Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Killed a new Camaro yesterday

This is a discussion on Killed a new Camaro yesterday within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by BashamWS6 Hey do whatever makes you happy. But i dont need the WS6 badge on my back ...

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    Hey do whatever makes you happy. But i dont need the WS6 badge on my back bumper for gurls.
    Sarcasm is lost on you...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    Sarcasm is lost on you...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Well I for one don't buy cars for gas mileage or the useless respect of strangers.. I buy cars that I like.. I'm not a 4cyl/electric person tho.. I'm into small displacement GM 60* "V" motors. That's what I buy that's what I build.. The technology for GM v6's producing more power than a "v8" has been around for more than 30 years and about 20 with the advent of the obI and the "x" car platforms.. The TDC 3.4l with multi port was making more hp than the 305 tune port cars on a lousy 207 ci.. Today you have a 3.6l 60* motor producing 304hp in an N/A platform.. Pretty close to stock ls1 numbers huh? Admittedly it's in a very heavy car tho.. The after market for 60*v6 has been growing, in the past few years I'd say it has grown 5-10 fold.. The 90* v6 are quickly becomming replaced with 660's too.. Just as the ls1 helped revolutionized how engines are built the 660 did for the GM's v6 group of engines.. Remember when Chevrolet's biggest engines were 6's? They've got it figured I'd say..

Very well stated smittro, im looking for a 3rd gen auto v6 right now!
    I think it would be cool to have both.
    whooping the sh*t out of imports and they ask you if its a v8 and you laugh and tell em v6 haha
    i think it would be cool.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    Very well stated smittro, im looking for a 3rd gen auto v6 right now!
    I think it would be cool to have both.
    whooping the sh*t out of imports and they ask you if its a v8 and you laugh and tell em v6 hahai think it would be cool.
    I also liked the look they get when you tell them it's a 24v not an iron head or a high valve....

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

I also liked the look they get when you tell them it's a 24v not an iron head or a high valve....
    Your too smart for me

Impounded
    Too much hp?.. I don't think there's a such thing. If the turbo and super charger question was to me.. No I don't just mean turbo, and superchargers.. I'm talking forged internals, cams, headers, heads.. etc, etc.. I threw in a comment about the n/a (tdc) 4 cam motor.. The n/a global 3.6 will have a following just the same I bet.. I'm not getting down on v8 powered cars.. I love the sound of a v8 too. But I also like v6 platforms as well... I think folks should build/buy whatever they like/want..

Naw. The Super charger and turbo and too much horse power comments were to MrKid
    But and when i refered to shitty sounding exhausts i was talking about the 2010 Camaros.
    Friend of mine has a 2001 black camaro very similar to yours..
    He has stock exhaust and it sounds great
    i was bashing the 2010 V6 Camaro exhausts.
    And i agree with you. I was merely sharing my two cents and apparently i was being ignorant

White
    1998 Trans Am

Well I was bored so I stopped by a Ford dealer my friend works at and test drove a 2011 Stang V6. I have to say I was impressed. Much nicer interior and and ride than the Camaro. It's fast for a V6 and shifts well I have to admit I like it better than the Camaro and Probablty would get one over a Challenger RT. Can't wait to try out a new GT. I may go back to Ford's when they come up used in a year from now. $40k for a Camaro seems out of control. you can get a nice low Mileage LS3 Vette for less than that.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Your too smart for me
    Nah just spent alot of time with the 660's..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Nah just spent alot of time with the 660's..
    i can see that.
    What exactly is a 660? im assuming it has something to do with the 3.8

White
    2008 Hummer H3

i can see that.
    What exactly is a 660? im assuming it has something to do with the 3.8
    It's v6-60* the 3.8 is a v6-90* Referring to the "V" angle.. TDC= Twin Dual Cam which is also a form of the "X" block and specific to "W" body cars. TDC is also a 60* "v" angle 24-valve v6 engine completely designed by Chevrolet, and father to the Northstar..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-11-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

It's v6-60* the 3.8 is a v6-90* Referring to the "V" angle.. TDC= Twin Dual Cam which is also a form of the "X" block and specific to "W" body cars. TDC is also a 60* "v" angle 24-valve v6 engine completely designed by Chevrolet, and father to the Northstar..
    interesting ill be sure to go to you if i have any questions on the third gen

White
    2008 Hummer H3

interesting ill be sure to go to you if i have any questions on the third gen
    If I can help I will..

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

If I can help I will..
    im sure you can thanks!

Impounded
    Car and Driver Magizine actually rated the Mustang better than the Camaro for both the V6 and V8 version. And those challengers are awesome with tons of interior room. Its just fords never hold up. My family has own an 2002 f150 1994 f 250 and a 99 mustang. They literally fall apart after 120,000 miles...brakes worel multiple times transmissions gave out and wiring problems with all three of them. 99 monte carlo...195,000 only needed a new linking cable or something for the transmission and regular checkups and up keepings

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Absolutely. My department users Ford Exploders, and they are in the shop more than on the road. We have put 3 transmissions in one, and another is on it's second. Add brakes every 5000 miles, and multiple bad sensors, and the down time is just too much. I will never buy a Ford product.

Impounded
    Yes. Even as sharp as those mustang are...Ford is not that great..
    Umm dodge. No idea. I was born and raised in GMC cars and trucks so there are some exceptions i guesd

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    I don't understand why people are willing to spend 30 plus thousand on a base model when you can invest a little more and get the ballzy model...I just don't get it...I mean if your already gonna be spending that much right? Might as well get the top of the line...nice story btw.
    Then might as well get a vette
    Unless you prefer the v6 models..

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    Yes. Even as sharp as those mustang are...Ford is not that great..
    Umm dodge. No idea. I was born and raised in GMC cars and trucks so there are some exceptions i guesd
    I had several 87 to 93 5.0 Mustang LX's and GT's and they were great running and fast cars when I was 19 to 23. The 96 GT 4.6 I had wasn't that great. The S10 Blazer I had was a colplete POS so was the Jimmy version I got right after. Neither one made it past 100k. I had a Buick Riviera for a DD that was ok. Honestly the best truck I ever had was a Ford Ranger 4.0 5spd. Aside from my Trailblazer being bigger and having leather, rear air, and all the toys my 91 Explorer 5spd had 145k when I sold it and never had to replace anything exceplt a couple tie rods, starter, shock, and battery. Some of it was due to it being a 4wd winter beater and I got it cheap with 90k and never too that good care of it but it made it to FL and I had it a few years there. I had a Ram Hemi that was bad azz, much nicer than any of the fords or chevy's I drove in the price range and for a regular cab it had the most room.

I think the Trans Am is nice but has several flaws with GM's usual corner cutting. Cheap leather for the seats and why is the back of my seat plastic? Those stupid daytime running lights that crack the plastick and the sockets all rot away. Finally diconnected that crap wish I did it years ago and I wouldn't need new lenses. Give the new Camaro some time and it's flkaws will show while I believe Ford is actually trying to build a better car finally after all those mediocre 4.6 Gt's.
    My Trailblazer I have to say actually has a decent interior.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    I don't understand why people are willing to spend 30 plus thousand on a base model when you can invest a little more and get the ballzy model...I just don't get it...I mean if your already gonna be spending that much right? Might as well get the top of the line...nice story btw.
    the base model v6's were $21500 last week in little rock and a used one with less than 15-20k with rs package was about the same.
    i almost bought one till me and the wife found our tbss.

black
    1999 trans am

WOW !!!! So you ran a V6 & beat it !!!! Now I guess you will want to run a new mustang with a V6 ???? Watch out for the new 2011 Mustang Gt s they will smoke you !!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information