Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Cannot believe I've been up this early, especially on a non -working day lol. I'm only a mere block from ...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Cannot believe I've been up this early, especially on a non-working day lol. I'm only a mere block from Route 9, and already I'm hearing the sound of lawn-mowers (j/k) coming in from New York to do battle....

I hope traffic is good on Texas Road, as I think the Englishtown flea market is also open, and that alone causes major delays. Weather looks freaking great. Sunny, with a high of close to 60!!!

Phone is on, gimme a call when you get there.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs
    i blew up my worked motor last year,so the cars had a bone stock 3.1 in it for some time now.though even on the stock engine it should still pull some nice 13 sec slips.on the other hand im almost done building a 3.3L twin turbo motor thats going into the car in april,ill be looking for low 11's or better with that setup.
    Jeez-louise, time really flies. Had no idea you blew up that motor from last year. Either way, thirteen seconds from a bone stock 3.1 V6 needs to get on tape. LS1.com's event will be in a few months (preferrably Summer), so I'm sure your new engine will be in and ready to go....

Also, lemme know if you need that ignition module. When I pulled the 3.1 from the '92, it's been sitting in my garage since. I'm actually considering throwing it back in, and seeing what it will do... but I've been collaborating with a few people for the last week via e-mail, and the ProCharger for the '98 is as good as purchased....

Now I need a stronger rearend, and a custom rollbar. I don't want to fabricate my own (no time), so if anyone knows where I can get strong one, with black padding wrapped around it (for a decent price), that would help out tremendously...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Dave, I'm leaving now. I just left a message on your voice-mail. Hopefully you didn't try calling before to tell me that your car's not running, cuz I could have easily picked you up and take you over to the track myself. Anyways, I need coffee very very badly (and a pack of advil) lmao. See you in a few (probably get there in about 45 minutes to an hour, as first stop is White Castles. Don't ask, it's a tradition with us lol)....

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Street Lethal, I was at Street Wars & holy christ was there alotta Civics! I got there alil after 12pm & they were only letting in spectators so I couldn't run my car... All I saw LS1-wise were some Vettes, 2 Firebirds, & 1 Camaro (That ran 18sec)... I saw some LT1/4's that did pretty good (Mid 13's). Did you run anything?

blue
    89 Camaro RS

me and my gf left around 12:45 and i know street lethal left the same time we did ,,though he was supposed to go back.we didnt run our car today though i was dying to,but we had some ignition system problems,were going back on wensday night to run the car though

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Street Lethal, I was at Street Wars & holy christ was there alotta Civics! I got there alil after 12pm & they were only letting in spectators so I couldn't run my car...
    Hey Mike. We both left at around 12:45pm, but I came back not too long afterward with my buddy in his 07 Eclipse. I have a lot of races on video, and even more video of the pit area....

Both Dave and I were helping this one guy earlier in the day, a Black third generation Camaro (but with a body kit), that resembled "The Wraith". Guy needed help, big time, so Dave and I helped him adjust his TV cable for the tranny (was way out of whack), and also noticed he had no timing advance whatsoever. You might of seen him, he was the guy running in the 17's....

Place was PACKED even before they opened. I got there at 9:30am, but didn't get inside until 10:45 lmao. There were EVO's everywhere, with those Civics pulling in around noon. Oh my goodness was that place mobbed....

All I saw LS1-wise were some Vettes, 2 Firebirds, & 1 Camaro (That ran 18sec)... I saw some LT1/4's that did pretty good (Mid 13's). Did you run anything?
    I initially paid to race when I got in, but a lot of my friends were running late though, and I went there with the wife's car. My friend with the '95 GSX was so frustrated (he was behind me in line), I seen him back up, and pull away. I then got a text from him that he would be back once it settled down, but he came back when eliminations were just starting (I don't blame him)....

Earlier in the day, there were quite a few LS1/LS2 GTO's, a Pace Car vette, C4 vette, and plenty of old school muscle. They were destroying everything in their paths, in fact, they were the only true outlaw class there. Did you see that White 80's Porsche? The one that ran eleven seconds flat? I spoke with him later on in the day,and he was running only 10 pounds of boost. Said he'll be running here all season long, so one of our members will have their hands full with this guy....

I HATE bracket racing. Although, individually, it's a good drivers test, but I just hate the concept of it. I'm a heads up guy, run what ya brung. Didn't want to come back and run my car against some fifteen second Civic, with the Civic winning because I either red-lined, or ran faster than my quoted time. My buddy ran though. He didn't win, but he threw down some decent numbers. Averaged eleven seconds for the day....

Dave, the 3.1 is going back in my '92. I have an itch to build it, but I have to take my time though as my ProCharger needs to be attended to one it arrives. I'm switching to speed density on the LS1, and need to get things right, in respect to tuning, so the 3.1 will be a slow process, but will happen....

You should have ran Dave. Your car seemed ready (but then again third gear wasn't realized in the back, there was no room of course). Despite that, I just loved it when the Import crowd would gather around your car and ask questions. Way to represent! Had it been "heads up", with you actually running, I think you might have taken the outlaw class...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

yeah the car did well in the back while messing around,but as we were leaving it fuckced up on the entrance gate road,though the car will be ready for wensday night

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Wow, yea there were Evo's, Civics, & alot of SRT-4's... Did you see the one black SRT-4 w/ the sticker of the guy pissin on the word "Evo", he's got some balls! I saw the white Porsche run but they didn't post his numbers on the board. I also hate bracket racing only because they truely aren't getting on it... I only saw people break into the 9's as I was walking up from the parking lot. Oh yea, that low 13sec Chevy Diesel truck & Hummer were freakin awesome!!

blue
    89 Camaro RS

actually i just spoke with the gf,the only way were gonna go and run on wensday night is if those v6 guys are going so i can take a look at the 4thgen cars and talk to those guys about doing some turbo stuff.

i also need to come up with a firejacket before wensday,worst comes to worst ill try to borrow my uncles firejacket if it fits me lol

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs
    yeah the car did well in the back while messing around,but as we were leaving it fuckced up on the entrance gate road,though the car will be ready for wensday night
    ... when we lined up with each other as we were leaving, I mentioned that my wife's car is stock. However (Lethal takes a quick look around the room), I have a CheaTR cam in her car, and she has absolutely no idea lol. Had the cam lying around the garage, so I just installed in there a few months back. The only other mod on that car is a lid.

We'll be down there on Wednesday night, I just need to see what time I'm scheduled to work that day. If I'm scheduled late, should get there by around 8:00 - 8:30. I just got back from the store, and their are cars being trailored over there today. Too out of it for today though....

Wow, yea there were Evo's, Civics, & alot of SRT-4's... Did you see the one black SRT-4 w/ the sticker of the guy pissin on the word "Evo", he's got some balls! I saw the white Porsche run but they didn't post his numbers on the board. I also hate bracket racing only because they truely aren't getting on it... I only saw people break into the 9's as I was walking up from the parking lot. Oh yea, that low 13sec Chevy Diesel truck & Hummer were freakin awesome!!
    A lot of guys were posting no times, which I also find to be so very useless (that's what Wednesday and Friday nights are for lol). That spanish guy driving the white Porsche showed me his timeslip, and that's when we started getting into boost. I have a thing against Porsche's, I HATE them. I once had a C4 Corvette, also dubbed "Street Lethal", and I lined up with this turbo Porsche once (quite a few years ago). We both completed our burn outs, and pulled up to the tree....

Announcer immediately emphasized on the loud speaker, "this Corvette is going to get his doors blown off", and I'm thinking to myself, "geeeet the *uck outta here". Suddenly, the tree dropped, the Porsche spooled, and finished with a 9.4, to my 11.3. Ever since then, I've HATED Porsche's....

When I got back there the second time, I was mainly in the pits filming, didn't really hit the stands much. Your right though, there were a ton of EVO's and SRT4's there. What was really hilarious though, was when they started swapping announcers. The races were being described in Spanish LMAO. I felt like I was in another freaking country, for crying out loud. Was a really good time though. However, tis just the tip of the iceburg....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    When I got back there the second time, I was mainly in the pits filming, didn't really hit the stands much. Your right though, there were a ton of EVO's and SRT4's there. What was really hilarious though, was when they started swapping announcers. The races were being described in Spanish LMAO. I felt like I was in another freaking country, for crying out loud. Was a really good time though. However, tis just the tip of the iceburg....
    They started announcing the races in Spanish??

Thats the point I think I would have demanded a refund and walked out. Thats ridiculous, we speak ENGLISH in this country, people can either learn it or get the hell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    They started announcing the races in Spanish??

Thats the point I think I would have demanded a refund and walked out. Thats ridiculous, we speak ENGLISH in this country, people can either learn it or get the hell out.
    Wow man, I 100% agree with you. That is absurd and I would left LOL

2009 Corvette ZO6

^ I know guys lol. It's not enough that Toyota has to be the "new" sponsor for the next couple of years here at Raceway, but must they throw in spanish speaking announcers into the mix? LMAO!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Wow man, I 100% agree with you. That is absurd and I would left LOL
    Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way at least.

2009 Corvette ZO6

I can understand how you feel bro, and I agree with you, believe me. However, I will never let ANY group of people take me away from what I love doing most. I can guarantee you that the park did what they did, reluctantly, because it was a "street wars" event, and about fifty percent of the racers didn't understand English....

Its true man, I dont like this press 1 for Spanish either. Our ancestors came to this country and had to speak/learn English in order to function here. Now we are catering to Spanish speaking people. Ridiculous.

2009 Corvette ZO6

EE, let's not even delve into that bro. I totally agree with you guys, but such a problem is way beyond Raceway Park's control, it's a political problem. Anyways, we're headed back their Wednesday for a couple of runs, anyone interested in a little test and tune session...

EE, let's not even delve into that bro. I totally agree with you guys, but such a problem is way beyond Raceway Park's control, it's a political problem. Anyways, we're headed back their Wednesday for a couple of runs, anyone interested in a little test and tune session...

I wish, yesterday seemed like a great track day. I was stuck at work

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    I wish, yesterday seemed like a great track day. I was stuck at work
    Was really hoping to meet up with you there. Thought for sure you'd be there, but I did not come across one blue Evo lol. It was a good time nonetheless, aside from the little things mentioned. Hope my wife doesn;t read this, but DAMN, some of the chicks that were there were, well, you know what I'm getting at lol....

Was really hoping to meet up with you there. Thought for sure you'd be there, but I did not come across one blue Evo lol. It was a good time nonetheless, aside from the little things mentioned. Hope my wife doesn;t read this, but DAMN, some of the chicks that were there were, well, you know what I'm getting at lol....
    LOL Thats funny man. I wont be able to make it to the track until after April 17th since I work Saturdays. My car is apart anyway and I never have time to work on it (or I dont feel like it when I get home anyway)

Mike actually called me while I was at work and said he thought he saw me run so there had to be at least one blue EVO there!

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information