Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Street Lethal Oh my goodness. Dave, how much power are you planning on making when all is ...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Oh my goodness. Dave, how much power are you planning on making when all is said and done....

Already took a hacksaw to the AIR fittings on the headers. All that's left is for the holes to be sealed up, and new 3" collectors to replace the stockers. Then some ceramic coating, of course....

Been researching the Mega-Squirt system bro. Very innovative, especially with it's ability to tune on the fly with that much precision....
    add a wideband to megasquirt and it will auto tune itself as u drive

it takes 2x the volume of methanol as it does gas, 120# injectors are good for as much power as 60#'ers on gas, in all reality 120#'ers are even a bit small,i gota do the math but i belive i can almost get about 150#'s out of them at 100psi fuel pressure maybe more. im having a hard time comming up with a electric fuel pump that will deliver the required volume and psi i need. i may have to goto a pump like we use oon the dragster except it will be belt driven not driven off the cam gear

2009 Corvette ZO6

Yeah, I heard about that (referring to Mega-Squirt's self awareness, hehe). I read about the system a few years back, but never really found the need to pursue, until now. I'm really liking what I'm reading, especially it's lack of cost (when comparing to other systems) factor....

...get that thing done soon bro!

2009 Corvette ZO6

Tomorrow night is supposed to be incredible (weather wise), so I'd like to encourage some of you guys to come on down to Raceway Park. Gonne get a couple of runs in w/the wife's car (need to relax, too much stress lol). Will be down there with a few of my "Import-ed" friends....

Dave, I know your not able to run at the moment, but why not drop by anyway. Have a feeling it's going to be one of those nights again, as it's been building up for everyone due to the bad weather as of late. I'm predicting that some unbelievable rides will be showing up....

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Tomorrow night is supposed to be incredible (weather wise), so I'd like to encourage some of you guys to come on down to Raceway Park. Gonne get a couple of runs in w/the wife's car (need to relax, too much stress lol). Will be down there with a few of my "Import-ed" friends....

Dave, I know your not able to run at the moment, but why not drop by anyway. Have a feeling it's going to be one of those nights again, as it's been building up for everyone due to the bad weather as of late. I'm predicting that some unbelievable rides will be showing up....
    I think Ill be goin to the track tomorrow but not E-town. I cant stand E-town. When I go to Atco on weeknights they let me in for pot money since I'm military. Ill throw like a 5 in the pot and they're happy. Plus to me times are better and traction certainly is...... E-Town said I gotta call ahead if I want anything military. I like Atco..... I'm very glad its the closer one as well.

2009 Corvette ZO6

I hear you. Englishtown has gone a little too far with their pricing (and rules), and had I lived closer to Atco, it would definitely be a no brainer. E-Town is literally only five minutes from my house, so if I ever break down (and it's happened, I've had rearends tear apart on me during launch), it's more convenient....

Keep all of us posted with your times tomorrow night, and best of luck...

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
    I think Ill be goin to the track tomorrow but not E-town. I cant stand E-town. When I go to Atco on weeknights they let me in for pot money since I'm military. Ill throw like a 5 in the pot and they're happy. Plus to me times are better and traction certainly is...... E-Town said I gotta call ahead if I want anything military. I like Atco..... I'm very glad its the closer one as well.

i havent been on this site for a couple of days now things are crazy. street lethal doesnt have a vette in his avatar anymore lol.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677
    i havent been on this site for a couple of days now things are crazy. street lethal doesnt have a vette in his avatar anymore lol.
    Hehe, had to let go of the Calloway Sledgehammer. I can still dream though, right. The LS1-TA in the avatar is mine, well, my wife's lol. I'll be running that tomorrow night. Didn't swap out the CheaTR cam in the engine yet though, she's been watching me very very closely lately....

i dream of zo6's and chevelles everyday my man. maybe someday ill have both

blue
    89 Camaro RS

i would but i got no wheels man lol,unless ya wanna pick me up,btw i moved im in winding woods now in sayreville

blue
    89 Camaro RS

btw will u going to the swap meet, the rs will be making its last apearance with its current engine then,after that well things get serious

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs
    i would but i got no wheels man lol,unless ya wanna pick me up, btw i moved im in winding woods now in sayreville
    Winding Woods, isn't that right by the Gateway Mall? Had to bury the cell phone bro, gave it a three "fire" salute and everything lmao. Can definitely pick you up (if you wanna go). PM me your new number (or the old one), and I'll call you later on this afternoon....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677
    i dream of zo6's and chevelles everyday my man. maybe someday ill have both
    Back in the late 80's, I was taking a ride with my uncle to look at some cars (for him). He passed up a '70 LS6 Chevelle (pristine condition) for just $5000.00. The entire family knows how bad he's been kicking himself since, as we hear about it every single freaking time we get together....

This is one of the reasons why I'll be getting my hands on an '87 GNX Grand National, as well as an' 89 TTA. Not going to race them (have other projects for that), just going to park them in the garage, and let them appreciate in value every single day there-after....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs View Post
    btw will u going to the swap meet, the rs will be making its last apearance with its current engine then,after that well things get serious
    ... sorry, I missed this question. Definitely going to the swap meet. Gotta get my hands on some "stuff" for project "Conan". Wait til you see that Holey Pro-Jection manifold, talk about velocity porting. Been thinking about a set of aluminum Holley heads (an older set, for pretty cheap), as the ZZ4 heads might not be needed after all.

Dave, on the other forum, you asked me what I was doing with the 3.1 w/5-speed. I'm honestly not sure. Engine runs incredibly strong for what it is, and starts up immediately. Idles a tad high (950/1000-RPM), but this is because of a missing gasket between the throttle body, and intake plenum (took it off to clean, and didn't bother replacing the gasket. Not yet, anyways)....

Is your car still in the same setup as the video we took (weight and appearance wise), or did you already start some of the modifications....?

blue
    89 Camaro RS

its pretty much the same minus a whole lkot of wieght,though i may have the megasquirt installed,and im debating on installing the new turbo/setup on the 2.8 just for the car show

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs View Post
    its pretty much the same minus a whole lkot of wieght,though i may have the megasquirt installed,and im debating on installing the new turbo/setup on the 2.8 just for the car show
    Doubt I'll get my '92 done in time (in show form), but am really looking forward to the car show, regardless. There was some guy showing an '89 Corvette last time around (a few cars away from you, you might even remember)....

He was trying to pass off the car as a "proto-type" ZR1. Now, GM did in fact have some proto-types sneek through the assembly plant, but what signified it though was ultimately missing on that guy's ride....

Funny listening to him though. I just "yessed" him to death, didn't want to hurt his feelings. He started getting a little arrogant though, as I was asking him key questions, and when I almost let him have it (proving it was a bogus ZR1), I felt my wife squeeze my hand, telling me to stop lol....

Anyways, the mega-squirt is installed already? Or do you mean it will be installed by the time of the car show. I'm definitely going mega-squirt bro, <cough cough> sadly not getting enough support from the other alternative <cough cough>....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

u made a smart choice, i dont know much about the ebl,but trying to tune a stock ecm ur still limited by the factory programming,megasquirt is alot better imho,since its made to handle boost,and it dosent have all the emmision crap in it.

im hoping to have it installed by then
    Last edited by Boosted89rs; 04-20-2007 at 11:07 AM.

2009 Corvette ZO6

u made a smart choice, i dont know much about the ebl,but trying to tune a stock ecm ur still limited by the factory programming,megasquirt is alot better imho,since its made to handle boost,and it dosent have all the emmision crap in it. im hoping to have it installed by then...
    You know what it is, a lot of e-mails get unanswered. Not Rbob, as I haven't even reached out to him yet, and Dimented is ready to come on over once the engine is finished (can't wait to meet those guys). It's another programmer entirely, who I know is reading this. Honestly have no time for that, as when I asked a question on the MS site, I had an answer within five freaking minutes....

Boy do I have a kill story for you guys. Just picked up my LS1 Trans Am from my cousin's house to bring back to the garage, and some guy in a red Viper wanted to play. Lets just say that it wasn't pretty for him. I don't know what the hell my cousin did to it, but it feel's much faster. He's a very good tuner, I must say...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Anybody show up this past weekend lol? Dying to get some preliminary runs against a few of you, but haven't seen familiar looking vehicles over there yet. Hopefully some of you guys will hit the car show/swap meet next weekend, as I'd like to meet you guys already....

megasquirt is alot better imho,since its made to handle boost,and it dosent have all the emmision crap in it....
    Dave, definitely going Mega-Squirt, spoke to a member who completely blew my mind about it. Will have the notchback installed sometime next week, as well as the cowl induction hood and rearend. Need you to get that Pro-Jection piece ready for the fuel rails/injector bungs....

I agree, it's useless getting the thing tuned naturally aspirated first. I'm going to start grinding down the EGR base sometime this week. That guy running the low ten second Grand National that we met @ Raceway Park last friday night has talked me into going with a reverse split cam (originally leaning toward something else)....

GOTTA have this car done by the end of May, and when I say done, I'm talking dialed in, and ready to freaking run against EE1983, who I KNOW IS UP TO SOMETHING LOL....!!!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by whiteghoztt View Post
    damn, I want to go... I doubt the g/f will be up for it though.
    Thats pathetic!

blue
    89 Camaro RS

umm hey rob some bad news,

The RS is sold
    its alright though, i need the break, within the next few months, ill be looking for a clean 87iroc to drop the alky v6 into

lol V8 to V6 swap

lol ill prolly get it good for that one lmao

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information