Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

last night dinner SMOKED pony,,

i have to say it 1st.. my typing sux.. sorry if it gets kinda hard to read.lol

last nite after work.. i was waiting at the ligh to get on the overpass to in the freeway, when i seen a mustang getting off the freeway..
    the light goes green for me.. i get behind him.. he starts messing around i thought to my self. is time to have some fun,
    we are at the light on the ramp to get on the freeway..
    when we goin it to the freeway he takes off faster than me,, he let me behind, i didnt follow him..
    then he decided to wait for me... we start from there..
    we were side to side at 40 mph.. i go down to 4th gear. he pulls hard for few seconds he was ahead of me for a half of car.. then i take the lead.. he was 1 or 2 cars behind me.. i got the win
    next one.. same thing rolling at 50mph i go down to 4th gear i have to say he had no chance i was ahead like 3-4 cars i had to wait for him to catch up on me.
    then the 3rd and last time i was rolling around 60mph i go down to 4th gear again,, i lost him on my rear view mirror lol. i exited the freeway i saw him passing by on the freeway to catch up on me.lol..
    it was fun.. i dont like to race on the stret like that but i just wanted to show them not mess around with chevy..

it was a 84-86 mustang 5.0 i couldnt hear the motor i had cutout open so i could hear was my car, he had aftermarket rims, nice paint so im guessing engine wasnt stock

mine 00 ss m6, 3.73s slp lid,p&p TB, smooth bellows,electric cutout, flow master exhaust, strut tower brace.. fresh tune up done..

thanks for reading.. sorry for the bad typing
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

3.73's the reason you raced in 4th from a 40-50 roll? I know that's top of 2nd - mid 3rd for my stock 3.42's. It's that much difference? I'm a newb when it comes to rear gears, I honestly have no idea

Nice kill

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    3.73's the reason you raced in 4th from a 40-50 roll? I know that's top of 2nd - mid 3rd for my stock 3.42's. It's that much difference? I'm a newb when it comes to rear gears, I honestly have no idea

Nice kill
    thanks bro..
    i didnt wanna rev to much the engine cuz its burning oil lol.. so i dont wanna blow it up in front of him lol..

about gears im lost too,, lol.. all i knw i want 4.10s..

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

forgot to mention... my clutch is messed up.. so it was acting fummy at the moment

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Double post
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 05-03-2011 at 12:57 PM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Still got the kill, but I would take it easy until you get the issues fixed. I know you already know this, but still gotta say it.

I know all to well clutch issues. I had to replace my entire system a few months after I got my car. But, I'm glad I did, I'm at 203k now with no clutch/pedal issues. LS7 kit FTW

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Thanks again. when it comes to racing. A win is a win no matter how it get done.

My clutch doesn't hook up right. Sometimes I feel all the power there. Some times it's lazy. I was told is the clutch.

Yeah I was told also to get a clutch in good working condition. Has to be replaced all the hydraulics, and stuff like that.
    I'll be getting the ls7 kit.
    It has 125k miles. Still the factory clutch. Lol

Your car has 200k miles??

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

I won't be racing again till I get a new clutch and the motor fixed up.
    Don't Wanna make it worse at the end

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    Thanks again. when it comes to racing. A win is a win no matter how it get done.

My clutch doesn't hook up right. Sometimes I feel all the power there. Some times it's lazy. I was told is the clutch.

Yeah I was told also to get a clutch in good working condition. Has to be replaced all the hydraulics, and stuff like that.
    I'll be getting the ls7 kit.
    It has 125k miles. Still the factory clutch. Lol

Your car has 200k miles??
    My clutch still had life left at 100k when I replaced it. But the slave and master went simultaneously and created quite a mess. I just replaced it all so I wouldn't have to have it torn apart again in the near future.

Yep, actually 202,9xx, close enough to call it 203,000. Still drives great minus a pretty bad power steering leak, but that will be fixed soon enough.

My 99 GMC Sierra work truck has 293,xxx

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Il start buying the parts soon. And get them installed at the same time. Hydraulics from 01-02 should do a good Job right? Or I'm wrong.

Damn. How do u put so many miles on your cars? Lol

Any major issues with your car with that mileage?
    Besides maintenance

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Il start buying the parts soon. And get them installed at the same time. Hydraulics from 01-02 should do a good Job right? Or I'm wrong.

Damn. How do u put so many miles on your cars? Lol

Any major issues with your car with that mileage?
    Besides maintenance
    01-02 parts are good.

I DD'd it 100+ miles a day. And it already had 88k miles on it when I got it.

Water pump, fuel pump, alternator, radiator, cats, and now PS pump. Oh, and I had a throttle cable sticking. But these things have a shelf life to begin with, thanks to GM's substandard parts... the motor itself is perfectly fine. No oil leaks, no tranny leaks, burns very little if any oil, doesn't use coolant.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

On my car I thought it had high mileage lol
    I trust on gm cars. Motor, trans always good

Those parts u had to changed It's nothing major.
    100 miles a day is alot. Lol
    Are u planning on putting more miles on it? Or fry another one with less mileage?
    I gave heavy foot for miles. Soon will have that mileage too

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

On my car I thought it had high mileage lol
    I trust on gm cars. Motor, trans always good

Those parts u had to changed It's nothing major.
    100 miles a day is alot. Lol
    Are u planning on putting more miles on it? Or fry another one with less mileage?
    I gave heavy foot for miles. Soon will have that mileage too
    I will keep this car forever but never DD it again. As for frying another, not an F-body, if I have to buy another DD it will be a cheapo gas saver for all the miles I have to travel, unless I move or jobs start popping up in my pop. 900 town....yeah right.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I will keep this car forever but never DD it again. As for frying another, not an F-body, if I have to buy another DD it will be a cheapo gas saver for all the miles I have to travel, unless I move or jobs start popping up in my pop. 900 town....yeah right.
    900? Lol that's a huge town lol.
    Nice u wanna keep your car forever man. I have same plans with mine.
    I usually drive 20k miles a year. But for some reason I have only put 5k miles on the last 10 months.
    I'll try to keep the mileage low for a while.
    I bought a jeep for a DD. Gas is not to bad but I get better gas mileage on the camaro.

I had a 98 maxima 5 speed. Great mileage car. I think I'll look into one of those again.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice kill! i have 3.73's in my m6 as well. They are pretty much the same as 3.42's just rap out a little bit quicker.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    nice kill! i have 3.73's in my m6 as well. They are pretty much the same as 3.42's just rap out a little bit quicker.
    thanks bro

i dont feel much difference from stock 3.42s i wish i had 4.10s.. i probably get that not far from now

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

no problem. to each his own. my brother has 4.10's, its definitely more torquey but i still like having the advantage on cars that are shifting while im still in one gear so i just wanted to rap it out a lil bit quicker

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    no problem. to each his own. my brother has 4.10's, its definitely more torquey but i still like having the advantage on cars that are shifting while im still in one gear so i just wanted to rap it out a lil bit quicker
    i never drove an M6 with 410s. im curious on how would feel.. on the take off i knw they are quick but i dont knw on the highway..

Thread Information