Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by EE1983 Why is that statement cocky? I said we wouldnt be a good matchup because I have ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Why is that statement cocky? I said we wouldnt be a good matchup because I have more mods than you. "Eding out" a stock LS1by a few tenths? Umm last time I checked you were the one running mid 13s and I ran 11.9 last time I was at the track. Thats on pump gas too. Thats a full second and a half quicker, not mention 10-12mph faster.
    With headers and an exhaust I'll be in the mid 12's. Thats only a half second difference, and there's no guarentee that you're going to pull an 11.9. In fact the odds are against you. I ran a 13.4 with a 2,000 RPM launch, feathering the clutch. And I was pretty much stock. You ran an 11.9 (or so you claim) launching at redline and frying your clutch. 10-12MPH faster?? Who are you kidding?? You're not even in the ballpark.

Also, since when do you "easily" get a head/cam package and "bolt it in" and just go. Last time I checked they are a couple grand, arent considerd a BOLT ON and take some time to install, then you definitely need a tune, along with some headers. Not exactly installed using a screwdriver and a rachet. But thats besides the point. Youre going to need some tire to hook.
    I can get a set of brand new Stage III LS6 heads for $1200. I could bolt them on in a day, and I'd be pushing at least 380HP at the wheels. Couple grand?? Nahh, sorry, its not some piece of shit improt that costs thousands of dollars to make fast. Not to mention, weren't you the one that claimed your cams were a "bolt on"?? But now that we're not talking about Evos, everything changes. I already have headers on the way (learn to read) and a tune is not a big deal.

Now Mr. AWD is going to preach to me about tires?? As if you know anything about RWD traction. I already have Eagle F1 GS 285/40's, and when its warm out they provide plenty of traction on the launch.

like how if you bolt in that H/C package youll need a new rear since that cant handle the power LOL.
    Right. There are guys in the 10's with the stock 10 bolt. Its all in how you treat it. Whats funny is the 10 bolt is about 3 times the size of your Evos differential, see our cars have this thing called "low end torque", doubt you've ever heard of it, and it tends to snap things when driven in an abusive manner.

Dumping money? I have all bolt-ons and pair of cams. I spent $400 on a clutch after the stocker kicked out at 52k. Thats dumping money huh? Comeon already, just quit that. Also, you need the head/cam package now to beat me? I thought you could do it with hardly any mods because Im a 4 banger?
    Right. As if upping the boost with an MBC doesn't play into the equation. Save your bullshit for someone who cares, the point is you've dropped a few grand into that car in order to hit low 12's. Dollar for dollar, and F-Body will stomp your ricebox into the ground. Funny how you like you challenge a practically stock one like myself, instead of someone with some mods that are on par with yours. Obviously you'd get your ass kicked, which is the reason you don't.

I can't just turn up my boost instantaneosly like you can in your little riceburner. Even with Heads and Cam, I'd still have less money invested in my car, and it would be just as fast. Not to mention I'd have a respectable trap speed in proportion to my ET, unlike your AWD econocar.

Youve been set on my transfer case blowing for quite some time now. Funny myself or any of my friends with 400+ EVOs have been just fine. Im at almost 70k miles with plenty of launches. So.. whens it going to happen? Keep using that as an excuse, see how far that gets you
    Do you not read what other Evo owners have to say?? Its a common occurance for Evos to blow transmissions and transfer cases. Just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean the issue doesn't exist. My 10 bolt is fine, does that mean it can't and won't ever blow?? No, you're just ignorant and won't accept the fact that your precious Evo isn't indestructible. I'd laugh my ass off if you launched at Englishtown and puked your transmission all over the track.

You need to use some common sense. I know it will be hard seeing as you don't have any, but you need to try. See, the Evos transmission is about the size of my rear differential, yet its got 5 gears and a differential in it. A transmission's strength is directly related to how large it is, since smaller components can't take as much stress as larger ones, given the same materials. Its simple physics, you obviously don't understand that though. Just because yours hasn't broken doesn't mean you aren't on borrowed time, or that its invincible. Your car isn't built for dragstip duty, 6K RPM launches, or pounding gears. Mitsubitchi took the piece of shit lancer and modified it to go around the twisties, not challenge F-Bodies at the track and end up breaking.

BTW, doesnt seem like you enjoy any competitiveness. Everytime you write something on here is sounds like youre about to shit yourself your so mad. Relax a little man. Just remeber, I said we wouldnt be a good matchup and Im right.
    I don't enjoy ricers like yourself coming on here and bragging about how your highly modified Evo can beat up on practically stock F-Bodies. You act like your car is better just because you've wasted thousands of dollars to make that POS fast. Good for you, I still think your car is a complete waste of time and money. Not to mention it sounds like a weedwacker is is built like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    With headers and an exhaust I'll be in the mid 12's. Thats only a half second difference, and there's no guarentee that you're going to pull an 11.9. In fact the odds are against you. I ran a 13.4 with a 2,000 RPM launch, feathering the clutch. And I was pretty much stock. You ran an 11.9 (or so you claim) launching at redline and frying your clutch. 10-12MPH faster?? Who are you kidding?? You're not even in the ballpark.

I can get a set of brand new Stage III LS6 heads for $1200. I could bolt them on in a day, and I'd be pushing at least 380HP at the wheels. I already have headers on the way (learn to read) and a tune is not a big deal.

Now Mr. AWD is going to preach to me about tires?? As if you know anything about RWD traction. I already have Eagle F1 GS 285/40's, and when its warm out they provide plenty of traction on the launch.

Right. There are guys in the 10's with the stock 10 bolt. Its all in how you treat it. Whats funny is the 10 bolt is about 3 times the size of your Evos differential, see our cars have this thing called "low end torque", doubt you've ever heard of it, and it tends to snap things when driven in an abusive manner.

I ran 11.9 with a 1.82 60" with a 4000rpm launch. Rev limit is 7900, I do not launch anywhere near there.

You went 106mph. I went 118mph. 118-106=12mph. Looks like youre way off.

You can get heads for 1200 OK... what about a cam, and Id say a tune is pretty necessary to really get the most out of the setup. Thats over $2000 no doubt. You need to brush on some math.

Either way, lets stop bickering, Ill see you at the track. Better get those head/cam or a 150 shot to make up that 12mph or more, because I wont be on pump gas.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I ran 11.9 with a 1.82 60" with a 4000rpm launch. Rev limit is 7900, I do not launch anywhere near there.
    Most of your time is in your launch, obviously. I'm sure if you lauched any higher the entire drivetrain would grenade. Like I said, your diff is the size of a grapefruit.

You went 106mph. I went 118mph. 118-106=12mph. Looks like youre way off.
    That was my first time at the track. I took off at 2,000RPM. Your car would have stalled from taking off that low. Track temps were over 100 degrees, and my car was still mostly stock besides 4.10 gears and a shitty 80 series muffler. Once again, way to compare your highly modified ricer to my practically stock Muscle car.

You can get heads for 1200 OK... what about a cam, and Id say a tune is pretty necessary to really get the most out of the setup. Thats over $2000 no doubt. You need to brush on some math.
    A cam isn't required when you change the heads. Unlike you, I need my car as a DD, I can't have it surging at low RPM's from an aggressive cam profile. And even if I did get the entire package, LS6 Heads, Cam, and Hardened Pushrods, it would be $1500 from Texas speed. And Like I said, which you didn't bother to read, a tune isn't a big deal. I can have someone with HP Tuners or LS1 Edit tune for a couple hundred bucks or less. Thats not over $2,000 there genius, maybe you need to finish high school.

Either way, lets stop bickering, Ill see you at the track. Better get those head/cam or a 150 shot to make up that 12mph or more, because I wont be on pump gas.
    Don't plan on seeing me at the track. I don't like you, I don't like your car, and I don't like your attitude. I'll be hanging out with the F-Body guys, I hate ricers like yourself.

Most of your time is in your launch, obviously. I'm sure if you lauched any higher the entire drivetrain would grenade. Like I said, your diff is the size of a grapefruit.
    Funny I guess you dont race often, just talk. My mph was 118. Which means I could have gone mid 11s with a HARD launch.

That was my first time at the track. I took off at 2,000RPM. Your car would have stalled from taking off that low. Track temps were over 100 degrees, and my car was still mostly stock besides 4.10 gears and a shitty 80 series muffler. Once again, way to compare your highly modified ricer to my practically stock Muscle car.
    Now im "highly" modified?

A cam isn't required when you change the heads. Unlike you, I need my car as a DD, I can't have it surging at low RPM's from an aggressive cam profile. And even if I did get the entire package, LS6 Heads, Cam, and Hardened Pushrods, it would be $1500 from Texas speed. And Like I said, which you didn't bother to read, a tune isn't a big deal. I can have someone with HP Tuners or LS1 Edit tune for a couple hundred bucks or less. Thats not over $2,000 there genius, maybe you need to finish high school.
    I didnt say it was required but we were talking about doing a head/cam package. Wow so youd spend $1800 or so... $2000 was an estimate, relax and stop trying to insult. Im a college graduate thanks.

Don't plan on seeing me at the track. I don't like you, I don't like your car, and I don't like your attitude. I'll be hanging out with the F-Body guys, I hate ricers like yourself.
    I didnt say we had to hang out. Just line up with me.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Funny I guess you dont race often, just talk. My mph was 118. Which means I could have gone mid 11s with a HARD launch.
    Maybe you could have. Your car would have broke though, thats a guarentee. I'm sure you know that already though, which is why you didn't do it.

Now im "highly" modified?
    You have thousands of dollars invested in your car. Compared to my car, you're highly modified.

I didnt say we had to hang out. Just line up with me.
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I don't want to see your face. I don't want to see your piece of shit car. I don't want to see cocky import owners who like to brag about their riceburners at an F-Body meet up. Is that clear enough for you??

this thread is way off subject...

Maybe you could have. Your car would have broke though, thats a guarentee. I'm sure you know that already though, which is why you didn't do it.

You have thousands of dollars invested in your car. Compared to my car, you're highly modified.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I don't want to see your face. I don't want to see your piece of shit car. I don't want to see cocky import owners who like to brag about their riceburners at an F-Body meet up. Is that clear enough for you??

Yeah my full bolts are a fortune haha.

Yeah youre right, it would have broken. I guess I should have told that to my friend who was next to me pulling 1.61s running mid 11s.

Yeah way off topic, Wesman, lets cut it, we're ruining this thread again

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

...So anyway, about this meet up at Raceway...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    ...So anyway, about this meet up at Raceway...
    yep, the meet... back to the main subject...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

guys come on lets keep on track

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quite a few local Third Generation F-Body's now want in as well. I just got back from Exxon, and those Import guys that hang around there are really looking forward to "cleaning our clocks". He he, bring it....!

Wes and EE don't necessarily have to run against each other (although everyone wants to see that, I'm sure). I honestly want everyone to be comfortable with each other at the track. No worries, no trouble, just a really good time....

2009 Corvette ZO6

EE1983, I have a really good match up for you in mind, and it's something that quite a few from another board will want to see as well. My buddy runs a Third Generation Camaro, w/3.1 Turbo. His old time was 12.6, w/16 pounds of boost (I don't recall mph), and no stall. Now, however, he's since upped the boost 'some' (hehe), and installed a 4000 stall speed converter. Haven't seen it yet since the upgrade, but from what I'm hearing, its definitely running in your range. A very cool guy to boot...

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    EE1983, I have a really good match up for you in mind, and it's something that quite a few from another board will want to see as well. My buddy runs a Third Generation Camaro, w/3.1 Turbo. His old time was 12.6, w/16 pounds of boost (I don't recall mph), and no stall. Now, however, he's since upped the boost 'some' (hehe), and installed a 4000 stall speed converter. Haven't seen it yet since the upgrade, but from what I'm hearing, its definitely running in your range. A very cool guy to boot...

Sounds like fun! Im going to have to try and borrow some drag radials for this, my Dunlops are gonna kill me off the line!

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Im going to have to try and borrow some drag radials for this, my Dunlops are gonna kill me off the line!
    I honestly wish I were able to borrow someone else's 12 bolt for this LOL. I'm still running the stock rear-end, and since the latest upgrades, although I hammer on it from a roll, I've yet to really plant it down from a dig...

I honestly wish I were able to borrow someone else's 12 bolt for this LOL. I'm still running the stock rear-end, and since the latest upgrades, although I hammer on it from a roll, I've yet to really plant it down from a dig...

I would have definitely thought youd have a Moser on there with your mods! Well hopefully no one breaks anything!

2009 Corvette ZO6

I would have definitely thought youd have a Moser on there with your mods! Well hopefully no one breaks anything!
    Once I had the cam dialed in, the tranny mount was in pieces not too long afterward. She's had some supension tweaks here and there since I've owner the car, but not the rear though, I just haven't had any time lately. Of course, if the ProCharger goes on, I have absolutely no choice but to install a stronger rearend. Hello home equity loan lol....

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Street Lethal, please keep me posted about an exact date & time... I'd really hate to miss this!

Once I had the cam dialed in, the tranny mount was in pieces not too long afterward. She's had some supension tweaks here and there since I've owner the car, but not the rear though, I just haven't had any time lately. Of course, if the ProCharger goes on, I have absolutely no choice but to install a stronger rearend. Hello home equity loan lol....

Haha I can only imagine. Would you change the cam if you put on the Procharger?

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Street Lethal, please keep me posted about an exact date & time... I'd really hate to miss this!
    Will do Mike...

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Haha I can only imagine. Would you change the cam if you put on the Procharger?
    Oh no, the cam will definitely be staying in. The boost, unfortunately, will have to be limited though. Later on, when a happy compression medium is realized, I can up the boost (and more than likely swap the cam)....

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information