Page 1 of 23 1234521 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

I've been seeing more and more Tri-State members on this board, and I'm loving it. I'm throwing this idea out to those who might be interested. Why don't we set up a night (or two, or three) of racing over at E-Town, where our members can battle it out. This goes for all members, and all makes, all of them....

Representing LS1.com, we'll have some nice custom stickers specifically made for the occassion. The races will be on video, of course, and with mrr23's permission, will be "stickied" on the Kill Section, eliminating any doubt as to who runs what, and who will beat who. I already know who I'll be running <cough cough> EE1983 <cough cough>, and he better bring his A game....

We'll even have tuning sessions, for those who need a little bit of help, or who simply want to learn. I think it would be a great idea, as it will spread the word about this excellent website, it'll give quite a few us a chance to meet each other, and it's great entertainment for those who have no track access. They can simply download the races, and feel as if their there. Of course, there are so many more ideas to be added....

I don't want to hear it's too expensive to race there, as we can set such nights up months in advance. That's plenty of time to save for a mere three runs....

Also, from a business standpoint, it's a very good opportunity to reach out to some of the local vendors around here, who are unfamiliar with our site. Umm, can you say, increase in sponsors...

Your thoughts....?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i like it, how far would this be from Hartford Area CT?

i'm interested in goin

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    i like it, how far would this be from Hartford Area CT? i'm interested in goin
    How far are you from Stamford? I drove out there last summer, and got there and back in less than three hours. Mind you, I wasn't even racing any, and there was no traffic whatsoever. It sometimes takes me longer just getting there and back to Atlantic City, in the very same state, no less lol...

The above is why I'm thinking a "Saturday" as race day, (as opposed to Wednesday and Friday night), as the gates open up very very early, and wrapping things up by 5:00PM gives us more than enough time to take care of whatever we need to). I know a few people who work there, so setting things up will be the easy part. Making sure our members are safe both coming, and going though, is what I want to carefully delve into with everyone.

Leaving the track a little before, or after 5:00PM (especially in the spring) is perfect for out CT members. It'll obviously stay light out until 8-9:00PM, and traffic on a Saturday, going towards CT should be very very light (Sunday would be an entirely different story though lol). Getting here is the easy part....

Of course, there are plenty of cheap motels here, it's just a matter of picking which one (for those who prefer to stay over night), then leaving bright and early the following morning. Listings as to locations, and prices, can also be provided, if need be....

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

do u have the address / nearest address to the raceway so i can run a map quest,

ive never been to the strip before, this could be bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    do u have the address / nearest address to the raceway so i can run a map quest,

ive never been to the strip before, this could be bad lol
    Raceway Park

awesome idea hopefully more people will be down

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

so whats this gonna cost approx.?

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

also post this in the eastern members seciton

i c everybody's workin as hard as i am posting all day

In reference to cost, it honestly depends on how we set everything up. Renting out the track, privately, would "sound" costly (not if we pooled though, we'd actually save more that way), however, you want to take advantage of a day in which other spectators will be there. The primary objective, of course, is to have fun....

I recommend setting up our own "location" in the pit area where everyone will initially gather. We'll have our own designated runs, which will be recorded. Each member will have a chance to introduce themselves, and their cars. A DVD is in order, and the special features will embellish on each runner. Tuning, tech help, will all be there, exclusively. The fuel, as well as the racing will be the easy part. It all depends on just how far we take it....

To watch, any spectator can expect to pay around $15.00, to watch all day long (plenty of food and drink). To race, its about $35.00 for three runs (the prices vary according to the specific day). Like mentioned though, if planned months in advance, it can easily be saved for. The park doesn't really have to do anything specifically, only host us. We're doing all the work, and paying as if racing independently. Unless we plan it a different way, of course....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    In reference to cost, it honestly depends on how we set everything up. Renting out the track, privately, would "sound" costly (not if we pooled though, we'd actually save more that way), however, you want to take advantage of a day in which other spectators will be there. The primary objective, of course, is to have fun....

I recommend setting up our own "location" in the pit area where everyone will initially gather. We'll have our own designated runs, which will be recorded. Each member will have a chance to introduce themselves, and their cars. A DVD is in order, and the special features will embellish on each runner. Tuning, tech help, will all be there, exclusively. The fuel, as well as the racing will be the easy part. It all depends on just how far we take it....

To watch, any spectator can expect to pay around $15.00, to watch all day long (plenty of food and drink). To race, its about $35.00 for three runs (the prices vary according to the specific day). Like mentioned though, if planned months in advance, it can easily be saved for. The park doesn't really have to do anything specifically, only host us. We're doing all the work, and paying as if racing independently. Unless we plan it a different way, of course....
    Sounds good. I'd definitely be interested in attending

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Sounds good. I'd definitely be interested in attending
    I honestly already expected you to come and represent the LS1 crew. I caught a pic of your Trans Am the other day, that is one sweet ride you got there. It's going to look even sweeter while hauling @ss down the track...

Mike and the other New Jersians as well. We need to pick a day that is honestly good for everybody. If anyone has ideas regarding LS1.com stickers, or is a good designer, by all means, chime in. Should definitely be a group effort...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I honestly already expected you to come and represent the LS1 crew. I caught a pic of your Trans Am the other day, that is one sweet ride you got there. It's going to look even sweeter while hauling @ss down the track...

Mike and the other New Jersians as well. We need to pick a day that is honestly good for everybody. If anyone has ideas regarding LS1.com stickers, or is a good designer, by all means, chime in. Should definitely be a group effort...
    Thanks for the compliments

I'd love to come and represent the LS1 crew, maybe I'll have my headers by then too

That's a very good point. From now til then, I'm sure many of us will be adding to our set-ups. I'm pretty much finished with my '98, save for a ProCharger, but I doubt I'll have it on the engine, let alone in my possession, til the end of summer. The '92 should be ready by then, so I'll more than likely be running both of them...

Also, just to throw this out there. For simplicity, why don't we just run what we brung, heads up. Lets not worry about different time classes, as nobody is expecting a twelve second car to pull on a ten second car. However, a poor launch and 60 foot can reduce one's ET greatly, so nobody should be surprised when they see slower cars running quicker times than faster one's...

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

damn, I want to go... I doubt the g/f will be up for it though.

Quick update...

Quite a few local racers expressed an interest to me, and would just love to come down to challenge the LS1.com'ers, or as they put it, hand us our "@sses" (this one guy with an extremely fast Porsche is dying to take on my stock looking '98. Boy is he in for a freaking surprise)....

Mentioned in passing to some of the Import guys who work at one of our local Exxon's, heh, looks like we won't be racing ourselves after all guys. 9:00am - 5:00pm might not be enough time, as the Import crowd alone are a good thirty to forty cars, ready to throw down I might add. Might not be able to race each and every damn one, but will definitely get as much footage on video as possible. Looks to be a very interesting year....

Quote Originally Posted by whiteghoztt
    damn, I want to go... I doubt the g/f will be up for it though.
    This is why we plan it months in advance. Your girl will have an awesome time, as it's a relaxed environment (despite the constant sound of engines screaming to a gazillion RPM's). The weather should be ideal, with the food being even better. I'm really hoping to meet up w/all you guys...

Camera Angles....

The stock video footage will obviously be transferred to DVD after everything is edited. I wanted to get some opinions as to how you want to see the runs. The pit area is a given, as each members car will be entirely covered from bumper to bumper. But as far as the runs though, we have two video camera's, and my buddy agreed to record with the other one for me....

I'm thinking two camera's on opposite sides of the track, a little after the tree, facing the burn out boxes. The edited version will show each racer burning out from their own respected angles, then when finished, and both drivers approach the tree, we'll have one 'constant' stream all the way down the track...

Thoughts...?

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you need to bring this to the attention of more LS1 members i think

Thumbs up

I lived in Farmington CT for 15 yrs, been in Dallas for 3... went to UCONN as well.

Page 1 of 23 1234521 ... LastLast

Thread Information