Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; the new motor is cammed, but anyway just as i think im done i start up the car and pull ...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

the new motor is cammed, but anyway just as i think im done i start up the car and pull it outside to spray out the engine compartment and the dam tensinor starts to make noise.

lol atleast i have another one to change it out with

2009 Corvette ZO6

Typical. That always seems to happen (good thing it didn't happen when you got there lol)...

When will the new motor be in, and will it be ready to run with us come June....?

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Typical. That always seems to happen (good thing it didn't happen when you got there lol)...

When will the new motor be in, and will it be ready to run with us come June....?
    yeah it'll be ready for june.

lol im leaving at 7am taking the car to go pick up the system out of storage,install that real fast,then im stoping over at the carwash on rt18 to vacum out and detial the car before we head over

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs
    yeah it'll be ready for june.
    Good deal...!

lol im leaving at 7am taking the car to go pick up the system out of storage,install that real fast....
    Ohhh noooo LMMFAO!!!!!

then im stoping over at the carwash on rt18 to vacum out and detial the car before we head over...
    We're headed over there early as well, but first we'll of course make our traditional stop to White Castles. Good ole murder burgers....

Dave, could you post up a full shot of your car so that those of us reading here (if they come down) can stop and say hello...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

hows that lol

2009 Corvette ZO6

^ "excellent" <insert Montgomery Burns voice>

blue
    89 Camaro RS

lmfao u had to say white castle, now i want some, i havent had any since the last time i was down in tomsriver last summer

blue
    89 Camaro RS

i need a god dam miracle now.took the car out to make a few test runs.man it pulls so dam hard with the new manifold.well im in the middle of going wot and my afr guage pegs at dead rich.im like ok what now.let the car sit and idle and no change.

well to make a long story short i have a 3 wire heated o2.seems as though the heater shorted out,cause when i turn the car on i get 12 volts at the ecm signal wire.should opnly be 0-1v
    so the thing shorted and is telling the ecm the motor is dead rich and the ecm is just leaning the motor out till it almost friggen stalls till it throws a ses light and ignores the o2 output

soon as i kill the power to the heater i get a reg .45 volt reading on the signal wire.so im really hoping the o2 is shorted out internally

2009 Corvette ZO6

Do you have another O2 sensor, and if not, do you know how to tune for an Open Loop constant...?

blue
    89 Camaro RS

i put on in we had laying onthe shelf for about 2 years,the car idled fine,but that sensor wont read over .25V so now the ecm is adding fuel.drove the car home and it loads up so dam bad with fuel it starts to buck and crap under part throttle cruising. so i gota run to the parts store first thing in the morning and go buy a brand new 3 wire o2.
    on a side not i burnt 3/8's tank from the shop in milltown to sayreville prolly 10 miles tops

2009 Corvette ZO6

i put on in we had laying onthe shelf for about 2 years,the car idled fine,but that sensor wont read over .25V so now the ecm is adding fuel.drove the car home and it loads up so dam bad with fuel it starts to buck and crap under part throttle cruising. so i gota run to the parts store first thing in the morning and go buy a brand new 3 wire o2. on a side not i burnt 3/8's tank from the shop in milltown to sayreville prolly 10 miles tops...
    Pretty sure that Strauss opens up around 7:00am, and PepBoys at 10:00am. Not that big of a fan of Strauss, but hey, they're better than nothing. Wish I had a three wire O2 for you bro, but all I have left from a bunch of old LB9/L89's projects (sensor wise) are a couple of MAF's. You'll have her back to normal in no time though, I'm sure....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

shit ill have to run to strauss then,t his is my luck i swear.car was running great too.

i still wanna know what made the first 02 short out and send the voltage form the heater down the ecm signal wire.ive never seen one do that
    well im off to bed gota be up in 6 hours to get ready

2009 Corvette ZO6

See you tomorrow...

(and hopefully a few others)

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    See you tomorrow...

(and hopefully a few others)
    im headed out now,stoping for breakfast,then going to pepboys for a new 02 they open at 9 so ill prolly get there around 10,ill be parke don the track in the car show

see ya there

btw im bringing some headers,and intake plates for u to look at

blue
    89 Camaro RS

thats a first place trophy from today
    1st place usac spl competition in the modified class 144.8 db

did u make it out today rob didnt see ya there

2009 Corvette ZO6

Nice pics.

Nahh bro, got stuck on the Staten Island Expressway. By the time we got back from New York, it would have been pointless for us to even stop by there today. Did anybody else go? Don't all answer at once lmao....

My cousin is, hopefully, planning on giving Paul's Grand National a little surprise this coming Wednesday night. If he get's home on time, your not going to want to miss that run...

black
    2000 trans am ws6

i was at the track last wednesday, and am most likely to be there again this wednesday.. altho i am hearing something i dont like to hear from the clutch. maybe some1 could help me out. when i put the clutch down, i hear a strange noise like powersteering. very strange. thinking its a throwout bearing but not sure. figure ill wait till its real bad and do a whole clutch job soon.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by 6sw00
    i was at the track last wednesday, and am most likely to be there again this wednesday...
    Cool, we'll be on the lookout for ya bro. You by yourself, or will you be running with some friends...?

[QUOTE=6sw00]altho i am hearing something i dont like to hear from the clutch. maybe some1 could help me out. when i put the clutch down, i hear a strange noise like powersteering....[/qoute]

It's your throwout bearing. If it makes no other noise, but then "howls" when the clutch is depressed, that's defintely your throwout bearing....

See you Wednesday!

black
    2000 trans am ws6

[QUOTE=Street Lethal;751205]Cool, we'll be on the lookout for ya bro. You by yourself, or will you be running with some friends...?

altho i am hearing something i dont like to hear from the clutch. maybe some1 could help me out. when i put the clutch down, i hear a strange noise like powersteering....[/qoute]

It's your throwout bearing. If it makes no other noise, but then "howls" when the clutch is depressed, that's defintely your throwout bearing....

See you Wednesday!
    yea thats what i figured.. so what do you think.. should i let it get bad and get a whole clutch job or is it a fairly simple fix??

last week i raced my ws6 vs. my fathers 06 gto. this weekend im taking on his GN again. i think he might take me this time... i wish my car was running at full potential. o well.

2009 Corvette ZO6

yea thats what i figured.. so what do you think.. should i let it get bad and get a whole clutch job or is it a fairly simple fix??
    Don't let it get any worse. It is in fact a fairly simple fix, one that can be done in a matter of minutes by a competent mechanic (using a lift). Have both the throwout bearing, and pivot bearing, checked out...

last week i raced my ws6 vs. my fathers 06 gto. this weekend im taking on his GN again. i think he might take me this time... i wish my car was running at full potential. o well.
    What color is his GTO? I remember seeing one last Wednesday night, looked sort of metallic greyish? He's got a Grand National as well? Heh, I'm liking your Dad already!

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information