Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LS1 240SX vs. Lamborghini Murcielago

Two good races in one week. Wow!

Anyway, I was out taking the 240 for a cruise to see a friend. I hoped on the interstate, cruising along.... when this bright orange Lambo is creeping up behind me. I get all excited, and carefully navigate ahead of the traffic, where it's open. Sure enough the Lambo scoots up behind me and follows. I drop it into 3rd gear and hold it there to see if he wants to play. He gets up next to me and it's some older guy and a good looking girl in the car. At first he didn't look over or anything and I didn't think he was going to go. So I put it pack to into 5th, then he guns it. He's already out a car and I throw it back into 3rd, but he's already out. Throw it into 4th, but I can't catch him, and he let's off. His car sounded awesome! That cheap SOB! So he's playing a little chasing game a bit, then in the next clearing, I get up next to him and do the same thing he did to me. I drop to 3rd and hit it. He gets on it too. Shift to 4th and I'm out a car, not really gaining any ground. So that must have upset him, because now he wants to go for real. I get up next to him put it into 3rd and wait, he also drop a gear and waits. Somehow we both nail it at the same time, I ride out 3rd, into 4th, we are door to door the whole time, I shift to 5th (damn overdrive gear... hope the car is light enough to still pull it), and he starts to creep away very slowly. I puss out at about 150mph, at the top of 5th, and let off with him out about car and a half and still creeping away, since that's a bit to fast on the interstate, even with no cars ahead of us (by the way, this is the fastest I've ever been in this car).

Afterward, I give him the thumbs up and we're cruising for a bit, and we both get off at the same exit. In the turn lane, he asks what kind of car I have. I tell him the basic rundown. He says his car has full exhaust, and that's it. Overall, it was a good run and got my blood churning. Looks like I'm going to need a bit more to pull on a Lamborghini Murcielago.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 01-24-2009 at 01:47 PM.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

sounds like it was a blast.

10's N/A

Wow those are dangerous speeds for public roads. I hope your not putting anyone else in danger.

None

Sounds like you made the $$ Lambo dude... wonder why he
    spent all that money!

Very Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Wow those are dangerous speeds for public roads. I hope your not putting anyone else in danger.
    There were no cars in front of us, and we left the traffic that was behind us. Still it was dangerous... but it's a Lambo.... so I figured just this one time.

Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    Sounds like you made the $$ Lambo dude... wonder why he
    spent all that money!

Very Nice!
    Well, I still lost, and he had the hot girl in his car.... but it was nice to see where I stand against some of the exotics.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

ya you just cant pass that up

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    ya you just cant pass that up
    Yep. I was actually surprised I hung with him. Even with 4.083 final drive in the rear, 5th and 6th are still overdrive. So that's when he started to pull, but that's what those Lambos are built to do, they're geared for that.

I would say in the quarter that car would be trapping in the low 120mph range, especially with the aftermarket exhaust he had.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

sounds like fun..

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    sounds like fun..
    It's intoxicating. Seriously.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Two good races in one week. Wow!

Anyway, I was out taking the 240 for a cruise to see a friend. I hoped on the interstate, cruising along.... when this bright orange Lambo is creeping up behind me. I get all excited, and carefully navigate ahead of the traffic, where it's open. Sure enough the Lambo scoots up behind me and follows. I drop it into 3rd gear and hold it there to see if he wants to play. He gets up next to me and it's some older guy and a good looking girl in the car. At first he didn't look over or anything and I didn't think he was going to go. So I put it pack to into 5th, then he guns it. He's already out a car and I throw it back into 3rd, but he's already out. Throw it into 4th, but I can't catch him, and he let's off. His car sounded awesome! That cheap SOB! So he's playing a little chasing game a bit, then in the next clearing, I get up next to him and do the same thing he did to me. I drop to 3rd and hit it. He gets on it too. Shift to 4th and I'm out a car, not really gaining any ground. So that must have upset him, because now he wants to go for real. I get up next to him put it into 3rd and wait, he also drop a gear and waits. Somehow we both nail it at the same time, I ride out 3rd, into 4th, we are door to door the whole time, I shift to 5th (damn overdrive gear... hope the car is light enough to still pull it), and he starts to creep away very slowly. I puss out at about 150mph, at the top of 5th, and let off with him out about car and a half and still creeping away, since that's a bit to fast on the interstate, even with no cars ahead of us (by the way, this is the fastest I've ever been in this car).

Afterward, I give him the thumbs up and we're cruising for a bit, and we both get off at the same exit. In the turn lane, he asks what kind of car I have. I tell him the basic rundown. He says his car has full exhaust, and that's it. Overall, it was a good run and got my blood churning. Looks like I'm going to need a bit more to pull on a Lamborghini Murcielago.
    reading that gave me an adrenaline boost, that's fucking awesome!

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

I had a Murcielago pull in front of me at a light just on a regular city street near my house and we both gunned it at the light, damn those cars sound so insane. He left me in the dust but it was still awesome
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

it must be terrible to be able to buy a lamborghini, good runs

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

That's an absolutely awesome story! I'm jealous that you're finding such great action! Pretty impressive conversion you have there -- always nice to be able to test it out against a $200K machine!

I find, rightfully so, that it takes a good bit to actually get someone in an exotic to agree to play around with us (non-exotic owners) for a bit. Frankly, that guy probably felt rewarded (to some extent) that he agreed to "lower his standards" enough to race a 240SX, only to learn that the car was legitimately fast. Makes it all worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    That's an absolutely awesome story! I'm jealous that you're finding such great action! Pretty impressive conversion you have there -- always nice to be able to test it out against a $200K machine!

I find, rightfully so, that it takes a good bit to actually get someone in an exotic to agree to play around with us (non-exotic owners) for a bit. Frankly, that guy probably felt rewarded (to some extent) that he agreed to "lower his standards" enough to race a 240SX, only to learn that the car was legitimately fast. Makes it all worthwhile.
    Either that or he has to impress the babe in the car. As soon as he heard the V8 open up, he new something was up and got interested. By the way, those Lambos sound so amazing with a full exhaust. Our exhaust notes together was a symphony of sex.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Either that or he has to impress the babe in the car. As soon as he heard the V8 open up, he new something was up and got interested. By the way, those Lambos sound so amazing with a full exhaust. Our exhaust notes together was a symphony of sex.
    Rofl, great story man, I felt like I was there!

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

His thoughts through 4th gear: "what the fuck!?!?"
    Your thoughts through 4th gear:" Im hanging with a fucking lambo!!"

Those would be my thoughts atleast haha. Great runs

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    His thoughts through 4th gear: "what the fuck!?!?"
    Your thoughts through 4th gear:" Im hanging with a fucking lambo!!"

Those would be my thoughts atleast haha. Great runs
    It was awesome. This is probably my all time best race... ever. Damn I love it, it's the best fun you can have ..... with your pants on.

black
    1993 mustang

u got that right!

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Damn..reminds me of that Diablo I had pull up beside me at a light a couple months back. We both looked at each other and wanted to go, but...it was raining. I wanted ro see where I stood against it! Err..

Good run though, no shame in loosing to a six figure supercar, but lots of pride in hanging in there with one. Just be careful passing 120mph on the highway...

Thread Information