Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Killed two 2006 evo 9's in one night!

This is a discussion on Killed two 2006 evo 9's in one night! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by tonyjnjz saying EE's EVO is the same as a base lancer is like saying YOUR Fbody WES ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    saying EE's EVO is the same as a base lancer is like saying YOUR Fbody WES is the same as a base model stripped down V6 bird .....your ignorance is rediculous
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about...

The V6 F-Body is BASED on the V8 F-body. Not the other way around. You obviously don't know your history, the F-Body debuted as a V8 Muscle car, not a V6 commuter car. It was designed for performance, drag racing, and taking abuse. The V6 came later, when they needed an economy version to increase sales and appeal to people who didn't want the added power and cost of a V8

The Evo is the opposite. It started life as a crappy Lancer economy car, and they just modified it to be a quote "performance car". Its roots are in the Lancer economy car.

YOUR ignorance is ridiclous, you just got schooled, now stop trying to explain things you have no clue about.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    in that respect our cars are actually CLOSER to there base model counterparts than evo/stis are ....by far ........y do we do SOO Many mods to our fbodys???? suspension/SFC's/ REAR END...........cuz there poorly built as well ......were lucky to have a reasonably priced good looking car with a kick ass engine and tranny
    Now I see why you own a Lingenfelter. Because you can't do any of your own work, due to your lack of understanding cars in general.

The suspension of the F-Body isn't "poorly built". Its built for general use, if you're going to be drag racing you modify it for that purpose. The factory can't appeal to everyone with one setup. The chassis is plenty stiff, jack up one corner of an F-Body, and the chassis doesn't twist like a crappy economy car, its rigid enough. The rear end is the only weak point, and thats only when you start modding and producing more power than stock. There are plenty of guys in the 11's on the stock rear, its all how you drive it.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by KageSS View Post

WoW, nice comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't stand people coming in here and talking shit about things they have no clue about.

And I can't stand ricers trying to rep' their cars on LS1.com, take your rice somewhere else, nobody cares

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i am impressed as well u made many intelligent points in there...i didnt think he had it in him.........AND He did it without name calling.....i own a lingenfelter because i got a fantastic deal on it and always admired his work seeing it in the super car challanges and checking out his site..dont be jealous id spank the crap out of u wes.......as far as the evo goes its been a rally car since the late 80s.....im fairly certian they know how to build them by now......i find it hard to understand y u cant respect a car that pulls more Gs than MANY 100k plus sports cars.....is as fast as an fbody when drivin well and can be drivin in all sorts of weather.......and for only 30k.....how much fun would it be on the streets if we didnt have these and many other jap cars to play with?

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

It's always a funny thread when wesman gets on a roll

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by imflyn View Post

It's always a funny thread when wesman gets on a roll
    yea it is. he is like a v8 ricer with some of his shit he says

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

this is like a broken record that i'm fixing to toss out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information