Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Street Lethal I didn't doubt you bro, just didn't realize you were pulling that much power. This ...

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I didn't doubt you bro, just didn't realize you were pulling that much power. This will be an excellent race (if you can make it down to the track), as it will embellish the difference between "average" power vs "peak" power....

I'd rather not race on Route 18, as that would be extremely dangerous. Even Route 9 nowadays, there's just too much police out there, not to mention those innocent pedestrians. I only race all out @ the track...

I mean, if you wanna mess around from stop light to stop light, I'm down. However, that would definitely be to my advantage though. Consider this Friday night bro, I don't mind 'lending' you some DR's for the night. However, as for the clutch, your on your own lol.....
    i know you werent doubtin. i just got excited cause i can post up pics now. doin it when i get the chance. did you see my dyno sheet by the way.lol
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...nosheet001.jpg
    ive never had a scheduled street race before just mess around when the time is right. you tellin me you dont have a clutch for my car layin around your garage, come on lol

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs
    heya street lethal, i just verified my motor as being a 2.8 and not a 3.1L.dam junkyard lol.now i know why the motor had no intake on it when i picked it up. to late to do anything about it now though it dosent matter anyway, im gonna finish the assembly on the tt motor this weekend,and as soon as my gf has the baby im gonna drop it in the car
    Lemme guess, was the engine from B&B Salvage on Route 520? They are notorious for that. Many a time did they try passing off quite a few 305's as 350's for some of my buddies.....

Regardless, that's an extremely respectable time for a two ton, bone stock 2.8, with boost pressure under ten pounds. Stock, those 2.8's were lucky to see 17 seconds in the quarter (with even less weight)....

I'm excited for you bro. Congratulations w/the baby....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677
    i know you werent doubtin. i just got excited cause i can post up pics now. doin it when i get the chance. did you see my dyno sheet by the way.lolhttp://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...nosheet001.jpg
    .... very impressive dyno numbers. This is why I mentioned it's going to be an excellent "average" vs "peak" run.

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Lemme guess, was the engine from B&B Salvage on Route 520? They are notorious for that. Many a time did they try passing off quite a few 305's as 350's for some of my buddies.....

Regardless, that's an extremely respectable time for a two ton, bone stock 2.8, with boost pressure under ten pounds. Stock, those 2.8's were lucky to see 17 seconds in the quarter (with even less weight)....

I'm excited for you bro. Congratulations w/the baby....

nope actually it was geincola over on harts lane in eastbrunswick.
    stock 2.8's in a stock wieght car run in the 18's, the 3.1's go in the 17's

thnx man were expecting any day now

2009 Corvette ZO6

stock 2.8's in a stock wieght car run in the 18's, the 3.1's go in the 17's...
    With stock weight being what, 3200-3400 lbs? A four second drop in ET, with just the addition of a turbo charger, w/under 10-psi, while adding an additional 400-500 pounds to the car's overall weight, is unreal. Like I was telling the others over on another forum, bring the car back to stock weight, up the boost some (lose the 4.10 cogs, and install the stockers), and you'll be in the low 13's, high 12's.... IN A STOCK 2.8 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

.... very impressive dyno numbers. This is why I mentioned it's going to be an excellent "average" vs "peak" run.
    youll have to explain avg. vs. peak run.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677
    youll have to explain avg. vs. peak run.
    No problemo. Gimme the full specs of the camshaft, first....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

With stock weight being what, 3200-3400 lbs? A four second drop in ET, with just the addition of a turbo charger, w/under 10-psi, while adding an additional 400-500 pounds to the car's overall weight, is unreal. Like I was telling the others over on another forum, bring the car back to stock weight, up the boost some (lose the 4.10 cogs, and install the stockers), and you'll be in the low 13's, high 12's.... IN A STOCK 2.8 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!
    i may just get the car down to that this week, tom the system is comming out of the car( about 250-300 pounds) and im getiing rid of some of the suspension(front end bracing i had installed when the plan was to autox the car)
    that stuff prolly totals another 50 pounds,ac box and ac compressor are also getting tossed.

hopefully ill be able to run the car this weekend, if i get everything done, it should make for a very interesting track day. btw next time back out im running the slicks 26x9.0x15 non dot

2009 Corvette ZO6

i may just get the car down to that this week, tom the system is comming out of the car( about 250-300 pounds) and im getiing rid of some of the suspension(front end bracing i had installed when the plan was to autox the car) that stuff prolly totals another 50 pounds,ac box and ac compressor are also getting tossed.

hopefully ill be able to run the car this weekend, if i get everything done, it should make for a very interesting track day. btw next time back out im running the slicks 26x9.0x15 non dot
    Already started telling the competition around here that the meet will take place later on in June, which should be more than enough time for everyone to get some mods together, and installed. Can understand why some of you guys don't want to make any preliminary runs, although you should practice your launching though....

That's honestly what I plan on doing this weekend. I'm purposely easing off once the 1/8th is realized, mainly concerned with my reaction time, and sixty foot.... as well as not wanting to get booted from the track.

Dave, can set up a few races with the locals around here if you want. One of my neighbors just got his hands on an STI (stock), and is looking for some action. If you need some help yanking that stuff outta there, lemme know.

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Already started telling the competition around here that the meet will take place later on in June, which should be more than enough time for everyone to get some mods together, and installed. Can understand why some of you guys don't want to make any preliminary runs, although you should practice your launching though....

That's honestly what I plan on doing this weekend. I'm purposely easing off once the 1/8th is realized, mainly concerned with my reaction time, and sixty foot.... as well as not wanting to get booted from the track.

Dave, can set up a few races with the locals around here if you want. One of my neighbors just got his hands on an STI (stock), and is looking for some action. If you need some help yanking that stuff outta there, lemme know.
    well i successfully dropped just about 300 pounds out of the car today, ( im already missing the dam system).the car is going on a huge diet,if it dosent affect safety, or driveabilty is getting taken off and getting thrown out lol. The 3:42's are going back in on Saturday or Sunday.
    i just ordered the megasquirt, i need to round up a few more pieces for that(46# injectors) and then ill be installing that prolly sometime next week

yeah a few races couldnt hurt, but ill be going much faster next time out,

wanna come put and help me get the megasquirt wired up and installed?

2009 Corvette ZO6

well i successfully dropped just about 300 pounds out of the car today, ( im already missing the dam system).the car is going on a huge diet,if it dosent affect safety, or driveabilty is getting taken off and getting thrown out lol. The 3:42's are going back in on Saturday or Sunday.

i just ordered the megasquirt, i need to round up a few more pieces for that(46# injectors) and then ill be installing that prolly sometime next week

yeah a few races couldnt hurt, but ill be going much faster next time out,

wanna come put and help me get the megasquirt wired up and installed?
    Damn snow again, looks like tonight is definitely out. Hopefully the weather will clear up by tomorrow, cuz I refuse to go back to the track on Sunday again lol....

Lemme know when you'll be installing the megasquirt. I have to work tomorrow, but I'll be back from the city around 4:00PM-5:00PM. Shouldn't take that long to install, and tune....

I knew that system was heavy, my goodness lmao....!

blue
    89 Camaro RS

well my gf gave birth to our daughter tongiht, 8lbs 1 oz,

i donno whats gonna happen with the car now we had both decided to keep it and still drive it but i think im gonna put the car away in storage for awhile.

that's rite daddy

2009 Corvette ZO6

well my gf gave birth to our daughter tongiht, 8lbs 1 oz, i donno whats gonna happen with the car now we had both decided to keep it and still drive it but i think im gonna put the car away in storage for awhile....
    Congratulations again bro, she is absolutely beautiful. Don't let the members on the other forum push you into a drastic decision. If you need to put the car away for awhile, that's totally understandable. You have an obligation now, one that will last you for a lifetime. She must come first...

As for the LS1.com open competition in June, I'll be bringing both cars to run that day. The '92 will not be employing the 3.1, as I honestly have something else up my sleeve. If your '89 is still in storage by then, your more than welcome to run my Third Generation Firebird....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Congratulations again bro, she is absolutely beautiful. Don't let the members on the other forum push you into a drastic decision. If you need to put the car away for awhile, that's totally understandable. You have an obligation now, one that will last you for a lifetime. She must come first...

As for the LS1.com open competition in June, I'll be bringing both cars to run that day. The '92 will not be employing the 3.1, as I honestly have something else up my sleeve. If your '89 is still in storage by then, your more than welcome to run my Third Generation Firebird....
    im not letting anyone push me,but i will be backing up my old record run this season,11's are deff in view this year.My gf isnt gonna let me put the car away since we already have everything to finish the car.so its not gonna cost anything to complete it.
    though the car actually getting driven or raced is a diff story.though i know we are already planing on the f-body nationals and the swap meet.as of right now those our our only plans this year.

whats up with ur 3.1? u getting rid of the motor? that things ripe for a direct port nitrous setup if u are (250shot) lol i have a manifold taped for direct port with nozzles lol

2009 Corvette ZO6

My '98 LS1 is almost finished believe it or not, just have a few minor things to finish up, then I'll only video it making it's burn out, and bi-run for ths thread. I already have a white t-shirt embellishing "LS1.com" on the back, came out really sweet. So if anyone see's some guy wearing that over by e-town before the event, it's me....

I can't get myself to build the 3.1 Dave. I've had a 350 lying around the garage for quite some time, along with a crappy set of Edelbrock shorties. Gonna flip one of them over, and install a "cheap" turbo from the boneyard (just need you to make the flange for the header, and down pipe leading to the cat). Already had an '89 TPI system, w/ECM and wiring lying around for awhile, so the MAF oriented system will allow for it to read boost (gonna be a very cheap, but VERY FAST build)....

im not letting anyone push me,but i will be backing up my old record run this season,11's are deff in view this year.My gf isnt gonna let me put the car away since we already have everything to finish the car.so its not gonna cost anything to complete it.

though the car actually getting driven or raced is a diff story.though i know we are already planing on the f-body nationals and the swap meet.as of right now those our our only plans this year.

whats up with ur 3.1? u getting rid of the motor? that things ripe for a direct port nitrous setup if u are (250shot) lol i have a manifold taped for direct port with nozzles lol

blue
    89 Camaro RS

ur not gonna find anything large enough in the junkyard,mostly t3's and t25's
    id get a t70 or larger off ebay.something with atleast a .84 ar on the hotside.

what ya doing with the 3.1?

2009 Corvette ZO6

Gonna flip one of them over, and install a "cheap" turbo from the boneyard (just need you to make the flange for the header, and down pipe leading to the cat)....
    Actually, I'll need you to fabricate the entire system. I'm installing a Walbro intank fuel pump soon, and need to get my hands on a 12 bolt rear. The air condition system was tossed long ago, and a non-ac heater box is already in place (so there's plenty of room to work with).

Not going overkill with the build, as I'm running a T5 tranny that I had lying around (it's weak, but it should last, as the engine isn't built for ground pounding torque). It's had the CC-306 cam in it since built, and I'm leaving it in there. TPI system was already ported matched long ago (the ole golf ball method lol). Should be a solid eleven second performer, without breaking anything...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information