Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

lamborghini gallardo gets PWND

So the other day im on my way home from work and i pull up to the light before a long straight stretch. As i look over i notice a yellow gallardo pulls up next to me.

I remebered this car as i had raced him getting onto a nearby freeway a week earlier. It had been p[retty much a dead tie. I guess he remebered me
    too because when i looked over he moved foreward and pulled up right next to me.... it was on once again.

The light turned green and that gallardo let out the sexiest bellow from its V10. We took off and he pulled ahead by a 1/4 car. Damn you all wheel drive. But at the top of first i caught up and by the top of third near 85 i was ahead by about a car when we shut down....
    soooo bad ass.

though i probably should mention i was on my bike hahah im pretty sure i would have been absolutely destroyed had a been driving my camaro. but it still would have been nice to see how the camaro stood up against a 200k super car.

end result though:
    $200,000 super car 0
    $4200 bike 1

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

What kinda bike?

I'm guessing a 600-750, since a 1k bike should have put a hurting on that Lambo by way more than 1 car.

White
    01 SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I'm guessing a 600-750, since a 1k bike should have put a hurting on that Lambo by way more than 1 car.
    Although I would tend to agree here, but last time I looked (been a long time), a gsxr750 only ran .3 seconds slower in the 1/4 than a gsxr1000. I think it really comes down to the driver on bike times though.

Whats that lambo run in the 1/4?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I dunno...You'd be surprised. Those Lambos are no joke.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01 SS Vert View Post

Whats that lambo run in the 1/4?
    Typically Gallardo's are good for 11.7 - 12.4 in the quarter mile with trap speeds ranging from 118 - 124 mph. Since there are several different models, the time will fluctuate a bit within that range (unless its the new LP560-4 -- which sports a new & larger V-10 and runs low 11's around 130 mph).

What's remarkable about the Gallardos is that they have a very sophisticated launch control coupled with all-wheel drive thereby making it relatively easy for less skilled drivers to rip a solid 60' time.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

son of a bitch! I thought u were in your fbody. would have been a better story.

A 1k bike can trap in the 130s or better stock. That will dip on almost any Lambo, if not every one.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

A 1k bike can trap in the 130s or better stock. That will dip on almost any Lambo, if not every one.
    I have an 08 GSXR1000. I run 118 in the 1/8th, if that helps out any....

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I have an 08 GSXR1000. I run 118 in the 1/8th, if that helps out any....
    Can you dip on F-bodies with your 1k bike?

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Can you dip on F-bodies with your 1k bike?
    If by "dip" you mean beat I would say YES considering in the 1/8th mile he is trapping more than almost any LS1 car that doesn't have any power adders that are running in the 1/4th mile lol...

118mph @ 1/8th mile > 110mph @ 1/4th mile

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    So the other day im on my way home from work and i pull up to the light before a long straight stretch. As i look over i notice a yellow gallardo pulls up next to me.

I remebered this car as i had raced him getting onto a nearby freeway a week earlier. It had been p[retty much a dead tie. I guess he remebered me
    too because when i looked over he moved foreward and pulled up right next to me.... it was on once again.

The light turned green and that gallardo let out the sexiest bellow from its V10. We took off and he pulled ahead by a 1/4 car. Damn you all wheel drive. But at the top of first i caught up and by the top of third near 85 i was ahead by about a car when we shut down....
    soooo bad ass.

though i probably should mention i was on my bike hahah im pretty sure i would have been absolutely destroyed had a been driving my camaro. but it still would have been nice to see how the camaro stood up against a 200k super car.

end result though:
    $200,000 super car 0
    $4200 bike 1

End result 200k car vs 4200 bike? Please that is the most retarded statement I have seen in the last month. Who gives a shit if you beat a supercar with a bike. Not impressive. His car looks,sounds and all around 1000x better. Not even close in the same ballpark when comparing. Should have saved your breath on this story. I'm sure you destroyed his state of mind with that loss....

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I can pretty much dip on whatever I want to. It's just one of those things where you know you got it, but don't bother to use it.

I can pretty much dip on whatever I want to. It's just one of those things where you know you got it, but don't bother to use it.
    Yeah right, let's see you dip on a F-body with full bolt ons.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

R u serious??? I run 151 in a quarter, and that's comin out of the hole with a nice cautious start. 3450lbs. to 360 lbs. 400hp to 170hp. My bike practically has 1 hp for every 2.1-- somethin pounds. It's in the weight, and the numbers, they don't lie. We're not talkin about a 600 here... If I had to choose between my bike and car, the bike would be gone. I'm not biased, just real talk.

R u serious??? I run 151 in a quarter, and that's comin out of the hole with a nice cautious start. 3450lbs. to 360 lbs. 400hp to 170hp. My bike practically has 1 hp for every 2.1-- somethin pounds. It's in the weight, and the numbers, they don't lie. We're not talkin about a 600 here... If I had to choose between my bike and car, the bike would be gone. I'm not biased, just real talk.
    I was joking..... but seriously... you can't beat an F body.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    End result 200k car vs 4200 bike? Please that is the most retarded statement I have seen in the last month. Who gives a shit if you beat a supercar with a bike. Not impressive. His car looks,sounds and all around 1000x better. Not even close in the same ballpark when comparing. Should have saved your breath on this story. I'm sure you destroyed his state of mind with that loss....
    Wow... your kind of a douche arn't you? Funny how this isnt the first time ive seen your replys bash on people for no reason. It was a simple story of a race that happened. This is the kill section after all. And i never said i destroyed his state of mind. It was just a fun race that i was lucky enough to have with a ridiculously badass car. Just enjoy the story or move on to the next one. simple as that.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

^^^but what kind of bike do you have?
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    ^^^but what kind of bike do you have?
    Suzuki SV650S
    72 HP
    53 TQ
    0-60 in 3.7sec
    1/4 in 12.0

I was surprised that i was able to keep up because the SV series, esspecially the 650, is not a performance model. Thats the GSX and Hyabusas job. But its still a speedy lil devil.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

^^^I ride an 08 ZX6R, its rated at something like 118hp. It runs pretty good, it doesnt like to keep the front wheel on the ground when your hammering on it, if I use the clutch to shift while WOT she will raise up on me everytime.

Thread Information