Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Little H22 Turbo bummed out

This is a discussion on Little H22 Turbo bummed out within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Eric1987 With no truth behind it. He has opinions without any source. Just they suck and it ...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    With no truth behind it. He has opinions without any source. Just they suck and it takes a lot of hard work to get them fast. He needs to be banned.
    so explain how thats not a true statement???? they ARE a turd stock and they DO need lots of hard work and money to make them fast as well as having immense tq steer .......so how am i wrong?....just because u dont like the facts im throwing at u?.......and btw eric i previously owned an 03 rsx-s so i think that qualifys me as having some jap experience first hand

pewter

you also seem to have a lot of anger my young friend..........goooose frabba....say it with me

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

With no truth behind it. He has opinions without any source. Just they suck and it takes a lot of hard work to get them fast. He needs to be banned.
    no my man, thats whats good about ls1.com. It is almost like you have the right to speak your opinion no matter what it is. It is almost like ls1.com has a 1st amendment.

He did call people jap pole smokers, but you called him a faggot. You put yourself on his level

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

No I didnt. I made fun of him not tons of people. He is a faggot because he is one of the most ignorant members I have seen. Those opinions and people should be banned. They bring this site down.

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    no my man, thats whats good about ls1.com. It is almost like you have the right to speak your opinion no matter what it is. It is almost like ls1.com has a 1st amendment.

He did call people jap pole smokers, but you called him a faggot. You put yourself on his level
    hey now hutch!!!!!!!!! they were smokin jap poles!!!!! and i said it in a general way not directly at somone which is against ls1.com rules

pewter

No I didnt. I made fun of him not tons of people. He is a faggot because he is one of the most ignorant members I have seen. Those opinions and people should be banned. They bring this site down.
    you still didnt answer the question i asked u?

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    hey now hutch!!!!!!!!! they were smokin jap poles!!!!! and i said it in a general way not directly at somone which is against ls1.com rules
    thats why I said "people" as a term. You did not directly target anyone.

pewter

and i was jsut light heartly poking fun.....were all here to have a good time and learn as much about cars ( ls1 based cars in particular) as possible

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    so explain how thats not a true statement???? they ARE a turd stock and they DO need lots of hard work and money to make them fast as well as having immense tq steer .......so how am i wrong?....just because u dont like the facts im throwing at u?.......and btw eric i previously owned an 03 rsx-s so i think that qualifys me as having some jap experience first hand
    Gotta remember they ARENT drag cars. Not at all. ALL hondas are meant for everything BUT drag. And you dont need hard work to make it fast. Just swap an H22 or B16-18 in a civic hatch and you got a fast ass gas saving lil cheap as fuck car to fix. Handles great and is fast as shit. For half the price of our muscle cars and cheaper in every way. Look at the Prelude SH for example. For the power it was given and being FWD it was an AMAZING car for the times. People just think with lack of HP it sucks. S2000 is an awesome car too. It'll smoke the camaro around a track. Not to mention its a stock NA 4 banger that can hit high 13's.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

For half the price of our muscle cars and cheaper in every way.
    Not picking sides but I dont think you can get a Honda to run as good as my car does for $4000 including the price of the car.

+ I bought my car 2 years ago for $8000 now you can find decent ls1s for 6k all day long
    Last edited by hutch1999; 12-13-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: add

pewter

Gotta remember they ARENT drag cars. Not at all. ALL hondas are meant for everything BUT drag. And you dont need hard work to make it fast. Just swap an H22 or B16-18 in a civic hatch and you got a fast ass gas saving lil cheap as fuck car to fix. Handles great and is fast as shit. For half the price of our muscle cars and cheaper in every way. Look at the Prelude SH for example. For the power it was given and being FWD it was an AMAZING car for the times. People just think with lack of HP it sucks. S2000 is an awesome car too. It'll smoke the camaro around a track. Not to mention its a stock NA 4 banger that can hit high 13's.
    i wont argue with any of this.......they are fun lil go-carts as there VERY easy to toss around.......i used to toss my rsx-s around all the time ....i found a big part of the reason it " felt " better at handling though was because it was just SLOWER without much tq.....i go through the same corners in an onramp to the expressway FASTER in my 99z than i did in the rsx when both were stock........comparing my car now to the rsx isnt even close in any way including cornering .....all those cars u mention are fun lil cars with a purpose......reliablity, gas milage, and a fun lil sporty car to throw around ..........and a lil side note.....i was leaving dennys...prolly 5 or 6 yrs ago in my 99z .....bunch of rice comes in as im about to leave.....they park behind me so i cant get out....hmmm...i rev the engine to get them to move....( prelude, integra, crx ) ....i hear them shout somthing about the engine swapped crx with all the stickers on it....i think whatever....he chases me out on to the main rd in this lil econobox in front of a good dozen of his buddys......we get an IMMEDIATE red light in front of every one.....ooooooo fun time for the show.......wasnt even close......2 cars immeditly off the line and i just pulled from there.....prolly 5 or 6 by 100mph ....i embarassed him.......from then on modded crx's do NOT impress me in a straight line on the street........my car was nearly stock and he really should of known better.........ill never understand ricer mentality as i would never go chasing down vipers, z06's etc in a stock z28 ...dosnt even make sense
    Last edited by tonyjnjz; 12-13-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Not picking sides but I dont think you can get a Honda to run as good as my car does for $4000 including the price of the car.

+ I bought my car 2 years ago for $8000 now you can find decent ls1s for 6k all day long
    You can. Being that you do the labor yourself. Buy a hatch for 1k. An H22 for 900$ then you're set. And your car? I dont know anything about your car.

pewter

You can. Being that you do the labor yourself. Buy a hatch for 1k. An H22 for 900$ then you're set. And your car? I dont know anything about your car.
    and i can strap a bunch of model rocket engines to my back too......for 1000 your getting a serious piece of shit......esp in honda as they retain there value quite well

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Body wise you might get something that doesnt look great. But since you're taking the engine out who cares? And I have seen plenty of hatches go for 1k which are moderate condition.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    There is so much misinformation in this thread it's crazy. Let me tell you that I have owned both imports and domestics and have been on both sides of the fence for a long time.

That "kid" you raced obviously didn't have his car setup right. Around where I live there are some pretty respectable Honda builders. I've seen quite of few H22/K20/K24/B and D series turbo setups in a variety of Hondas.

I have a personal friend who had an H22 turbo setup in a '95 Civic hatchback. The car was running a GT30R turbo and was properly tuned with supported mods. This car did a 11.5 at the track and trapped 123-126mph. Keep in mind this car is stock internals running 16psi of boost.

Now, grats on you're win, but don't think that because you won against some punk kid in a poorly built H22 turbo hatch that you are the fastest around. There is always someone faster on both sides of the fence. An LS6 heads/cam with bolt ons is basically a C5 ZO6 with bolt ons and a tune, but in a heavier chassis. You have a respectable car, but there are plenty of street imports that would take the cake from you. Just something to be aware of.
    I don't remember ever saying once that I did thing I had the fastest around? I told a kill story and everyone here started going on about how good a rice rocket is. I dont know why, I posted a kil story for ppl to read since there is a forum here directed towards kill stories. I didnt post it to have all these fools go on with their opinions and thoughts on life. I did it for people to read, say good job, what do u have or whatever, not to go on with their foolish rants. I'm well aware that ricers can be built to run 10 seconds, anything can be.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I bought my 240 for $500 bucks and investing almost 3K into it....

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by R_Yates69@Hotmail.com View Post
    I don't remember ever saying once that I did thing I had the fastest around? I told a kill story and everyone here started going on about how good a rice rocket is. I dont know why, I posted a kil story for ppl to read since there is a forum here directed towards kill stories. I didnt post it to have all these fools go on with their opinions and thoughts on life. I did it for people to read, say good job, what do u have or whatever, not to go on with their foolish rants. I'm well aware that ricers can be built to run 10 seconds, anything can be.
    Well brotha thats the thing. Freedom of speech. You gotta expect shit talking or opinions you dont like to be thrown around on the internet. People can be whatever they want. They can be who they wish they could in real life.

pewter

i appologize for thread jacking.........good kill !!!!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Who would have thought you can't post your opinion or facts on an internet forum. Damn that just ruined my day.

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I bought my 240 for $500 bucks and investing almost 3K into it....
    I bought both of my 240SXs for less than $1000 each. Both had straight bodies, were stock and full interior... certainly not shit-boxes. As they stand right now one is well into the 10s with a 4 cylinder and the other is knocking on 10s with an LS1.

240SX (RWD) - $800
    SR20DET - $1200
    GT35R setup complete - $3000
    Tein Suspension - $600

I've done all the work, tuning, and maintenance myself. So with other misc. items that's a 10s street car for $6000, that handles well, looks good, and moves out very fast.

My '02 Camaro SS I bought for - $10000
    The fucker handled like a boat (I'm into suspension), spent $2000 worth of sway bars, coils, struts, chassis bars, panhard bars, torque arms, etc. along with test and tuning of the suspension to get the car to handle somewhat decent.

I threw on some quality bolt ons (QTP headers, true duals, SLP lid, other minor stuff) - $1000 for that goodness

I went the nitrous route on this car and did a 150 dry shot with all the works. - $600 for that

Had to get that Moser 12 bolt - since I broke the 10 bolt - I think I paid $1200 for the rear kit.

After some test and tuning at the track I was getting mid 11s (this was a 6 speed car) and trapping in the mid 120mph range. $15k for all that.... in case you're counting.

I eventually got fed up with this car, since it was good at the track, but didn't satisfy me on the street, but I loved that engine under the hood... so I found a RWD chassis that would "satisfy me" to put this engine I liked so much into, hence my other 240SX.

Sorry for the big rant, I just can't stand when ignorant people don't respect others rides. I personally am at home talking to domestic or import builders. I've been exposed to both sides, and have owned and modded both sides. I understand that everyone has there preference in car choice, but don't bash other peoples choice of cars.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information