2001 WS6, 2003 SRT4(sold)

Thumbs up Killed Charger SRT-8; Lost to Turbo 350Z

The loss:

I was stopped and a convertible 350Z was behind me, revving his engine, or at least it sounded as if he was. I noticed his FMIC and guage pod, and thought to myself "ah, this could be interesting." I revved my engine loudly to let him know I was interested, and the guy held his hand up in the air and rubbed his fingers together as if he wanted money. Right. Anyway, I blipped the gas as I got moving so he'd have enough space to get next to me. He took the bait. We lined up, I turned off TCS, and went WOT. Then he flew by so fast it was as though I was standing still. Ouch - I lost to one of those "hard to modify" 350Zs. We stopped and I said his 350Z sounded nice, to which he said nothing and looked at me blankly. I don't get that. Losing or winning, to me, is independent of how I treat another driver. Maybe I just caught him off guard?

The win:

A sweet black charger SRT-8 and I went at it, and each time I pulled away. It couldn't keep up. I was amazed! I did not beat it badly, but I was definitely walking away. We went back and forth for a while, giving each other the nod to go, and so on. At one point I slowed down to let him pass me and I floored it again, and it was then I had a very difficult time catching up. The driver was a nice guy - I complimented his car and he said "you're quicker!" to which I asked if he was modified. He said it was a bone-stock 425hp, and I told him I was modded. We parted ways and it was a very positive experience. Overall I'm very pleased that I beat a SRT-8.

edit: weird that my sig isn't showing. Here are my mods:

SLP Lid, Ported TB, Magnaflow Cat-back, Hurst Short Throw Shifter
    Last edited by RandomOmen; 06-18-2007 at 11:19 AM.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    nice man...turbo 350z=sex
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

ive lost to a z on the freeway but my car is auto i didnt think to much of it.
    but the other day i was on the way back from dinner with my girl and i see a srt 8 300, she sees it to and says . LUKE DONT DO IT, of course what am i gonna do, what any other red blodded f body man would do, I DID IT. lol

i pulled up next to him and tryed to roll down my window but my gf was holding the button, she is a shit sometimes but anyways after i coax her into just letting me talk to him she lets go, i said hi, he said hi back, than he revved his engine and i heard that whistle from under his hood, i say shocked you got a blower??? he said yep wanna race. i said hell yeah, my gf starts yelling lol"let me out of here" i said shut up i need your weight for traction!! shut up and hold on lol. i said to the guy i just wanna race to 80mph cause my girl and the street up ahead curves, he said okay so anyways we went for it and i had him by a half a carl. i waas reallly happy he was not so happy. all i have done to my car is cai exhaust and maf, and 295 tires. it was a fun time

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I too have lost to my friend in his turbo 350Z(426whp tuned on 7.5psi)

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Turbo 350z's are teh sex. Nissan should take not and umm...turbo charge them.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Nice kill/death...the srt guy probably thinks he was hanging with a heavily modded WS6

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

nice story -- I like the G35 and the 30Z - adding a turbo makes it a bad azz car.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

good kill and death, cant win 'em all

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    ive lost to a z on the freeway but my car is auto i didnt think to much of it.
    but the other day i was on the way back from dinner with my girl and i see a srt 8 300, she sees it to and says . LUKE DONT DO IT, of course what am i gonna do, what any other red blodded f body man would do, I DID IT. lol

i pulled up next to him and tryed to roll down my window but my gf was holding the button, she is a shit sometimes but anyways after i coax her into just letting me talk to him she lets go, i said hi, he said hi back, than he revved his engine and i heard that whistle from under his hood, i say shocked you got a blower??? he said yep wanna race. i said hell yeah, my gf starts yelling lol"let me out of here" i said shut up i need your weight for traction!! shut up and hold on lol. i said to the guy i just wanna race to 80mph cause my girl and the street up ahead curves, he said okay so anyways we went for it and i had him by a half a carl. i waas reallly happy he was not so happy. all i have done to my car is cai exhaust and maf, and 295 tires. it was a fun time

So you beat a SRT8 with a blower? With you basically stock F bod? Are you sure he had a blower?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    So you beat a SRT8 with a blower? With you basically stock F bod? Are you sure he had a blower?
    I'm pretty sure he neglected to mention the huge amounts of wheel spin the SRT8 had on launch...

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    a blown srt-8 would have over 500+rwhp....even if you were h/c you would have a hhhard time killing him

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yea he spun, i had him from the launch by 3 and a pretty steady pull on me. butt i got him at the end by half a car. also before i put my bigger tires on i hit a 13.4, now maybe 13.2 maybe a bit faster. oh and i to make the story even better i have 134000 miles lol

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

oh and he had a pro charger and he told me he dynod at 525 hp

2001 WS6, 2003 SRT4(sold)

threadjacker.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I know were jacking the thrred sorry, but its really hard to believe a car with 300rwhp beat a car with 500rwhp

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

dude i dont know what to tell you. we only raced to 80mph. i would imagine that in a full quarter he would have got me by a few cars. tis was more like a 1/8 due to the curve in the road ahead.

and sorry for jacking the thread

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Wow, I didn't even think I'd be able to keep up w/ a stock SRT-8 and I have more MODs then you...
    I've beaten the Daytona's and whatnot pretty easily, but an SRT-8 might be trouble, and I wouldn't dare mess w/ one that's blown. But hey, that's just me!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

cracker

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Wow, I didn't even think I'd be able to keep up w/ a stock SRT-8 and I have more MODs then you...
    I've beaten the Daytona's and whatnot pretty easily, but an SRT-8 might be trouble, and I wouldn't dare mess w/ one that's blown. But hey, that's just me!
    those cars are a joke. both cars stock as can be the camaro would take it. and thats just based on the guys runnin around in them and my friends lt1 6 speed car beating one, i cant wait to run into this guy again he lives right around the corner from my house. except this time i will have my video camera.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i meant the guys who drive them around where i live, have beaten a few srt8 300 or chagers.

Thread Information