Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge...

This is a discussion on LS1.com's Raceway Park Challenge... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; check this out rob,bidding on this now brand new garret gt40r if i get outbid ill proly just go buy ...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

check this out rob,bidding on this now
    brand new garret gt40r

if i get outbid ill proly just go buy one directly from garret

2009 Corvette ZO6

Can't wait to see that beast of your's hustling down the track. You need to run that thing Dave. Please, don't just show it. It's already begging to be hammered on lol...

You asked me earlier what were the plans with the short block. It's still up in the air right now bro. I started looking into the ZZ4 head castings, but right now I'm on hold, as money is starting to become an issue (with two seperate projects), lmao....

Last Friday night, went down to the track with the wife's Trans Am. This Friday though, I'm bringing mine. It's still not installed yet (ProCharger), but I really want to get a run in with this cam before I literally pull it. I know what she runs, been racing long enough to just tell by feel. But I wanna get my hands on a timeslip, beforehand....

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Hey Mike. I can only wish I had the Corvette in my avater. I really need to update the pic with my '98 Trans Am. Did you swing by last Friday night bro? Are you modding any yet...?
    No & yes ...hehe.
    I seem to only be at the track when there's no Fbodies whatsoever.
    Saw some kickass 8-9sec snowmobiles tho.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    No & yes ...hehe. I seem to only be at the track when there's no Fbodies whatsoever. Saw some kickass 8-9sec snowmobiles tho.
    You weren't there Friday night bro? Seemed like the entire state of both New Jersey and New York showed up. There were a couple of F-Body's that showed up, as well as a few GTO's, and C5/C6's....

Going down again this Friday night (if it isn't rained out, damn freaking weather lol). If you come down, just look for a group of maniac's with one of them wearing a "LS1.com" shirt. If I have my jacket on, just look for a non-WS6 Trans Am that has the words Street Lethal written in script along-side the fenders, just behind the front wheels...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

hey rob have u ever wired up a megasquirt before???
    gonna need some help getting mine wired up this weekend or next week

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted89rs
    hey rob have u ever wired up a megasquirt before???
    gonna need some help getting mine wired up this weekend or next week
    Although I am familiar with them, no, I haven't, to be honest. Shouldn't be too difficult though. Tim Burgess would be an excellent person to consult, before-hand. I'll try reaching out to a few members that I know are running them, tonight. I have off this Saturday, so if you let me know in advance, I will definitely help you out with it...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I have a year to use my plane ticket to NJ...when is this happening again? My plane will land in Newark...how far away is that?

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    I have a year to use my plane ticket to NJ...when is this happening again? My plane will land in Newark...how far away is that?
    Newark is less than an hour away.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1
    I have a year to use my plane ticket to NJ...when is this happening again?
    If you could make it up, that would be excellent. It's set for June. I'll even go as far as to say that you if you really do come up, I'll pick you up at the airport bro...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

change of plans rob,i no longer have a street car,ill be taking the plasma cutter to the car tom.so i can start to backhalf the car

play times over im going blown alky

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/po...n-alcohol.html

2009 Corvette ZO6

Congrats Dave. That should make for one very sick drag car! I remember we talked about that possible route the last time we were at the track, and I'm glad to see that your going that route bro....

Looks like I'LL be running EE now!

2009 Corvette ZO6

Actually Tom, although I was trying to push some of the others into "stepping up" with the above statement, that's really not that bad of an idea after all. Been giving some serious consideration in leaving the cam that I have in there now, and installing the ProCharger on the wife's LS1....

Although I have no timeslips yet with it, have a very good idea of what it run's in the 1/4 mile already... and if you do what I think your going to do (in reference to the new setup), it should most definitely make for a good drivers race between us, the way a race should be. That is, unless I'm under-estimating your next setup here, and I'm going to need the blower after all lol....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Project "Conan the Destroyer" is going smoother than I expected, and should be ready come June. Anticpating how the Throttle Body Injection is going to handle the boost, and am not looking forward to tuning it. Have a few tricks up my sleeve as far as that though, but I'll save them in case I need to resort to them....

Engine is getting sent out next week, and I only have a few days to figure out what I'm going to do, as far as stroke. The crankshaft sitting in my garage is a nice piece, but is extremely heavy. Been considering a new Eagle assembly, as well as taking the engine to 383 cubic inches. Will see though....

Car's gonna flat out fly...!

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

I'd like to attend this event ! I was to lazy to read through all 10 pages of articles. Keep me updated as to when it might happen !

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Doom
    I was to lazy to read through all 10 pages of articles
    Slacker!!!! lol

Will definitely keep you updated. Right now I'm just trying to finish up the '92. Coming along rather well, however, can only donate my weekends for that project...

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Slacker!!!! lol

Will definitely keep you updated. Right now I'm just trying to finish up the '92. Coming along rather well, however, can only donate my weekends for that project...
    hey man have u picked out a turbo or anything????

2009 Corvette ZO6

Not yet Dave, still need to delve into that with you. The headers that I have shown on the website have 2 5/8" primaries, leading into I believe a 2 1/2" collector. Want to eliminate that, and weld 3" ones in their place. Engine's going to make tremendous torque off the line to boot, so there's still some contemplation left on the turbo....

Definitely will be going with ZZ4 heads. Been going back and forth will a couple of cam vendors, but am more than likely going Thunder Racing again. Initial testing of my experimental throttle body is done, idles flawlessly on a friend's LO5. Can't wait to get this thing wrapped up though that's for sure....

2009 Corvette ZO6

hey man have u picked out a turbo or anything????
    Turbo is being delayed a bit, as I need to get the engine tuned naturally aspirated, initially. Dimented is going to give me a hand tuning her up once the engine is installed. Am definitely going either Mega-Squirt, or EBL though, that's for sure....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

lol man i thought the turbo and stuff was exspensive for my car, i just go t the price for my 120# methanol compatable injectors, lets just say i could have bought another turbo

2009 Corvette ZO6

i just go t the price for my 120# methanol compatable injectors...
    Oh my goodness. Dave, how much power are you planning on making when all is said and done....

Already took a hacksaw to the AIR fittings on the headers. All that's left is for the holes to be sealed up, and new 3" collectors to replace the stockers. Then some ceramic coating, of course....

Been researching the Mega-Squirt system bro. Very innovative, especially with it's ability to tune on the fly with that much precision....

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information