Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Street Lethal Will do Mike... Oh no, the cam will definitely be staying in. The boost, unfortunately, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Will do Mike...

Oh no, the cam will definitely be staying in. The boost, unfortunately, will have to be limited though. Later on, when a happy compression medium is realized, I can up the boost (and more than likely swap the cam)....
    Oh no I didnt mean take it out in general (that would be silly LOL), I meant change it to a Forced induction cam. I was under the impression there is a big difference and much more power to be had with it.

Lakewood
    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Oh no I didnt mean take it out in general (that would be silly LOL), I meant change it to a Forced induction cam. I was under the impression there is a big difference and much more power to be had with it.
    There you go again with that import > domestic stuff, when are you gonna learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
    WOW. Im talking about removing his current cam which is setup for motor and replacing it with a cam that is meant for a forced induction setup (supercharger or turbo). What the hell are you talking about? Mind your own business.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood
    Lakewood, EE1983 is absolutely right. Although my camshaft will make very good numbers with a Procharger, it is not specifically tailored for boosted applications. For the amount of boost that I will eventually be running, a cam with much less overlap is definitely in order....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Lakewood, EE1983 is absolutely right. Although my camshaft will make very good numbers with a Procharger, it is not specifically tailored for boosted applications. For the amount of boost that I will eventually be running, a cam with much less overlap is definitely in order....
    Otherwise you'll be bleeding off boost!! No good!!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Lakewood.....ill give you some good advice.......GO AWAY!!!! You are incompetent and ignorant........

BTW i would like to go up there and run.......i would def trailer my car or if not have at least 2k on me

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    BTW i would like to go up there and run. i would def trailer my car or if not have at least 2k on me...
    That would be something else if you could make the trip all the way over. There are some mega-quick SRT-4's that race here, and you'll definitely fit right in...

Something about those turbo cars that get's the blood flowing, especially that "turbo sneeze" (Grand Nationals in particular, extremely distinctive) after each burn out...

I on the other hand am definitely looking to make more than one run that day, which means, you guessed it, roll bar. I do not want to jeapordize my car, but hey, I gotta do what I gotta do <insert Soprano accent>....

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I might make it out, it's a 2 hour drive, depends on the day....I'm supposed to race some idiot with a built evo and take his 100 bucks from him with my inferior evo =p

Idiot agreed to race me on pump gas with a 35r....he wont have a chance.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8
    I might make it out, it's a 2 hour drive, depends on the day...
    Excellent. Be sure to bring that EVO of yours on up. It's more than likely going to be on a Saturday. It'll be scheduled way in advance, so there will be plenty of time for everyone to prepare for (additional 'mod' wise, especially)...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Sounds like fun! Im going to have to try and borrow some drag radials for this, my Dunlops are gonna kill me off the line!
    Providing the weather is good (supposed to be sunny this weekend), Dave is running his boosted Camaro this weekend over at Raceway Park. This would be a very good time to meet up with us, as I think he's scheduled to race a Honda Civic claiming close to four hundred WHP...

I'm not racing this weekend, as I'm saving it for this event. However, this would be a great day to meet up with us, meet each other, and discuss the upcoming event in even greater detail. Also, for those running a fourth generation (and third) F-Body, and are contemplating a turbo system, this is your chance to see one first hand, as he specifically designs them for these cars...

Hope some of you can make it out this weekend, as I'd like to meet a few of you before this event happens...

when exactly are some of you headin down there. id also like to meet up before the event.

Providing the weather is good (supposed to be sunny this weekend), Dave is running his boosted Camaro this weekend over at Raceway Park. This would be a very good time to meet up with us, as I think he's scheduled to race a Honda Civic claiming close to four hundred WHP...

I'm not racing this weekend, as I'm saving it for this event. However, this would be a great day to meet up with us, meet each other, and discuss the upcoming event in even greater detail. Also, for those running a fourth generation (and third) F-Body, and are contemplating a turbo system, this is your chance to see one first hand, as he specifically designs them for these cars...

Hope some of you can make it out this weekend, as I'd like to meet a few of you before this event happens...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677
    when exactly are some of you headin down there. id also like to meet up before the event.
    Weather has finally cleared up today, and it looks to be a good day tomorrow. I honestly like to get there as early as possible, which means, between 10:00am to 12:00pm, for me (if I don't go out tonight, of course...

If you come down, look for a blue '89 Camaro, a blue '98 Trans Am, a Burnt orange '07 Eclipse-GT, and a black '95 Eclipse GSX. There should be a few more of us, but I'm not sure who's running, and who's watching...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

heya street thnx for the heads up,anyways its a 50/50 shot on me running the car tom,im still having some ignition problems witht he car.(anything more then 7psi of boost and the ignition is breaking up over 4,000 rpms).but regardless im still going,hopefully ill the problem sorted out so the car can be run.but u guys that are interested in seeing the turbo setup can come check it out,ill prolly get there as gates open tom

89 RS 3.1L v6 1LE suspension,wonderbar ,3way drag shocks ,(iroc taillights,gauge cluster,steering wheel,rims)
    t67 turbo 27+ psi,100 wetshot,and a 4500 converter

2009 Corvette ZO6

I might have a spare ignition module lying around from my old 3.1 set-up. I'll take a look when I get home. Yeah, I'm going to try to get there when the gates open as well, as tomorrow (weather permitting) is going to be an absolute mad house!

Street Wars

blue
    89 Camaro RS

I might have a spare ignition module lying around from my old 3.1 set-up. I'll take a look when I get home. Yeah, I'm going to try to get there when the gates open as well, as tomorrow (weather permitting) is going to be an absolute mad house!

Street Wars
    thnx man,hey check ur pms on tgo

98 Z28 M6

I'll tell ya, there's something about New Jersey and F-bodies that just go hand in hand.

I'll try to go for the main event. I'm in Morris County.

I'll let my sister know, also. She has an 01 WS6.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    I'll tell ya, there's something about New Jersey and F-bodies that just go hand in hand.

I'll try to go for the main event. I'm in Morris County.

I'll let my sister know, also. She has an 01 WS6.
    Where 'bouts in Morris county??

I'm from Hackettstown, in Warren

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe
    I'll tell ya, there's something about New Jersey and F-bodies that just go hand in hand. I'll try to go for the main event. I'm in Morris County. I'll let my sister know, also. She has an 01 WS6....
    Good deal! A few friends from Greenbrook township are racing w/us tomorrow. How far are you from Route 22, because your car looks extremely familiar....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs
    heya street thnx for the heads up,anyways its a 50/50 shot on me running the car tom...
    Dave, how much of a difference when you installed that 4000 stall speed converter? I can only imagine how you must be taking off from the dig. Hopefully you get that ignition ailment worked out by morning, cuz I need to get that V6 terror of yours on tape tomorrow....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Dave, how much of a difference when you installed that 4000 stall speed converter? I can only imagine how you must be taking off from the dig. Hopefully you get that ignition ailment worked out by morning, cuz I need to get that V6 terror of yours on tape tomorrow....
    well the converters a lil tight,but it makes a world of difference,before the converter the car would 60' in the 2.1-2.2 range,im expecting some 1.7-1.8 60's now if the dam 10 bolt holds together.i wouldnt expect to much out of my car right now.i blew up my worked motor last year,so the cars had a bone stock 3.1 in it for some time now.though even on the stock engine it should still pull some nice 13 sec slips.on the other hand im almost done building a 3.3L twin turbo motor thats going into the car in april,ill be looking for low 11's or better with that setup.
    alright im gonan get out and work on the car and see if i can get my ign problems sorted out,ill give ya a call when i get to the track
    Last edited by Boosted89rs; 03-03-2007 at 04:21 AM.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information