Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Killed an SRT-8 Charger yesterday!

This is a discussion on Killed an SRT-8 Charger yesterday! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I hear ya! An orange 3500 lb Challenger is at the top of my list! If it is a porker ...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I hear ya!

An orange 3500 lb Challenger is at the top of my list! If it is a porker (Charger), then I will have to pass and get the new SS! Or save for a used C6Z06...

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Word on the street....errr....internet is that the Challenger will also tonnage-challenged....ie....about 2 tons worth.

That's too bad - I really like everything else about it.
    Bob

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Word on the street....errr....internet is that the Challenger will also tonnage-challenged....ie....about 2 tons worth.

That's too bad - I really like everything else about it.
    Bob
    Right now, it's on a 5" shortened wheelbase of the Charger LX platform. The Charger SRT8, fully loaded w/ a full tank of gas weighs 4200lbs. The Challenger, as it stands, will be heavy.

However, there is speculation that by the time it officially debuts, production ready in Feb. 2008 at the Chicago Auto Show, it will be on a different platform. The GTO is pretty heavy w/ no trunk space, hopefully the Challenger will weigh the same with more utility. (gotta have some place for the slicks!).

If you gotta have a 4door, the Pontiac G8 w/ the new LS3 will be the hot ticket in the $35k range or so. I'd rather defy tradition with a 4door Charger name than a goofy name like "Gee eight". But the G8 could be the way to go!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    Right now, it's on a 5" shortened wheelbase of the Charger LX platform. The Charger SRT8, fully loaded w/ a full tank of gas weighs 4200lbs. The Challenger, as it stands, will be heavy.

However, there is speculation that by the time it officially debuts, production ready in Feb. 2008 at the Chicago Auto Show, it will be on a different platform. The GTO is pretty heavy w/ no trunk space, hopefully the Challenger will weigh the same with more utility. (gotta have some place for the slicks!).

If you gotta have a 4door, the Pontiac G8 w/ the new LS3 will be the hot ticket in the $35k range or so. I'd rather defy tradition with a 4door Charger name than a goofy name like "Gee eight". But the G8 could be the way to go!
    I know...........WTF "G 8"? To call it a Grand Prix would have been much better. GM and Pontiac are trying to rename their cars with a European style. G8, G6, stupid! Why do we have to try to emulate them? Most of those cars are crap with uninspiring names. Grand Prix, Charger, Mustang, hell even Javelin are all great names, to name a few.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information