Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

lingenfelter z vs R1

This is a discussion on lingenfelter z vs R1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; onebaddz, Granted it's not the fasted design out there but have you ever tried a v-twin? I-4's are fast but ...

Red
    1994 Firebird

onebaddz,
    Granted it's not the fasted design out there but have you ever tried a v-twin? I-4's are fast but it's like you have an electric motor between your legs, Ducati just released the 999S race replica (I saw this on another site).

Red
    1994 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by shadegray View Post
    Alright, see for yourself.

10.6 on a new 2006 r6 by a good amateur rider.

^She also runs a 9.3 on a modded busa.

Also you say a viper/vette will take an r6 from a roll just not from a stop. So here's another r6 handing a viper it's ass in a 30-120mph roll

I can find more similar vids, timeslips, whatever if you want. Over the net, that's about the most and best proof as is possible to proof, I don't know what more someone can do to prove this from 1000 miles away. But I guess you don't want to believe it until you can see them run for yourself in person. Are there any other tracks nearby where you know 600's to run? If you can, go invite a couple for a run, those guys will surprise you. We'll just agree to disagree for now.

bryan, probably because even 600's have the power to flip somersault the bike, and people wanted to be able to ride on the street but knew getting a liter+ class sportbike for your first bike is widely considered to be a form of suicide, to the point it's actually illegal in Europe. Every mistake is magnified. I was a little overwhelmed even moving from a '95 6r to an '05 10r. Yeah, very few riders like to drag and run cars. First, most cars can't even come close to competing in the same class, and even then it can be dangerous. 2nd after a while, just going fast in a straight line gets pretty boring to be honest. It's more fun to go a road track and pull a g blasting through a sweeping curve at 170mph, bike leaned over so far your head's 2 feet from the gravel. Air screaming so hard around your helmet it literally causes deafness without hearing protection.

Yeah I hear you, I actually started on a Liter a year ago (2000 RC-51) I probably would be learning faster with a 600 or a 250 but this is what I got at least it's a twin so it is a little more stable. On the 600's I was talking more the performance aspect I wasn't really thinking that they wouldn't have enough for something designed for the strip.

SDB
    Again.....no way will a mostly stock C5, C6, or ay year viper keep up with a stock 05/06 600 with a good rider at anything lwss than a 125 mph kick. I have a very fast street car, I can't tell you how badly I stomp vipers and vettes....its just silly. I run 10's on motor, and when I race new 600's that have some mods done, I have to spray them to beat them solidly. I hook real good, have pleanty of power for roll racing, etc.

You beat the rider only when racing a 06 600 sport bike, unless you tink you have a solid 10 second car....

I believe you have raced and beaten some 600's on a roll before, some riders are terrible.

SDB

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by rcbryan View Post
    Yeah I hear you, I actually started on a Liter a year ago (2000 RC-51) I probably would be learning faster with a 600 or a 250 but this is what I got at least it's a twin so it is a little more stable. On the 600's I was talking more the performance aspect I wasn't really thinking that they wouldn't have enough for something designed for the strip.
    Nice, that's one honda I'd love to ride. I actually considered the TL1000Rs before settling on the 10r, and took a test ride, but I couldn't pass the deal for the 10r- $9400 OTD! Love the torque of the V-twins and way prefer the sound to the the I4s. But I still like the 10r, just jumped into it a lil quick. The 10r does have a very short wheelbase, and flicks almost as easily as the 6r. Biggest dif is that screaming power is at all rpms instead of just when I'm above 8 or 9k, which made throttle control through the corners way more difficult than the old 6r, and it took some getting used to. I actually ran corners so much slower than the 6r, my track times were pretty much unimproved at first.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by shadegray View Post
    You can play street runs of car vs bike, but those are uncontrolled and by unknown drivers who heavily influence the performance. The best comparison is track numbers under controlled scenarios performing at their best. Are there vids of stock 10 second vette and viper runs?
    The best comparison is real life, not perfect situations with perfect riders. That's where our opinions collide. No matter how you look at it, I've never seen it happen, the average rider CAN NOT DO IT. That's what matters

Black
    2002 TransAm Firehawk

Hey, this debate has gone too long... For the record, my good friend and i both have bikes, he's been on the for a while, he's got a 05 r6, not the r6! every pass at the track is a 10.8 something ...stock. Also his lauch is tricky due to his size, 5'6 and 150lbs., every time he is doing his best not to wheely of the start, but it does...so...

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Good kill on beating the rider, and not the bike.... I use to race bikes when I first turned 18, and I could be legal to race at my local drag strips. Did it for 8 yrs, and even when I was in The Army I still tried to get my bikes on the strip. I think drag racing or racing is an art and the more you practice the better you shall be.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    The best comparison is real life, not perfect situations with perfect riders. That's where our opinions collide. No matter how you look at it, I've never seen it happen, the average rider CAN NOT DO IT. That's what matters
    Tracks are real life, but I guess you mean on the street. There's vids of both bikes beating cars and of cars beating bikes. So what are we supposed to take from that? Nothing, unless you've somehow got a master compilation of every car vs bike race on the streets. The fact is that the 600cc bikes are capable of running mid 10's on the track, and the vettes and vipers are not, period.

I show an amateur smoking a viper. I show another running 10's on her 600cc bike which is stated to be new and stock, but you say there's no way to prove those bikes are stock.

So in response, I show an evaluation of new, proven stock 600's where they run 10's, and you say that's only because of the pro rider.

It's literally impossible to prove this any further. On every amateur vid you can say there's no way to prove it's stock, and on every official evaluation of a stock bike, you say it's only because of the rider. So if you won't take the amateur videos as proof, and you won't take the pro official videos as proof, tell me, what else do you want?

You need to see it for yourself in person, and nothing on the net- not amateur vids, not pro vids, not timeslips, not the affirmations of thousands of people will do.

But in some strange twist of irony, you offer a single video of a car running a bike on the street as if this evidence stands alone like some concrete proof. But we don't pull your move, second guessing and say there's no way to prove that car isn't heavily modded like you did with the 10 sec bike vids.

Do you see the huge disparity in the amount of evidence? Of what you ask us to believe vs what we ask you?

Baddz, after arguing it out when I came on a while ago, I like you pretty good by now and I think you're an intelligent guy. I'd really encourage you to head out to a track where dragging 600's are known to run, and line up against one of those. I think if nothing else, it'll be at least enjoyable to run with a bike that knows how to be driven. I'm done with this for now.

SDB
    here is a list of my car's mods to beat a new 600 (stock) without using my nitrous. I have to spray the bigger bikes and modded new 600s with good riders. Compare what i have done to my car and what the poster of this original thread has done.....then tell me how slow new 600's are!!

2000 Camaro Z-28
    Monterrey Maroon with Saddle leather
    All options except T-tops and traction control
    MTI 382 stroker motor with Lunati rotating assembly (11.2 CR)
    Speed Inc SS3 camshaft .611/.619 242/250 114 lobe
    LS2 timing chain
    Lingenfelter ported and shimmed oil pump
    42 lb. SVO fuel injectors
    NGK TR-6 spark plugs gapped at .038
    Taylor Thundervolt spark plug wires
    Walboro in-tank GS340M fuel pump
    Hotwire kit for fuel pump
    Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Full Throttle Speed Timing Tuner
    ASP underdrive pulley
    Turn One aluminum water pump pulley
    AFR 225 heads, Platinum PRC Spring upgrade, 2.08/1.60 valves, hand finished by LPE
    ARP head bolts
    Stage 8 locking header bolts
    FAST 90 mm intake manifold
    Nick Williams 90mm Throttlebody
    BMR tb bypass kit
    Descreened MAF
    TSP lid with K&N filter
    free ram air mod
    Kooks 1 7/8" stepped to 2" stainless race headers with 3 ˝" welded collectors
    Kooks 3" aluminized Y pipe with 3 ˝" inlet/outlet
    Stainless Works 3 ˝" stainless cat back exhaust
    SLP fan control switch
    RPM 4L60E transmission with deep GM Truck style pan, 5 gear planetary with Royal Purple synthetic
    ATF
    Yank Pro Thruster 4000 stall torque converter
    10 bolt rear with 3.42 gears, Summit preload support cover, stud kit, synthetic fluid
    ARP wheel studs (rear)
    Edelbrock Torque Arm w/ poly mount
    Hotchkis front hollow sway bar
    Hotchkis rear hollow sway bar
    Hotchkis welded in sub frame connectors
    BMR lower control arm rubber/poly
    BMR adjustable panhard rod bar
    HAL QAI-R front shocks and HAL springs
    HAL QA1 rear shocks with stock rear springs
    BMR bolt in control arm relocation brackets
    Prothane polyurethane motor mounts
    Bendix front and rear brakes with Hawk HP pads
    Earls Hyperfirm Stainless Steel brake lines
    Ford HD brake fluid
    Hurst line lock kit with pre-bent lines
    Boyd Blaster wheels, 17 X 9.5 front 17 X 11 rear
    Sumitimo 275-40-17 front, M&H Racemaster Drag Radials 325-45-17 rear
    Stull Billet Grill
    Window Tint
    Secondary alarm system
    Optima “Red Top” group 75 battery
    VIN acid etched in all glass
    NX GM MAF nitrous kit, remote bottle opener, thermostatically controlled automatic bottle heater,
    purge kit, nitrous pressure gauge, TPAS switch, three-button rocker panel control, blow down tube
    (Full GEN-X-2 kit). Custom billet aluminum bottle brackets from Aerospace Engineering.

Custom MAF-less computer tuning with EFI Live Flashscan/RoadRunner by Green Light Motorsports
    (open loop tune, 02's not used)

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I never said 600s are slow, so stop saying that I did. I said that from a roll their major advantage is lost.

To shadegray, I appreciate the respectful discussion. I don't know of a track anywhere near here where 600s run. Most tracks in the area have shut down. The closest track besides the one here is 2 hours away and only 1/8 mile. Also at our DA everything runs right at 1 second slower than at sea level, so my ET views are surely skewed a little.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information