Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Killed a jetta, then owner smack talked...?

I was cruising down route Route 80 after just smacking down a mid 90's STS and I came upon two old V Dubs that looked to be racing by all the black smoke coming out of the tail pipes. One was an old GTI and the other a Jetta. I passed up the GTI and then ran down the Jetta. I won't disclose how fast I was going. Let's just say around the speed limit (he he).

Annnnyhow, we come off the exit ramp approaching a red light and of course, instead of lining up next to me, they took a side street. Jetta boy slows down and yells out "how much did you pay for that thing"? and like an idiot, I told him. He then yelled out "Three Grand" while pointing to his old Jetta.... Before I could say "So what? you paid $2500 too much for it" he drove off.

I guess he feels good that he got smoked in his three thousand dollar Jetta, lol.

silver
    2002 ws6

how can anyone feel good driving a jetta

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

He apparently did, however he passed up a perfect opportunity to line up with me at a stop light, probably because he knew he would get slaughtered. Instead he chose to veer off, shoot his mouth off and drive away.

Granted, for what it was, the V Dub did pretty well against me from a highway roll but I cleary out ran him in then end. I'm still confused why he was so proud that he paid 3$k for an old VW Jetta but the moral of the story is, why did I pay so much more for my car then Jetta boy did for his?

1: So I don't have to say I "almost" hung with another car on the highway and
    2: So I don't have wuss out of stop light encounters
    3: because my car is a convertible
    4: because it's faster
    5: because it's not a 1990 VW Jetta

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    I'm still confused why he was so proud that he paid 3$k for an old VW Jetta but the moral of the story is, why did I pay so much more for my car then Jetta boy did for his?

1: So I don't have to say I "almost" hung with another car on the highway and
    2: So I don't have wuss out of stop light encounters
    3: because my car is a convertible
    4: because it's faster
    5: because it's not a 1990 VW Jetta
    I'd just go with "because it's a f***ing Camaro SS". What else do you need to tell a trash talking Jetta driver? I don't understand why putzes get so defensive about losing a race. Not like they're losing money on it...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

I guess he was trying to point out that his $3000 Jetta "almost" kept up with my Camaro SS. Who cares? There's a lot of cars out there that can "almost" keep up with my stock LS1 Camaro from a highway roll. There are also many that can keep up and will leave me like I'm satnding still. I don't get all butt hurt about it. It's not why I bought the car. And if he was really that confident about his car, like I said, he would have taken the opprtunity to try me from a dig.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    I guess he was trying to point out that his $3000 Jetta "almost" kept up with my Camaro SS. Who cares? There's a lot of cars out there that can "almost" keep up with my stock LS1 Camaro from a highway roll. There are also many that can keep up and will leave me like I'm satnding still. I don't get all butt hurt about it. It's not why I bought the car. And if he was really that confident about his car, like I said, he would have taken the opprtunity to try me from a dig.
    Exactly. I got my ass kicked by a random 300ZX TT the other day. I didn't get all pissy about it and point out that I almost kept up with him. I just told him he had a nice car. Sheez.

Thread Information