Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

LS1 A4 vs. Cammed LT1 M6

I'm cruising through town this afternoon and an LT1 camaro pulls out on to the road and gives it a lot of gas. Getting up to about 60-65 in a 45 it looked like. I speed up a little to try and catch up to the guy. We get to a stoplight next to each other, behind some cars, and I could clearly hear a cam coming from the LT1's exhaust. No question about it, it was cammed. Both of us were sitting there eying each others' cars. So the light goes green and I get ahead of him and head out of town, with him right behind me. We hit one of the last stop lights on the edge of town, right next to each other at the front of the line. The goes green and we both ease into, not sure if either one if gonna hit it. We both hit it at about 20 mph and I spun all the way through 1st, so the LT1 jumped out about a car and a half. Once I hit 2nd gear I started pulling back right away, pretty good. I pulled even with him by about 60 mph but we had to shut down because of the cars in front of us. So we finally get out of city limits and we are pacing each other at around 65-70 mph (the speed limit). Both of us start to creep up to speed, and around 75-80 we both hit it around the same time, and I start to pull at a good consistent pace, at the bottom of my 3rd gear. About 2 cars from 75 to 115. A couple miles down the road we get another open shot, and this time i got the 2nd gear kick down at around 70 mph and pulled about 4 cars to 130 mph. All my car has at the moment is an SLP lid (with a DIRTY air filter) and cat-back. It does have the 3.23 rear end gears though. I didn't get to talk to the LT1 guy because he just kept driving as I turned around and headed back into town. It definitely had a cam, and I would assume headers also. Right after the races my SES light pops on, so I went to autozone to borrow their code scanner, and it turns out that my cats are going bad lol. Anyway, I'm impressed with my car after this encounter. She seems to run pretty hard.
    Last edited by Mystic Z-28; 02-14-2011 at 03:57 PM.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Nice kill, the LT1 guy needs to either get the car tuned, give it a tune-up, compression check, or all the above

Not doubting your cars capability though, as I barely got beat by a fender from 30-90 by an LT1 car on a 150 shot. All I have is the factory 2.73s, intake, full exhaust, with all 4 bad O2 sensors. So I guess you could say I'm not surprised. Cams vary in power, especially considering who tunes the car. Shame you couldn't talk to the guy. Ah well, gotta love the top end of the ole' LS Nice Kill

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Thanks. Yeah I was actually surprised that I beat him as easily as I did. When I heard his cam I actually thought I might lose to his car. The guy looked like he had just left the college here in town though, so I'm thinking I should see him again. Maybe I'll get a chance to talk to him about his car.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Right on man. Buddy of mine has a LT1 Z, he's putting a hotcam in it with factory heads he's cleaning up along with the intake, P&P both. I believe he's going with 3.73s (could be 4.10s not sure). But I know he's already put in his 4500 stall, which I believe to be slight overkill, but the car hardly gets driven at all, just a track car really. He's already got the 150 shot on it, so it'll be interesting to see how his combination compares to mine when we're both done with the build

If you happen to run into dude again, chime back in and let us know what's been done to it

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

So I finally found out what was done this this LT1 that I raced. I guess it has a 383 stroker kit and a cam. Not sure on the size of the cam. A local kid in an 03 cobra raced it and talked to the guy. Just thought I would post this up.
    Last edited by Mystic Z-28; 04-12-2011 at 10:11 PM.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Nice kill man... This is why lt1 guys hate us lol. They get us in first then its all down hill from there lol. I used to be an lt1 guy btw so i know their pain haha.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    Nice kill man... This is why lt1 guys hate us lol. They get us in first then its all down hill from there lol. I used to be an lt1 guy btw so i know their pain haha.
    Thanks haha. Honestly that car should have probably beat me. but maybe it didn't have the best tune. Who knows.

What's really weird is that modded 03 cobra that raced it, only won by about 3-4 cars or so. The cobra kid is pretty cocky and seems to think that he beat a fast car. He will probably be the next race I have.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

LT1 Camaros are the only cars I seem to race in my GTO! The first one I beat while stock and the other after I put LT's and a Corsa C/B on the Goat. Both were modded but I don't know to what level.

Scott

Ray Charles blue

383 stroker kit and a cam (most likely heads and intake if they spent that much) and he coudlnt keep up with you? Either his car is tuned like sh!t or he doesnt have those mods.....lol

A good friend of mines son in law has a 94 Z28 6-speed with the LT4 top end kit. Its supposed to be something 425hp or something. I have seen it advertised. Anyway, his car with the heads, cam, intake, tune and 4.10 gears (9 inch rear) clipped off 12.5-12.7 all day long and yes he has the slips to prove it and that was with street tires and a lot of spinning off the start. His mph wasnt huge though, something like 109-111 on the runs.

black
    94 z28

i have a 94 z with and lt1 in it has 342 gears a cold air intake long tube headers and a 3inch exhaust it went 12.9 at 104 and 11.57 at 116.37 on a 125 shot all on a stock motor so if you know what your doing lt1s arent as bad as you think o yea 1 more thing turbo 350 and a 3800 stall conv

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    383 stroker kit and a cam (most likely heads and intake if they spent that much) and he coudlnt keep up with you? Either his car is tuned like sh!t or he doesnt have those mods.....lol

A good friend of mines son in law has a 94 Z28 6-speed with the LT4 top end kit. Its supposed to be something 425hp or something. I have seen it advertised. Anyway, his car with the heads, cam, intake, tune and 4.10 gears (9 inch rear) clipped off 12.5-12.7 all day long and yes he has the slips to prove it and that was with street tires and a lot of spinning off the start. His mph wasnt huge though, something like 109-111 on the runs.
    Well I know it was cammed for sure. Cause I heard it that day that I ran him. This is just what the kid in the cobra told me. That it had a 383 stroker kit and a cam. Said he talked to the guy about his car and mods. It very well could be tuned like shit though.

2001 ws6 T/A

Good kill op, Errrr, wait a minute?

Mystic z-28 forum ban status

Ls1tech -- Banned
    Svtperformance -- Banned
    Ls1 -- In Progress

2010 Ferrari 458

Damn, that Z28 just gets faster and faster as the days go on. I guess you have the only LS1 to ever increase it's own horsepower without mods!!! You should race that Cobra, sounds like you'd be real close to him with your superfast turd...I mean rocket.

2010 Ferrari 458

Just a quick recap of the gems Mystic has provided the internet...

Trolling SVTP:
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-2000-z28.html
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 04-14-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: no direct links to LS1tech thanks....

Hide ya kids Hide ya wife 94ss06gxp's Avatar

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

that lid is good for ATleast 100whp

Great kill! Awesome story as well. Good job Mystic! Your fantasies are always entertaining.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I think from now on and i speak for myself as well, if you post in the kills section gotta have vidz. This goes to prove that its too easy to make up stuff but a little common sense goes a long way as well to make it believable. Either way i cant speak for OP because i wasnt there ive been in a H/C/I/E LT1 Camaro(not a 383) and i can tell you he did have a bad tune and i would probably get beat everytime in my set up i have now. So an LS1 A4 with hardly any mods is a bit of a stretch but you'll never know with street racing i guess.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO

I ran a m6 lt1 with a 383 kit on it and 3.73 gears when I had first gotten my gto and we were door to door at 120mph. That thing ran good though. Could have been driver mod too though.
    2004 CPM M6
    TSP Torqer v2 112lsa, Landspeed Stage II 241's, K&N drop-in, Blevins Tune, muffler delete, more to come
    8.33 @ 84.93 1.87 60' BTA FTW!! (Prior to heads and cam)
    Click for full size

2010 Ferrari 458

You guys should search his name for his posts on LS1tech. He has some gems, then there is the great thread he posted on SVTP too.

I had a post earlier with a bunch of links in it, but it went to a moderator for approval.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by <3Mystic View Post
    Damn, that Z28 just gets faster and faster as the days go on. I guess you have the only LS1 to ever increase it's own horsepower without mods!!! You should race that Cobra, sounds like you'd be real close to him with your superfast turd...I mean rocket.
    Oh don't you worry, I will be racing him soon. And it will be on video. By the way, I love the name, very cute.

Thread Information