge. We won't be racing each other all day, trust me on that...!

Already started calling our little LS1.com challenge "Judgement Day", so whoever actually SHOWS, you best be bringing it. I'll be representing, and challenging any one of those guys over there, and it'd be cool to have some of my friends here having my back. Don't really wanna take on the whole freaking track by myself, but if I have to, I will, gosh dang-it lol....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

^ Dave, let me know if you need any help tuning the megasquirt. I don't have a schedule near, when is the next swap meet/car show...?

That little TBI project of mine is gaining a lot of attention. I'm going to need your help w/turbo selection, and installation (header and Y-Pipe)....

I'm honestly not sure what I'm doing yet with 3.1 and 5-speed. I was hoping to "something" with it, but everything is up in the air. I have my cousin Gaspar helping me with the LS1, and I'm squeezing in some spare time trying to get the 350 w/TBI finished....

Next up for "Conan" is a set of ZZ4 cylinder heads, then will come the camshaft. Not sure yet what specs though. I'm building up the racers on this site, so when you guys come down, be ready (and I mean READY) for the challenge. We won't be racing each other all day, trust me on that...!

Already started calling our little LS1.com challenge "Judgement Day", so whoever actually SHOWS, you best be bringing it. I'll be representing, and challenging any one of those guys over there, and it'd be cool to have some of my friends here having my back. Don't really wanna take on the whole entire track by myself, but if I have to, I will lol....
    i was talking with the guys over at turbotrix,and i may just break down and pay the 500 bucks and let them dyno tune it,if i cant get it down on my own.though with the wideband it shouldnt be to hard to do
    i dont have a schedules on hand either ,ill have to check the website.

as far as cam what are the specs on the rest of the motor,and what are u running for fuel injection system.

i can already recommend a turbo but i dont think ur short block will handle a gt45 lol im going with a gt40r on mine (gonna lag like the supra guys lol)

if u wanna do something with the 3.1/5 speed, it would make a nice dunebuggy /large go cart motor ,one of our customers from the shop has his old dragster chassis for sale( was powered by some turbo 6 cyl vw engine)
    lol i was thinking about buying it off him and buying the 3.1 combo from u and droping it in the dragster with a turbo on it

edit
    nm i see ur are using tbi on the motor, i would seriously consider going to port injection,over the tbi

2009 Corvette ZO6

I don't think that the Throttle Body Injection will be that much of a burden. I'm building it for the guys over at the other website. Which reminds me, we really need to get Dimented247 down to the track very very soon....

I already bored out the throttle body (see pics on the website), by cutting out it's center. That one is just the prototype, as the current one was initially bored to accept "stock" TPI throttle plates, then I cut the center, and fabricated a one piece throttle plate. I'll have it benched soon, but it should flow very very well. Also going with Dimented's PCM w/MAF system....

Fast just achieved a high 11 second pass with his naturally aspirated 305 (bored out to the 312) TBI inspired engine, mind you, he did get the car down to under 3000-lbs though (but it would, of course, still be a solid twelve second car, even w/stock weight)....

With the concept I have behind this 350, along with the boost, ten seconds in the 1/4 will be absolutely no problem. I'm honestly shooting for nine's though with this thing. As you can see, I already started removing a lot of weight. Not going too drastic with this thing, yet I'm confident I'll have the car down to at least 3100-lbs...

Transmission is last believe it or not. I love the manual, but this engine will call for an auto w/stall though. Still up in the air. It's going to be a good build, and everything will be documented for the TBI'ers....

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information