Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Kinda pathetic kill but a Mustang none the less....

This is a discussion on Kinda pathetic kill but a Mustang none the less.... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; They lose almost 15hp in the AWD form. 10-15 is safe guesstimates though. I love it when it snows though. ...

Black
    01 Camaro SS

They lose almost 15hp in the AWD form. 10-15 is safe guesstimates though. I love it when it snows though. I can finally get into work w/out cussing or sweating!

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Tune, CAI, UD. Thats why I laugh at the unbelievers of the LS2 motors.... My buddy w/ almost identical mods to me dyno'd 314/317 to the wheels. We're both AWD.

Yes, almost a full second. They're finally respectable in GT form.

Thanks.
    thats cool. quick question though. i know the trail blazer ss is rated at like 395 crank, so with a tune, cold air, and underdrive pulley, how did your friend dyno at 317 at the wheels? thats almost a 75 hp loss and its all wheel drive so drivetrain loss isnt nearly as high. am i missing something here?
    let me know....

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    thats cool. quick question though. i know the trail blazer ss is rated at like 395 crank, so with a tune, cold air, and underdrive pulley, how did your friend dyno at 317 at the wheels? thats almost a 75 hp loss and its all wheel drive so drivetrain loss isnt nearly as high. am i missing something here?
    let me know....
    Mustang Dyno. Real numbers, not inflated ones. My Impala was similiar too. 265 stock and only 217 on the Dyno w/ no loss from the AWD. The shop w/ the Dyno doesn't BS his customers. He sets the weight right and the resistance right to what the road would be like and does 3rd gear pulls not to blow the tranny. Could I produce higher numbers? Absolutely. Do numbers really matter that much to me, nope. It only matters to me how it runs. BS'n w/ you guys the last couple months I been dying to get to run w/ a Fbod and come in here and talk about it!!! Some guys come on the TBSS site and talk about running w/ Fbod's on the hwy and stuff and all I can do is laugh at them.... "I'm bone stock and this Camaro got a jump on me. I stopped him and I'm confident If I had a tune i coulda pulled on him....." Right I do want to tango w/ one off the line though.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Pewter
    2000 z28

Mustang Dyno. Real numbers, not inflated ones. My Impala was similiar too. 265 stock and only 217 on the Dyno w/ no loss from the AWD. The shop w/ the Dyno doesn't BS his customers. He sets the weight right and the resistance right to what the road would be like and does 3rd gear pulls not to blow the tranny. Could I produce higher numbers? Absolutely. Do numbers really matter that much to me, nope. It only matters to me how it runs. BS'n w/ you guys the last couple months I been dying to get to run w/ a Fbod and come in here and talk about it!!! Some guys come and talk about running w/ Fbod's on the hwy and stuff and all I can do is laugh at them.... "I'm bone stock and this Camaro just a jump on me. I stopped him and I'm confident If I had a tune i coulda pulled on him....." Right I do want to tango w/ one off the line though.
    i was just curious as i too care nothing about numbers. the ls2 is where its at now, as evidence of the gto's power from a roll. it all depends. i love the trailblazer, just a shame they couldnt keep it around 4200 lbs or something. that would be nice.

you should get some longtubes with true duals. im sure that would scare alot of people, including me.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i was just curious as i too care nothing about numbers. the ls2 is where its at now, as evidence of the gto's power from a roll. it all depends. i love the trailblazer, just a shame they couldnt keep it around 4200 lbs or something. that would be nice.

you should get some longtubes with true duals. im sure that would scare alot of people, including me.
    Headers are to much for me to justify right now. 1300 for them and the cats, as I'm not messing around w/ no cats anymore. Smells and there's no real perf gain to be had, and its a 1000 bucks per missing cat.... Plus another 3-400 to install them since I aint messin w/ this one myself. To much to disconnect and reconnect and have to jack up the motor. Nah.... The efan and stall will put me in the 12s on the track as well as the street. Ill do the headers when I do the H/C, if I do, or when I put the cam in sometime next year or so. I did my T&T w/ the Impala. I'm not interested in doin it w/ the TB. Just want to do stuff in one shot. Why I aint doin the TC till I got the cash to beef up the tranny.

This SUV don't scare nobody. People laugh at it dude!!! One of the guys has video of someone laughing in the backround at a TBSS at the track. Then you hear them go damn! You see that TB trap at 103!!

Pewter
    2000 z28

Headers are to much for me to justify right now. 1300 for them and the cats, as I'm not messing around w/ no cats anymore. Smells and there's no real perf gain to be had, and its a 1000 bucks per missing cat.... Plus another 3-400 to install them since I aint messin w/ this one myself. To much to disconnect and reconnect and have to jack up the motor. Nah.... The efan and stall will put me in the 12s on the track as well as the street. Ill do the headers when I do the H/C, if I do, or when I put the cam in sometime next year or so. I did my T&T w/ the Impala. I'm not interested in doin it w/ the TB. Just want to do stuff in one shot. Why I aint doin the TC till I got the cash to beef up the tranny.

This SUV don't scare nobody. People laugh at it dude!!! One of the guys has video of someone laughing in the backround at a TBSS at the track. Then you hear them go damn! You see that TB trap at 103!!
    the only people that laugh are the people who dont know anything. that makes them cunts.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

On the tale of the GTO's, lemme find the video of my buddy runnin w/ some GTO's. He's got headers, efans, UD, tune, CAI. Runs 13.3s but thats because the exhaust he put on is killin his low end. He's trappin around 105 and only cuttin 2.0s off the line. Exhaust is killin his low end.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    what do stock tbss' syno on a dynojet? i know ls2 goats are mid 340's or so
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

wow, you guys dont know much about your competition do ya. You guys are thinking of the old 96-98 Gts. The 99-04 were high 13 second cars at 101 all day long. Why do you think people say a lt1 and a 99-04 is a good race? Because they both run high 13s......

You guys really need to get off the internet and open your eyes.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol i dont care i have raced mustangs from every year and only lost to an 03 cobra. Mustangs are weak from the factory i race cars everyday so dont tell me to get off the internet you ignorant fuck. Mustangs are weak if you want praise for owning one go to a MUSTANG FORUM, dont ever try and tell me the way things are. The mustang GT has been the biggest v8 joke of a car ever created thanks to you guys we have ricers thinking they can keep up with me cause they beat the ford v8 cars. Now go tell a admin i called you an ignorant fuck, all they will do is ban me which just gives me more time to beat mustangs in races, sO THANKS JACKOFF.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

I think they might have taken it down..... Can't see vids from work but Ill give it a shot anyway. Last I know a couple months ago though it wasn't workin. Hopin for the best.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    wow, you guys dont know much about your competition do ya. You guys are thinking of the old 96-98 Gts. The 99-04 were high 13 second cars at 101 all day long. Why do you think people say a lt1 and a 99-04 is a good race? Because they both run high 13s......

I would bet money I have been down the track 10X more than you, and I'm not kidding about that. I have probably between 500-600 passes down the strip. I've seen plenty of stangs run. I'm not going to be as rude as some others but you are sickly wrong. The 99-04 style GT is not good for a 13 second pass in stock form. Its easy enought to get there but in stock form they are no better than a low 14 at the ultimate best, under the ultimate conditions. Thanks but I'm w/ Bob on this one, No to internet racers! So I'm anything but.......

And oh yeah, its gonna take some optimum conditions w/ a great driver to take a LT1 to a 13 second pass too. Thats not a norm for any LT1. It's been done, but not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    what do stock tbss' syno on a dynojet? i know ls2 goats are mid 340's or so
    2wd's are doin typically 310-320, AWD's are doing typically 295-305 baseline. Of course in the winter though those numbers will inflate.

bullshit good race....stock for stock a lt1 will kill a 99-04 gt all day..dig, roll, over 100...whatever...and no were not talkin bout 96-98 gt's...those fucking pos' couldnt even break 14's in some cases...

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Lol i dont care i have raced mustangs from every year and only lost to an 03 cobra. Mustangs are weak from the factory i race cars everyday so dont tell me to get off the internet you ignorant fuck. Mustangs are weak if you want praise for owning one go to a MUSTANG FORUM, dont ever try and tell me the way things are. The mustang GT has been the biggest v8 joke of a car ever created thanks to you guys we have ricers thinking they can keep up with me cause they beat the ford v8 cars. Now go tell a admin i called you an ignorant fuck, all they will do is ban me which just gives me more time to beat mustangs in races, sO THANKS JACKOFF.
    lol, well said

2wd's are doin typically 310-320, AWD's are doing typically 295-305 baseline. Of course in the winter though those numbers will inflate.
    thanks for the info man!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I agree, when i ahd my lt1 with 2.73 gears and it was an a4 i used to take all of my buddies GTs, one was the 95 cobra r anotehr was a 98GT with headers exhaust intake and pulleys and the otehr was a 02 with magnaflow. I took the 02 everytime by atleast 2 cars.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Nice kill! I love seeing fast SUVs! They can haul a baseball team AND haul a$$!

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

The pre termy Cobras ran in the 13's but not the GT's. I'm on several mustang forums as well and any will tell you the 3v GT's are the first GT's to break the 13 second barrier stock. And since the LT1 arrived the GT was never a match until they finally got serious with this current one.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

He hung w/in a car length to 20 and once I got out of that stock converter dead spot at 20, pulled lengths on him. Shut'er down at 75 or 80 w/ about 6 or 7 lengths in between us. May have been more but all I know is he was in my sideview at about 30mph....
    all the talk about 20s in your post I thought you were trying to say 20 car lengths..
    dude, hes talkin about 20 mph! not 20 lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    The pre termy Cobras ran in the 13's but not the GT's. I'm on several mustang forums as well and any will tell you the 3v GT's are the first GT's to break the 13 second barrier stock. And since the LT1 arrived the GT was never a match until they finally got serious with this current one.
    Dont know what BS stang forums you are at but they dont know what the hell they are talking about.

I forgot though, Im on ls1.com. Reality changes here and you guys thrive off your own ignorance. I guess this is what happens when all the intelligent people leave.

ImpalaSSpeed96
    you'd loose that bet.
    Here is some education for ya, record all stock GT ran mid 13s back to back. Get off the internet man.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information