2007 F150

Killed a Sales Managers Dream

This happened several years ago. Started a new job and the sales manager kept going on and on about how fast his 3 series BMW is. If I heard one story I heard a million. So one day he decides he wants to ride with me on some sales calls. At that time I had an 02 SS 6sp with long tube headers. Fast but not scary fast. That car was a lot of fun. Any how we are on a back street rolling back to the office. Came up to a 90 degree turn so I slow down going aroun the turn. I wasn't planning on doing this but after going around the turn in first gear I nailed it half way through the gear and power shifted second. This guy starts screaming until I shut it down. No room for 3rd, which is really bad because 3rd was the gear that really got the car rolling. So after shutting it down all he had to say was "It never quit"!! I never said a word back to him, just drove back to the office. Felt the car said everthing that needed to be said. One sales manager KILLED.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hahaha nice dude! nice!!! welcome to the board as well!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I think I'll do that to my boss. That may shut him up.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

haha my boss has an gen 1 cts v. idk if it a ls6 or ls2

Blue
    2002-WS6

nice, thats the same thing my wife said after she drove my car for the first time, needless to say she doesnt want to drive it anymore.
    2011 GS

black, black Twins
    93 Supra , 94 Supra Turbo

It's funny how people change their thinking, after taking a ride in a car that they didn't think was faster than their new car. I'm looking to destroy Ferrari, Lambo, and Viper, owners myself. Those are the fun ones, because most of them are pretty full of themselves. I taunt them first with, "hey, do you think my little Toyota can keep up that that?"
    It's gotta be fast and sexy.
    93 Supra T 6spd,(1 of 197) 1K WHP build under way. Streetable!!!!!
    94 Supra Turbo(1 of 549) 600 rwhp on pump gas. 700+ rwhp on race fuel.
    http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/a...foronemore.jpg

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yes but the 93+ supras are known around the world now, most people do not see them as a little toyota and most people just assume all 93+s are turbo. I am sure most of those guys would still rather be rolling in a ferrari, lambo or viper. I have had fast civics beat me in a race and I never once questioned my choice of car.

black, black Twins
    93 Supra , 94 Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes but the 93+ supras are known around the world now, most people do not see them as a little toyota and most people just assume all 93+s are turbo. I am sure most of those guys would still rather be rolling in a ferrari, lambo or viper. I have had fast civics beat me in a race and I never once questioned my choice of car.
    They are mostly known through the Jap imports. As far as the big price tag cars go. Those buyers still look at it as an old Toyota. A lot of them know that technology is catching up with cubic inches. In the case of Supra, most don't think the technology has passed the big displacements.
    I almost wish there were more of them. But that would bring the value of mine down. As far as having a black Supra, that is the most popular for that car during the years of 93 to 98 in the U.S.. But it is a very low number by most production standards. I wish I had a 96 turbo. There were only 88 turbo Supras sent here in 96. And they were all Autos. I had a chance to buy a Jewel Green for $18k. I kick myself til this day for not trying to get that one (1 of 11)

Thread Information