Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Killed my buddy's '98 Vette...twice

First time was a few weeks ago...we met up at Chik-fil-a (at Arundel Mills Mall, for those who know the area) to grab some food before work. As we're leaving I cut him off leaving the parking lot (just goofing around). He follows me down the road and we get onto I-295 going south towards work, I speed up down the onramp onto the highway, with him right on my ass. As we merge onto the highway, I see this cop up ahead with someone pulled over, I figure I'm already going too fast to slow down, so I nail it past him. My friend has a radar detector, so he slowed down as we merged. I take it up to 140 and hold it there all the way to work. As I'm slowing down for the off ramp to work, I see my friend flying up behind me. We take the ramp (double wide ramp) side by side (I'm on the inside) at about 100, and to my surprise he starts to get loose and lets off and gets behind me. Needless to say I beat him to work, and I still havn't let him live it down to this day.

The second time was this past Saturday. We'd been hanging out all day, goofing around on video games and whatnot before work. By the time we realize it's time to go to work, it's too late for him to drive me back to my house to get my car before work. So, we ride into work together. After about 2 hours at work, we ask our boss if we can go out to get food, with the intention of stopping by my house to get my car before coming back. So we leave work, and he drives me home, I get my car and we head up to the mall to get food before going back to work. We get on I-95 North (he's behind me) and I decided to do a little weaving in and out of the light traffic. I was doing this mainly to see if my friend had the balls to keep up with me. We were doing about 120 up the highway when I made it through a spot in traffic that closed up for him. I was laughing for a good 15 minutes...all the way to the mall, where I started harassing him about it. It was great, he had his head hung low and all.

Oh, I forgot the mention...for both of these incidents, I wasn't driving Nymphadora, I was driving my Daily Driver ('04 M5 Mazda 3).

I havn't yet gotten to race his vette with Nymphadora, but I'll be sure to post it up when I do.
    Last edited by ls1camino; 01-30-2008 at 08:56 AM.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

you were running 140mph in a m3? damn

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    you were running 140mph in a m3? damn
    Yeah, my one mod...tune the 119 mph governor out

The car can go to 120 in 4th...my thinking = well, I have another gear, why not utilize it? and besides, the speedo goes up to 145, so they must have meant for someone to go that fast in that car.

That little car is sick...I've pushed it to it's limits and it keeps surprising me, day after day.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

You're an idiot and you deserve to go to jail. Weaving through "light traffic" at 120mph is idiocy.

Flame away, you're still the dumbass.

Chris

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    You're an idiot and you deserve to go to jail. Weaving through "light traffic" at 120mph is idiocy.

Flame away, you're still the dumbass.

Chris
    I probably do, and I'm not going to waste my time flaming you, but I bet you were young and stupid once too, and I'll probably look back on this 5 years from now when I'm sitting around with my buddies talking about stupid shit we did when we were younger and laugh about how we DIDN'T go to jail for that sudden lack of judgement.

PS: Thanks for the free bump.

Black
    1998 Trans am

It really doesnt sound like you beat the vette. He slowed for a cop and you didnt, but at the exit he was on you. Then you were ahead and shot a gap that closed on him, and used traffic to stay ahead.
    Try it on an open road and you will see what your Mazdas ass looks like when he hands it to you.

We all probably did stupid shit when we were young, I know I did.
    98 Trans Am, A4, 3.73, 3200 Vigilante, LCA's, reloc brackets, sfc's, panhard bar, adjustable torque arm, XS long tube headers, ORY, SLP CNC ported heads and all the free mods tuned with EFILive.
    Best 1/4 et 12.53
    Best 1/4 mph 107.78
    Best 60' 1.71

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Sounds like fun, but don't push your luck.

Get the both of you to the track and line 'em up!

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Oh, I know he can kick my Mazda's ass up and down the street...I'm waiting till I get Nymphadora fixed so I can walk all over his granny shifting behind

Black
    1998 Trans am

Sounds like a lot more fun, anyway, good luck.

Thread Information