Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Killed by friends modded foxbody. need advice...

This is a discussion on Killed by friends modded foxbody. need advice... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; if that link all holds true to my engine, then wow. that is amazing. although, are u sure that will ...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

if that link all holds true to my engine, then wow. that is amazing. although, are u sure that will end up being less than a grand?

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

dont do it....mod your tbi....then when u have money buy another car

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    dont do it....mod your tbi....then when u have money buy another car
    stfu. if that link holds true, and i can do it for less than a grand, im gonna fuckin do it.

if its more expensive and/or doesnt work for my engine, i will go with an lt1 engine swap. end of story

Impounded

ok srry........just my opinion...dont got to go all bf mode on me

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

When you make your budget, double it. You'll spend all of that and much more.

Bob

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Check out cfm-tech...with just their TB spacer you'll see a nice gain. The best thing about their spacer is the cut-out in the middle, it allows the engine to pull fuel/air from both bores. Also do some/all of the free mods from third gen.

http://www.thirdgen.org/ultimatetbi
    http://www.thirdgen.org/ultimatetbi2

http://www.cfm-tech.com/?gclid=CNihi...FRWZYAod6icr1g <---read their site...it has some good info too

Remember that the more power you make the more fuel you need...which is where the tbi really lacks. Stock they only put out like 13psi so a new pump and adjustable regulator is a must even with just bolt-ons.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Check out cfm-tech...with just their TB spacer you'll see a nice gain. The best thing about their spacer is the cut-out in the middle, it allows the engine to pull fuel/air from both bores. Also do some/all of the free mods from third gen.

http://www.thirdgen.org/ultimatetbi
    http://www.thirdgen.org/ultimatetbi2

http://www.cfm-tech.com/?gclid=CNihi...FRWZYAod6icr1g <---read their site...it has some good info too

Remember that the more power you make the more fuel you need...which is where the tbi really lacks. Stock they only put out like 13psi so a new pump and adjustable regulator is a must even with just bolt-ons.
    wow. awesome info. all you guys are getting more helpful by each post. i just recently registered to thirdgen.org... its just that some of it isnt described as specifically as i need it to be. new fuel pump is now on my list of things to buy. thank you (i havent looked at that third link yet, i will in a little bit when i have more time. i appreciate it big time)

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    When you make your budget, double it. You'll spend all of that and much more.

Bob
    thanks. thats great advice. exactly the type i need (no sarcasm at all)

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

To bad you don't live in Florida I would give you a rebuildable 350 4 bolt main and I think it has a stock steal crank. I remeber how hard it was to get my old 1984 Z28 parts when I was 16, so if your ever in Florida let me know.

P.S. I'm only offering the deal to ATCharming to try and help.....

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

as i said b4, if you do up the top end with some performance heads and manifold (with either throttle body spacer and chip, or a good performance carb), in addition to some induction and exhaust mods like headers and intake, you'll not only have a blast with your newfound power but all that stuff will bolt right on to a 350 block (make sure it is 1987 or newer) and give you even more appreciation for the power of the smallblock chevrolet, as well as give your friend something to fear a few doors down!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00ssSLP View Post
    To bad you don't live in Florida I would give you a rebuildable 350 4 bolt main and I think it has a stock steal crank. I remeber how hard it was to get my old 1984 Z28 parts when I was 16, so if your ever in Florida let me know.

P.S. I'm only offering the deal to ATCharming to try and help.....

AHH! i could be down there in like 10-15 days!

my gma is comin up here from florida for a few days, and i know my sister is going back with her. im sure they wouldnt mind me coming with.

Impounded

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post

AHH! i could be down there in like 10-15 days!

my gma is comin up here from florida for a few days, and i know my sister is going back with her. im sure they wouldnt mind me coming with.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Just let me know so I can have it ready for when you come to Florida. This 350 came out of a early 70's Chevy truck so I would suggest to bore it 30 and I also have a set of Eagle H-beam Rods I paid $429.99 without shipping I will sell you for $250.00. These rods are new still in the plastic bags and the box, never used so I have to charge at least that. I had them for sale for $350 but I know money comes hard at 16 so I will do the $250.00. The only thing you might spend some money on after that is a good set of forged pistons, good set of heads ( witch for cheap heads that give pretty good power I suggest the Chevy vortec heads) intake and carb. Then I would put a NX 150 shot and if you don’t beat that mustang with that I will personally come down there and take the parts back because you shouldn’t have them. LOL J/K but you will beat him

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00ssSLP View Post
    Just let me know so I can have it ready for when you come to Florida. This 350 came out of a early 70's Chevy truck so I would suggest to bore it 30 and I also have a set of Eagle H-beam Rods I paid $429.99 without shipping I will sell you for $250.00. These rods are new still in the plastic bags and the box, never used so I have to charge at least that. I had them for sale for $350 but I know money comes hard at 16 so I will do the $250.00. The only thing you might spend some money on after that is a good set of forged pistons, good set of heads ( witch for cheap heads that give pretty good power I suggest the Chevy vortec heads) intake and carb. Then I would put a NX 150 shot and if you don’t beat that mustang with that I will personally come down there and take the parts back because you shouldn’t have them. LOL J/K but you will beat him
    about the mustang thing. awesome... (read my pm)

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

dude SS, thats pretty cool of you to hook him up like that! Edelbrock makes some pretty cool vortec parts, an aftermarket vortec intake and built vortec heads. Save your money like crzy and get that block!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information