Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

killed ss silverado and tundra (with my duramax)

This is a discussion on killed ss silverado and tundra (with my duramax) within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by adam3566 No way in hell fat ass truck stock will run a 14.3 or faster. Not to ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member jmadden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    23

    Silver
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    No way in hell fat ass truck stock will run a 14.3 or faster. Not to use magazine racing but http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...re+page-5.html I guess they can't drve................. No "stock" regular truck will run that quick sides maybe an srt10 or a harley davidson edition or lighting
    You don't know what your talking about. Come to monroe louisiana. I'll meet you at our local track with my brother-in-law's truck. Bring your checkbook.

  2. #22
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by jmadden View Post
    You don't know what your talking about. Come to monroe louisiana. I'll meet you at our local track with my brother-in-law's truck. Bring your checkbook.
    Lol like im going to fly down to some hick town and waste my money on a piece of shit slow ass truck? No thanks. Still slow and not buying that it's stock.

  3. #23
    Junior Member jmadden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    23

    Silver
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Lol like im going to fly down to some hick town and waste my money on a piece of shit slow ass truck? No thanks. Still slow and not buying that it's stock.
    Learn to search. Google/Yahoo/MSN.............. all kinds of options. You'll be surprised at what you can learn (even if you are a hick). Nevermind I give up.. your right it's not stock its "souped up"

  4. #24
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    i've heard of a few of those POS tundras doing alow 14's stock

  5. #25
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    they tundras or damn quick for a normal truck....basically what the Hemi Ram was trying to do.....and its not like the fast class of truck is that large so a tundra can surprise some people

  6. #26
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    the hemi ram is slow-as-shit

  7. #27
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    they tundras or damn quick for a normal truck....basically what the Hemi Ram was trying to do.....and its not like the fast class of truck is that large so a tundra can surprise some people
    I guess they had to try and do something to get people's attention, seeing as they are trying to break into a market dominated by American manufacturers, all of whom have been building trucks longer than Toyota has even been in business. They have been perfecting their product lines for generations, and Toyota decides to just jump in head first and try to get a chunk of the profits, its a joke.

    So basically they ended up with an ugly ass, overpriced, unreliable truck that does nothing well at all. They have been having all kinds of problems, first the motors were throwing camshafts (yes, literally, cams breaking in the heads), then the transmission problems, then the tailgates falling off, and of course the infamous Youtube unlevel road test that shows just how weak the frame really is, where the cab and bed contact each other and give it a new paint job. They claim it can tow 10,000lbs, I wouldn't trust putting half that weight on that truck with its weak frame and 1/2 ton spec.

    As for it being "fast", thats pointless. Its a damn pickup truck, if you want to go fast, you don't buy one in the first place. A 14 second pickup truck means nothing when it comes to real world truck applications such as towing, hauling, and off road use.

  8. #28
    Junior Member jmadden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    23

    Silver
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    the hemi ram is slow-as-shit
    I think dodge may be coming out with an SRT-8 ram which would be the 425 horse 6.1 hemi. That might be interesting. SRT-8s are impressive in all the currently available packages (jeep grand cherokee, magnum, charger, challenger, and 300)

  9. #29
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I guess they had to try and do something to get people's attention, seeing as they are trying to break into a market dominated by American manufacturers, all of whom have been building trucks longer than Toyota has even been in business. They have been perfecting their product lines for generations, and Toyota decides to just jump in head first and try to get a chunk of the profits, its a joke.

    So basically they ended up with an ugly ass, overpriced, unreliable truck that does nothing well at all. They have been having all kinds of problems, first the motors were throwing camshafts (yes, literally, cams breaking in the heads), then the transmission problems, then the tailgates falling off, and of course the infamous Youtube unlevel road test that shows just how weak the frame really is, where the cab and bed contact each other and give it a new paint job. They claim it can tow 10,000lbs, I wouldn't trust putting half that weight on that truck with its weak frame and 1/2 ton spec.


    As for it being "fast", thats pointless. Its a damn pickup truck, if you want to go fast, you don't buy one in the first place. A 14 second pickup truck means nothing when it comes to real world truck applications such as towing, hauling, and off road use.

    Exactly, I'v watched a couple of chevy vs tundra's on youtube and it isn't even close. Makes me happy I own my silverado and not some p.o.s tundra that's "quick"

  10. #30
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I guess they had to try and do something to get people's attention, seeing as they are trying to break into a market dominated by American manufacturers, all of whom have been building trucks longer than Toyota has even been in business. They have been perfecting their product lines for generations, and Toyota decides to just jump in head first and try to get a chunk of the profits, its a joke.

    So basically they ended up with an ugly ass, overpriced, unreliable truck that does nothing well at all. They have been having all kinds of problems, first the motors were throwing camshafts (yes, literally, cams breaking in the heads), then the transmission problems, then the tailgates falling off, and of course the infamous Youtube unlevel road test that shows just how weak the frame really is, where the cab and bed contact each other and give it a new paint job. They claim it can tow 10,000lbs, I wouldn't trust putting half that weight on that truck with its weak frame and 1/2 ton spec.

    As for it being "fast", thats pointless. Its a damn pickup truck, if you want to go fast, you don't buy one in the first place. A 14 second pickup truck means nothing when it comes to real world truck applications such as towing, hauling, and off road use.
    while i agee with you that the tundra is a POS, a truck built for work and having the capability to run a low 14 would be nice to have. so here i am waiting for gm to build something people like me want. i had an 04 chevy with a 5.3. nice cruising truck but definately not an engine meant for towing. shit even if i put my snowmobile in the box it would be shifting in and out of overdrive and it's only 500 pounds.

  11. #31
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I guess they had to try and do something to get people's attention, seeing as they are trying to break into a market dominated by American manufacturers, all of whom have been building trucks longer than Toyota has even been in business. They have been perfecting their product lines for generations, and Toyota decides to just jump in head first and try to get a chunk of the profits, its a joke.

    So basically they ended up with an ugly ass, overpriced, unreliable truck that does nothing well at all. They have been having all kinds of problems, first the motors were throwing camshafts (yes, literally, cams breaking in the heads), then the transmission problems, then the tailgates falling off, and of course the infamous Youtube unlevel road test that shows just how weak the frame really is, where the cab and bed contact each other and give it a new paint job. They claim it can tow 10,000lbs, I wouldn't trust putting half that weight on that truck with its weak frame and 1/2 ton spec.

    As for it being "fast", thats pointless. Its a damn pickup truck, if you want to go fast, you don't buy one in the first place. A 14 second pickup truck means nothing when it comes to real world truck applications such as towing, hauling, and off road use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmadden View Post
    I think dodge may be coming out with an SRT-8 ram which would be the 425 horse 6.1 hemi. That might be interesting. SRT-8s are impressive in all the currently available packages (jeep grand cherokee, magnum, charger, challenger, and 300)
    i guess we'll see. probably be as fast as a chevy 6.0L or a tundra maybe. there is a guy with an srt-10 around here now i wanna race with my truck

  12. #32
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i guess we'll see. probably be as fast as a chevy 6.0L or a tundra maybe. there is a guy with an srt-10 around here now i wanna race with my truck
    The 6.0L trucks with the LQ9 will walk all over a Tundra, all day long. Shit, my dad got a ticket racing one a couple months back. Dude got the jump on him and everything, yet he went flying by em somewhere around 45mph.
    I've driven one of the SRT-10s, and there slow as shit. The only one worth anything is the manual (which has its downfalls for sure) regular cab. The crewcab is slow as piss.

  13. #33
    Member 180ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego (Poway)
    Posts
    516
    1998 Firebird Formula WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    LOL yeah it's not bad for the money i have into it. about 4 grand all together including the price of the truck itself.

    i'd like to try a new gtech but would like to hear from somebody who has one
    i have one and it works well i have never compared it to track times but most all of the tests say it will be no more then 1 mph and 1/10 different from what the track says. I might be interested in selling, i just dont use it now that i have a radar detector on my windshield.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. tag of war duramax vs cummins.
    By dav-02ws6-m6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 05:54 PM
  2. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 08:01 AM
  3. Duramax???
    By StuntmanMike in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
  4. FS 2006 silverado duramax/allison
    By bsilly in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •