Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345622 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss you need to bring this to the attention of more LS1 members i think It's honestly ...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    you need to bring this to the attention of more LS1 members i think
    It's honestly still in a preliminary stage. Again though, the bottom line is that we have a good time. Believe me when I tell you, getting local LSX owners to go will be very easy, as most of them will honestly be there already. When you come, your going to see a lot of these people . I'm really more concerned with filming our local members, and sharing with our other members....

Haha that would be fun, especially if it was for everyone to come and race! BTW do you really want to run a stock turbo'd EVO in your head/cam, stalled, lightened drag TA? LOL. Dont think thatd be much fun for you or me

EDIT: What car is that in your avatar? Looks like old Callaway Vette

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Haha that would be fun, especially if it was for everyone to come and race! BTW do you really want to run a stock turbo'd EVO in your head/cam, stalled, lightened drag TA? LOL. Dont think thatd be much fun for you or me...
    It's all in fun though, it doesn't matter who's matched up against who. The idea is to get some of our members together, have some fun racing, video it, and have LS1.com host the final result. I'd honestly like to see you and Wes going at it (I'm sure I speak for many when saying that)...

EDIT: What car is that in your avatar? Looks like old Callaway Vette...
    You are correct. That's a very rare Calloway Twin Turbo vette known as "Sledgehammer". Easy 10 second quarter mile times, and top speed of 250+ mph....

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    It's all in fun though, it doesn't matter who's matched up against who. The idea is to get some of our members together, have some fun racing, video it, and have LS1.com host the final result. I'd honestly like to see you and Wes going at it (I'm sure I speak for many when saying that)...

You are correct. That's a very rare Calloway Twin Turbo vette known as "Sledgehammer". Easy 10 second quarter mile times, and top speed of 250+ mph....
    Haha I know Im just messing. Actually you and I or even myself and Wes wouldnt be a good matchup in terms of mods because your way over my head and Im way over his. Either way, with all this nasty cold weather, Im pretty excited to go out and drive when the weather gets better!

Callaway Corvettes - man I used to sweat those things in grade school. I had a poster of one in my room for a long time! Cool stuff!

2009 Corvette ZO6

myself and Wes wouldnt be a good matchup in terms of mods. Im way over his head.
    Them there be fightin words in this here town....

Seriously, even if you out-mod him, it would still all be in fun. Remember though, a lot of it has to do with your reaction time, launch and sixty foot. You might run a better ET than Wes in the end, but if he gets there first (despite running a slower time), he wins. We definitely won't be bracket racing, that's for sure, it'll be heads up....

Them there be fightin words in this here town....

Seriously, even if you out-mod him, it would still all be in fun. Remember though, a lot of it has to do with your reaction time, launch and sixty foot. You might run a better ET than Wes in the end, but if he gets there first (despite running a slower time), he wins. We definitely won't be bracket racing, that's for sure, it'll be heads up....
    Yeah I despise bracket racing. I think its pretty lame - heads up is the way to go.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Also, I'm pretty sure Wes is going to have a few mods up his sleeve, from now until then. Mike needs to bring his Camaro, most definitely... need to get his @ss on tape!

I'm getting some PM's from some New Jersey guys without LS1's, and if your reading this, by all means, bring whatever you want to... just "bring it"!

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    you need to bring this to the attention of more LS1 members i think
    post it up in the Eastern region threads.
    if you ask a Mod he'd even make it a sticky for you...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly
    if you ask a Mod he'd even make it a sticky for you...
    True, I even contemplated posting this with the other forums I'm affiliated with. The problem though, is it might get out of hand. There are going to be tons of Imports and Domestics there already, so from a competitve standpoint, it's more than a given. The real concept though, is to get some (I'm being realistic) of LS1.com's members there, introduced, filmed, documented, and shared with our other members. If it turns into something greater, that would be excellent, but getting some of us racing against each other is the idea. It would be healthy for us, collectively, and even more healthy for the website...

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Mike needs to bring his Camaro, most definitely... need to get his @ss on tape!
    Who me? My Slow Z? LOL! This does sound like a great idea... I would see who is a member of LS1.com from the NJFBOA.org forums and invite them as well...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I'm game as long as i get my new rear before then...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Definitely guys, it's going to happen. At least ten LS1.com New Jersey members are down, and I'm sure the others that are stretching across the tri-state are contemplating it. I haven't continued this thread because I'm trying to set something up with Raceway Park first. Something similar to "Mopar vs the World", but of course, embellishing "LSX vs the World"....

I also scrapped (well, delayed, anyways) the Gale Banks TT concept on my '92. That build is very costly, and I'd much rather get my hands on a ProCharger by mid March for the '98, switching to Speed Density, then spend a few weeks testing and tuning her. Hoping to get her in the high 9's when all is said and done (w/traction, of course)....

NJFBOA.org are too scared to race heads up, they'd much rather sit there and twiddle their thumbs, while PC racing against each other. They don't have the nerve....! :O

Just kidding guys lol....

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

NJFBOA.org are too scared to race heads up, they'd much rather sit there and twiddle their thumbs, while PC racing against each other. They don't have the nerve....! :O

Just kidding guys lol....
    You crack me up man!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Haha I know Im just messing. Actually you and I or even myself and Wes wouldnt be a good matchup in terms of mods because your way over my head and Im way over his. Either way, with all this nasty cold weather, Im pretty excited to go out and drive when the weather gets better!

Callaway Corvettes - man I used to sweat those things in grade school. I had a poster of one in my room for a long time! Cool stuff!
    Man you really are cocky, aren't you?? Seems that all import owners are, I'm not surprised at all.

Whats funny is I could just as easily get a Heads/Cam package, bolt it on, and destroy your ricebox like its going backwards. But what would that prove?? That my car is faster than a piece of shit econobox?? Thats pointless for me, and a waste of time.

You just keep dumping money in that piece of crap, its funny for me. Make sure you come on here and tell is when the transaxle and transfer case blow apart all over the road. Oh yea, and in case you haven't realized by now, turbo lag isn't your friend. Hence the reason I'll never own a turbocharged 4 banger that sounds like a weedwacker, or anything Nipponese for that matter; its just pointless.

I'll race anyone at the track for fun, and if I do race you and you happen to beat me, don't think you're on top of the world. My car is practically stock besides the gears, so its no big achievement for you if you edge out a practically stock LS1 by a few tenths with your riceburner that has thousands of dollars invested in it. Thats not something I would brag about.
    Last edited by Wesman; 02-25-2007 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Man you really are cocky, aren't you?? Seems that all import owners are, I'm not surprised at all.

Whats funny is I could just as easily get a Heads/Cam package, bolt it on, and destroy your ricebox like its going backwards. But what would that prove?? That my car is faster than a piece of shit econobox?? Thats pointless for me, and a waste of time.

I'll race anyone at the track for fun, and if I do race you and you happen to beat me, don't think you're on top of the world. My car is practically stock besides the gears, so its no big achievement for you if you edge out a practically stock LS1 by a few tenths with your riceburner that has thousands of dollars invested in it. Thats not something I would brag about.
    Why is that statement cocky? I said we wouldnt be a good matchup because I have more mods than you. "Eding out" a stock LS1by a few tenths? Umm last time I checked you were the one running mid 13s and I ran 11.9 last time I was at the track. Thats on pump gas too. Thats a full second and a half quicker, not mention 10-12mph faster.

Also, since when do you "easily" get a head/cam package and "bolt it in" and just go. Last time I checked they are a couple grand, arent considerd a BOLT ON and take some time to install, then you definitely need a tune, along with some headers. Not exactly installed using a screwdriver and a rachet. But thats besides the point. Youre going to need some tire to hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You just keep dumping money in that piece of crap, its funny for me. Make sure you come on here and tell is when the transaxle and transfer case blow apart all over the road. Oh yea, and in case you haven't realized by now, turbo lag isn't your friend.
    Kind of like how if you bolt in that H/C package youll need a new rear since that cant handle the power LOL.

Dumping money? I have all bolt-ons and pair of cams. I spent $400 on a clutch after the stocker kicked out at 52k. Thats dumping money huh? Comeon already, just quit that. Also, you need the head/cam package now to beat me? I thought you could do it with hardly any mods because Im a 4 banger?

Youve been set on my transfer case blowing for quite some time now. Funny myself or any of my friends with 400+ EVOs have been just fine. Im at almost 70k miles with plenty of launches. So.. whens it going to happen? Keep using that as an excuse, see how far that gets you

BTW, doesnt seem like you enjoy any competitiveness. Everytime you write something on here is sounds like youre about to shit yourself your so mad. Relax a little man. Just remeber, I said we wouldnt be a good matchup and Im right.
    Last edited by EE1983; 02-26-2007 at 06:34 AM.

Also, if I did line up with you and beat you, I wouldnt think I was on top of the world. In fact, it would be worthless for me since your car isnt fast. I enjoy beating other fast cars.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lets simmer down now ,and not ruin the thread

let's get back to the main subject

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Man I wish I could fly to NJ just to see this

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Man I wish I could fly to NJ just to see this...
    It's all going to be on video, you'll see and hear everything, that's a promise....

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345622 ... LastLast

Thread Information