Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223 LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I already know the cam specifications that I'm going with, been up with my cousin all night last night talking ...

2009 Corvette ZO6

I already know the cam specifications that I'm going with, been up with my cousin all night last night talking about it. Will reach out to Delta Cams very soon to have them grind one for me. That stall is perfect (2500-RPM range), it's goes well with the cam that we put together for the little three one turbo....

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs
    oh dam hey rob what stall speed u looking for?? ive got a converter at the shop 2400ish i belive id have to dbl check the part number. but u dont need anything really high with that car anyway...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I already know the cam specifications that I'm going with, been up with my cousin all night last night talking about it. Will reach out to Delta Cams very soon to have them grind one for me. That stall is perfect (2500-RPM range), it's goes well with the cam that we put together for the little three one turbo....
    lol i wasnt talking about the 3.1 car,i thought u were looking for one for the formy.

btw i hope u didnt go over .500 lift cause the heads cant go that high .490 is the max and thats cuttin it close, unless of course u machine the valve guides down

u only have one option, well 2 options for the 3.1 car
    #1 is a stock s10 pickup converter around 2,500 ish stall ( i broke 3-4 of these)
    #2 is a tci ssf 3,200-4k stall

none else makes a converter specific to the 60* v6 and a stocker/restalled stocker will not hold upto a turbo motor
    u need at min i 3k stall for the turbo i set u up with,and even with that u will have to make use of ms's antilag feature

blue
    89 Camaro RS

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/Conv...plications.asp
    SCROLL down and find
    part number 243200

only the 10 inch or smaller fits, u can specify stall speed from 3-4 k when u order, the price they give on the site is also not the actual price its cheaper when u call up

2009 Corvette ZO6

I'll post some pictures up of the new (well, not new, per ser) '91 Formula that I just picked up. Dave, decided not to turbo this car. Going to use the HSR that I have, along with the 350 block. Still need the stall though....

Severe thunder storm is supposedly scheduled for tonight. Hopefully it will pass though. If not, we'll go Friday for some runs. Mike, if you can, try to come down tonight if it doesn't rain. If you have the new intake, bring it with you so I can show you what needs to be done to it, before-hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs View Post
    a 20g will flow 57lbs min?
    Its actually around 47lb/min. The popular 50trim T3/T4 flows arond 49-50lbs.

blue
    89 Camaro RS

lol i dont know whats more interesting this thread, or everyones avatars lmfao
    rob just recived some bad news im not getting my megasquirt, after filing a claim with paypal the guy confesed that it never shipped and i wouldnt get it for prolly another month. so he issued me a refund.

so im gonna order one from diyautotune now,ill have it within 3-5 days.
    are u gonna order one as well? maybe we can get a discount on ordering 2 at the same time.

ee acording to the map i have for mine it says 56-57 lb but yeah i didnt think that small of a turbo could flow that much. even though it flows that much the maps are completly diff lol

2009 Corvette ZO6

You know what I do for a living bro, so a corporate woman gets my vote for hottest avatar. Tell me the one in my avatar isn't sweeeeeet.....

Find out if you can get a discount for two, and if so, lets go with it.....

The new Formy though, I'm just going to burn a chip for it....

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Bump for my awesome new sig pic!

2009 Corvette ZO6

^ Schweeet!

blue
    89 Camaro RS

its cool but the avatars are better lmao

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs View Post
    its cool but the avatars are better lmao
    Well, DUH! LMAO!

2009 Corvette ZO6

..... LOL

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Rob,
    The intake should be here 2morrow according to tracking (also w/ brand new gaskets). I have the header bolts, O2 simms, gaskets, & just put on header wrap. I'm keeping off the cats, AIR, & EGR, so that should shorten installation time. I also have an oil catch can for the PCV that's gonna be thrown on. I have the 3.73's w/ master install kit. I was wondering if you were free this coming weekend. We can do the intake one day & the headers maybe the weekend after if it's to much? I was also wondering if you could tune it and if so, do you want me to buy a seperate license for my vin? Lemme know man! Thanks!

blue
    89 Camaro RS

hey rod no discount, but i just went ahead and ordered mine, i ended up buying the one firstfirebird had goten, with a added knock sensor circut for ignition retard.
    though i did buy the tuning cable and wiring harness from diyautotune.

if u get ur stuff from them the total for a ms 1 v2.2 harness and tunning cable is 311$'s which is well worth the cost considering they actually get it to u within 3-5 days

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    I'm keeping off the cats, AIR, & EGR, so that should shorten installation time....
    We'll need to disable a few things then....

I also have an oil catch can for the PCV that's gonna be thrown on. I have the 3.73's w/ master install kit. I was wondering if you were free this coming weekend....
    I'll know for sure after today about this weekend. But either way, reach out to Dave (Boosted) regarding the 3.73's. It looks to be a free weekend, but even if something comes up, speak to Dave about the gear installation. Having a lift makes a world of difference when dealing with the rear....

We can do the intake one day & the headers maybe the weekend after if it's to much? I was also wondering if you could tune it and if so, do you want me to buy a seperate license for my vin? Lemme know man! Thanks!
    How is the spacing by your house? Enough room to work? I agree, intake manifold should go on first, that's the easy part. Headers will get on shortly after, but again, speak to Dave about the gearing, as that's the complicated part, and should get done first. The idea is to literally feel the difference per installation. Did you consider a stall yet.....?

Can definitely tune it for you Mike, but I'd rather you get it dyno tuned though. Can introduce you to Carmen over at the Vette Doctors for that, or if you'd simply be happy with me giving it a quick EFI-Live tune, no problemo....
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 05-18-2007 at 08:38 AM.

2009 Corvette ZO6

hey rod no discount, but i just went ahead and ordered mine, i ended up buying the one firstfirebird had goten, with a added knock sensor circut for ignition retard. though i did buy the tuning cable and wiring harness from diyautotune....
    I take it FirstFirebird gave up on the project....?

if u get ur stuff from them the total for a ms 1 v2.2 harness and tunning cable is 311$'s which is well worth the cost considering they actually get it to u within 3-5 days...
    Sounds good....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I take it FirstFirebird gave up on the project....?
    no he is gonna buy another one, it was just faster to buy it from him, then to order one with the knock cicrcut.

2009 Corvette ZO6

no he is gonna buy another one, it was just faster to buy it from him, then to order one with the knock cicrcut....
    I'll order the Mega-Squirt when I get home from work bro. Definitely will be installing it even without the turbo installed, as I'm dying to see how easy it is to tune on the fly.....

Gonna leave the LS1 at home, and take the 3.1 over to the track. Don't expect big numbers without the turbo, as I'll be lucky if I even "break" into the 17's, even with the good air tonight.....

Doesn't look like rain, so maybe I'll get my cousin and all of his tuning buddies to come and race. Mike, if you can, drop by and bring that new aluminum intake. It needs to be velocity ported before we actually install it....

6sw00, are you coming down tonight....?

2009 Corvette ZO6

I hope everybody realizes that it's not about "Raceway Park" on June 17th. It's about meeting some of the locals up with each other, REGARDLESS what your driving, and having a good freaking time. I'm sure we'll all be racing each other, as well as all of the others that will already be there. I'm sure we'll even be hanging out afterward, and maybe take a ride on over to EE's territory (Route 37), and show all them sucka's what's up LOL.....

Seriously though, it'll be a good time, so leave your ego's at home. Gonna compile the entire day on video (whether we're track racing, or fooling around later on that night). Want Dave (Boosted) to edit the footage, and mix it up with some HARDCORE freaking music, as it's time to put LS1.com's tri-state division on the damn map....

Something similar to this but elaborating on each individual member, and their rides. Of course, it'll be much more than just one audio track....!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Rob, I'm not gonna be able to make it over to the track man. I'd like to just have it installed. There should be enough room to work in my apartment complex, but again, I don't have the tools to take this on. I'd love it if you could give me a good EFILive tune & also tune out the codes that are gonna be thrown. Thanx again man! Call me as soon as you know when you can head over. I'm right in "Pine Gate" in the back...

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information